PDA

View Full Version : Yellow wire disconnected!!! HELP PLEASE!

tracer
07-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I have a 94' vti-r integra.
For some reason i decided to remove my CAI as I thought the piping was a little too long.
In the process I have somehow ripped off a yellow wire that seems to come from the parking lights.

The thing is I dont know where the other end is meant to connect to???

The parking lights work as well as the headlights. Im not sure if this was a wire installed from the previous owner (maybe a connection to fog lights), which my car doesnt have.

Can someone tell me what this wire does??? and where it should connect to?

Any help would be appreciated.

I will hope to post a few pics up when i get the chance to help out those that may be confused with what im saying.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2448/wire16py.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

michael_antoi
07-02-2006, 11:08 PM
pics would help

'a yellow wire' doesn't help much

Slow96GSR
08-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Yellow is for air bags. Orange is brakes, everything else is for the rest of the car. That's the plugs, if it's a wire that will work most of the time but that's a U.S. coding.

bungsai
08-02-2006, 09:53 AM
if its like slow96gssr says it, be careful dude, airbags = explosives.

TRU32U
08-02-2006, 12:06 PM
yup ANYTHING wrapped in yellow tape, or yellow plastics are for airbags.

grnlude
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
This might be the wire that goes to the sensor in front of the car for the airbag system.

hoonda
08-02-2006, 01:54 PM
This might be the wire that goes to the sensor in front of the car for the airbag system.

^^^ i agree

Yellow is definitely airbag wiring. U should take it to a Honda dealer, airbag stuff should not be messed with. If u play around with loose sensor wire, always a chance it will set off airbags...

tracer
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Update with a picture...

HELP ME, I dont want an airbag going off in my face. :(

Slow96GSR
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
If you are going to work on the air bag system you MUST disconnect the battery for at least 1 hour before working on the system, Then disconnect the airbag computer to rehook the sensors.

TRU32U
08-02-2006, 05:01 PM
to make sure if its the airbags, jus press the metal hoop infront of the radiator if the air bags comes out then it aint for the airbags =P

tracer
08-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Why would there be a sensor inside my front parker lights/indicator lights???

tracer
08-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Nah, the former owner didnt have fog lights, this is what im guessing the wire is for?

Should the same yellow wire be connected to the other indicator light?

kronjp
09-02-2006, 02:32 AM
Couldn't view the pic. but wonder does it look like a factory wire?
If so, I'd check a wiring diagram. I did a quick search and came up with this link

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

I don't have any experience with ABS but I'd imagine if it were an ABS wire, the ABS lamp should be illuminated in the dashpod indicating there's some malfunction. You should be able to disconnect the ABS system by pulling the fuse if you were worried.