PDA

View Full Version : Rattling noise help

Miss_Behave
08-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi all!

When i am driving i sometimes hear a rattling noise that is coming from around my gearbox/clutch area.:(

But when i put it in neutral gear the noise goes away. Its happens more often now.

Does anyone know what it could be or mean/cost?

Thankyou!:)

Miss Chanel
08-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Clutch shutter? hehe.. i dunno.

It can be a lot of things, maybe to do with the disks... do u still hear the noise when u back off the throttle?

EuroDude
08-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Are you sure its not just the cup holder? Happens to mine...

iamhappy46
09-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Could be a number of things, from inner CV joints, wheel bearings, engine mounts, etc but without looking at it... it is really hard to tell.

Sorry, to say but you will need a professional diagnosis...

MoonSha
10-02-2006, 07:00 AM
I've read something about a "throwout bearing" that "dies" and makes noise until the clutch is in. Quite possibly wrong but it's a start for the google adventure I hope you bother to take.

bennjamin
10-02-2006, 10:09 AM
it might even be "pinging" of the engine. Check your timing !

Twincam16
10-02-2006, 10:46 AM
It might be harmonic vibration in the cabin... sound waves makes certain things in car vibrate and cause them to rattle, mine sounds like its coming from under left door... but its a del-sol...

What car are you driving?

nearly-man
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
check your release bearing in your clutch, if its worn it wil rattle, sounds a bit like bottom end knocking but more metallic, am i right,

well if it is that, then its new clutch time im afraid, u get a realese bearing with the new clutch anyway, well we do over here in the UK