PDA

View Full Version : Euro pricing

juve
10-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Hi all,
Im a newbie here to Ozhonda. I'm a current 97 Integra owner and looking at buying a Euro standard.

I'm curious with what people would think is a fair price for a standard Euro Auto (I do too much driving for work to want to stick with Manual :( ) would be drive away? The dealer I've spoken to believes I could get in the $37ks.

I would love to get leather but can't justify the extra $7k for the Luxury. Has anyone had an experience adding Leather to their standard. Would you think it'd cost similar to lets say a Falcon trimming which I know is $2800.

Thanks for your thoughts

:)

A'PEXi
10-04-2004, 11:55 AM
you could always go the standard model, and have it retrimmed in a leather colour by a trimming company.... when you get the money... also have the seats re-upholstered so theyre more buckety :D

EuroAccord13
11-04-2004, 07:18 AM
Where are u at?

For the extra 7K, you not only get the leather seats, but you get the sunroof, HID, Rain Sensor and lastly..... more weight :P,

I agree with Apexi, if u want leather, get it retrimmed from the trimmer and it'll still cost less...

CHEERS
Nick

yfin
11-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi all,
Im a newbie here to Ozhonda. I'm a current 97 Integra owner and looking at buying a Euro standard.

I'm curious with what people would think is a fair price for a standard Euro Auto (I do too much driving for work to want to stick with Manual :( ) would be drive away? The dealer I've spoken to believes I could get in the $37ks.

I would love to get leather but can't justify the extra $7k for the Luxury. Has anyone had an experience adding Leather to their standard. Would you think it'd cost similar to lets say a Falcon trimming which I know is $2800.

Thanks for your thoughts

:)

I have seen a Euro fully trimmed in leather and it cost the owner around $2300. When I say fully trimmed I mean everything - door trim, boot, steering wheel etc.

here are pics...

http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/Autoshow.asp?AutoID=20031020222034

coladuna
11-04-2004, 02:25 PM
sure it costs less now to just re-trim it with leather, but when you sell it you probably won't get a cent more than other Accord Euro standard whereas if you buy Luxury model now, you'll get more than standard Accord Euro when you sell it.
Plus, you get lots of goodies like mentioned above. I think you also get electric seat adjustment for driver/passenger side too.
Also, you get curtain airbags for driver/passenger side and fog lights

juve
11-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah but the problem is the difference is actually almost 10k!

I've got pricing on the standard as low as $36500 on the road (to be confirmed Tuesday) whilst no one is willing to negotiate with the Luxury, altough if I pushed I'm sure I could something off on the luxury which retails at $46500 on the road maybe a k or 2. Budget doesn't push that far and its seems difficult to justify.

yfin
11-04-2004, 04:53 PM

I've got pricing on the standard as low as $36500 on the road (to be confirmed Tuesday) whilst no one is willing to negotiate with the Luxury, altough if I pushed I'm sure I could something off on the luxury which retails at $46500 on the road maybe a k or 2. Budget doesn't push that far and its seems difficult to justify.

Go and see Tom Kendall at Gary Warren Smith Honda - Oakleigh. He had the best price on Euros in Melbourne when I was shopping late 03.

I have the standard model and I don't miss the sunroof, HID, leather, heated seats, crappy wood grain finish, fogs, etc. The driving experience is the same - if not better - due to the 40kg weight saving.

EuroAccord13
11-04-2004, 06:03 PM

Go and see Tom Kendall at Gary Warren Smith Honda - Oakleigh. He had the best price on Euros in Melbourne when I was shopping late 03.

I have the standard model and I don't miss the sunroof, HID, leather, heated seats, crappy wood grain finish, fogs, etc. The driving experience is the same - if not better - due to the 40kg weight saving.

I was there before.. offered me a riduculous price if I take up his choice of colours..

In the end, Eastern Honda offered me the lowest price and ever since, another friend of mine has bought his car there too.. You might wanna check them out and look for Maxine Collins, tell them the cheeky fella mentioned her

EuroAccord13
11-04-2004, 06:04 PM

I was there before.. offered me a riduculous price if I take up his choice of colours..

In the end, Eastern Honda offered me the lowest price and ever since, another friend of mine has bought his car there too.. You might wanna check them out and look for Maxine Collins, tell them the cheeky fella mentioned her

juve
11-04-2004, 06:14 PM
tried eastern lowest they will go is 37750 :|

37 is from courtney

westside said they'll go cheaper but need to confirm with manager

will also check out G W smith

SmIrNoFF
20-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Retrimming the seats will save you money, but will void your warranty due to the airbag sensors and crap hooked up to the seats. Well thats what the dealer told me, maybe hes trying to roll me.

vxexec
22-04-2004, 04:44 PM
tried eastern lowest they will go is 37750

37 is from courtney

my wife got her luxury (man) for $42k drive away in Feb :)

i reckon the luxo model is worth every cent more than the pov pack despite the additional weight 8)

coladuna
23-04-2004, 02:18 AM
That's pretty good price.
Isn't Accord Euro Luxury $42-43K excluding on-road costs?
I think Luxury is worth every cent too, but I don't like the wood trim.
It looks much better without the wood as it makes it kinda for older people.

vxexec
23-04-2004, 08:05 AM
quoted rrp probably depends on where and when you go - i was told that rrp was $44,500 for the luxo in manual.

i agree - the fake wood trim does look tacky :?

euro77
25-04-2004, 12:07 AM
but you can always replace them with the silver one :D
of course it has a cost to replace them :lol: