PDA

View Full Version : I need your expertise for a 96 VTiR

Hondude
08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
HI all,

I'm on the market for a 96 VtiR Civic Coupe.

I found one at a Dealer for $16,990.

96 model, completely stock. FSH, one owner and very good condition.

Is this a reasonable price?

What should I look for inregards to structural and mechanical condition?

Any help, knowledge and advise appreciated.

Thanks,

michael_antoi
08-02-2006, 02:06 PM
my mate bought his coupe on the weekend

98 vti coupe for 10k

michael_antoi
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
oh sorry - your after a vtir...

[[d a n n y]]
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
for starters it's not a coupe it's a hatch back
theres nothing realy specific.
just look @ service records kays etc
how many kays on it?
if it's got over 100K kms dont it's too expensive

but if it's got 60-80K kms then it's worth it imo

Hondude
08-02-2006, 02:28 PM
its got 92,000 km's.

[[d a n n y]]
08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
i woudlnt spend 17K on it

i'll pay 15K max for it.
how's the rego on it?
tyres etc?

Hondude
08-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Not sure on the tyre condition or the rego but if the finance falls through on the current buyer, i'll be having a closer look.

I dont want to spend $17k on it and there's no way i would. I wouldn't spend more than $16k to be honest. I'm hoping to secure it for $15k if its all works out.

the car does look in really good condition.

It can be seen at hondanorth.com.au and then select used vehicles. select Honda and then Civic and you'll have a chance to check it out.

Sir_vtec
08-02-2006, 03:02 PM
if its the dealers price, there is always good chances that u can nego. All dealers are prepared to knock off some sort of amount to sell it. im sure u can def get it cheaper then 17k, make sure u are dead serious to the dealer and keep throwing offers at em. 15k on the cards isnt too bad. if u could find any faults with it tell the dealer that will cost u some $$ to fix hence they should knock off some $$. good luck with all.

Hondude
08-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Just wanna thank you all for your assistance with this.

I'll be sure to let you guys know how it went.

ekslut
08-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Looks pretty good man. If its from the dealer the price is not too bad. KM's aren't too high as its getting hard to find EK4's under 100,000km. And its harder to find white EK4's as they are very popular. Its got the optional front lip (SIR lip), rear mid wing, and everything has been colour coded which is not standard. Looks lowered too, so check out what springs & shocks it has (at least what colour they are). Exhaust doesn't look standard too (hard to tell from pics), so check out what brand it is, and if its axle back or cat back.

Overall looks to be in good condition. Price is good for a white EK4 with under 100,000km, but I would be trying for $16,000

By the way its a hatch, not a coupe.

BrianC
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Try for 15, and see if u can get em to throw on 3 months warranty on top of it. Obviously drive it too, check for signs of hard driving and a smokey exahaust. See how the engine bay looks also, alotta mods IE: red rocker cover and chrome sway bar and things like that, can sometimes mean a really "enthusiastic" driver once owned it :D

See if the dealer can shed more light on the type of person that previously owned it too :thumbsup:

PS: i think that gearknob looks aftermarket too, if that makes any difference to u :)

Cheers

PaZzMaN-R
08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
hey mate you sould get it under 15 no worries unless the dealers are trying to make money or baught it for alot. looks very good in white i think its lowered. also it looks like stock gear nob. do not pay more then 15 for it unless you desperate i know what i paid for mine and it had alot less km's and an unbetable service history also owned by an old lady who never even took it into vtec.