PDA

View Full Version : A little issue with the car

Menzy
06-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey guys and girls ...

ive had my car for a while now ... been driving it with out a problem...

now in the morning when the car is on to warm up ... when i press the clutch it makes noises, some sort of pressure being let out ... its does for a few times ... then it goes away ... dont know why ... any help would be appreaciated ...

and another thing is when i have the aircon on ... and im driving if i press the clutch all the way to shift up/down the car would idel at just over 400 and it would rumble then rev to 700-900 by its self ... any idea why that happens...

all the help is appreciated :wave: Thank you :D

bennjamin
06-02-2006, 05:02 PM
first problem soudns like the release bearing might be iffy and in need of replacement sooner or later (you can quickfix by spraying some WD40 or similar into the release fork on the GB area ...the noise will come back tho later.

Weq
06-02-2006, 05:02 PM
2nd is normal.

1st could be a throwout bearing on the way out.

Menzy
06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
yea for the 1st problem i thought that might be it ... it also makes a wierd noise at idle sounds like somthing loose or touching some where ... oh wellz ... ill get it done when replacing the clutch ... what about the 2nd normal is that normal i had an ED before and it was dual carby and it never did it before ... ? ben and Weq thanks for the tips guys ... :)

ek
06-02-2006, 11:11 PM
I get the same noise from my clutch. Havent really diagnosed the problem, but its been in the car ever since Ive owned it (approx 4 years).

Someone told me to grease up the clutch fork, but hey its not bothering me anymore :)