PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal?

UR2L8
10-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Ive read some topics about wheel legality issues, but cant find anyone exactly saying what legal is. I got a DC2 ITR with 17inch Rims and 215/40/17 for tyres. Is this legal?

euGeR
10-04-2004, 02:15 PM
New South Wales: The overall diameter of alternative tyres must be not more than 15mm larger than the largest O.E. size or 15mm smaller than the smallest O.E. size. Minimum speed rating is N (140 kph).

Victoria: The overall diameter of alternative tyres must be not more than 15mm larger than the largest O.E. size. Minimum speed rating is equivalent to the highest state speed limit, which is 110kph or K.

OE is written in your placecard (on the door area)

So if stock DC2R is 195/55/50 ---> to stay within rolling diameter ..
205/45/16
upsizing to 215/35/17 <-- should be the right size
So 215/40/17 should be within the 15mm limit.

I Remember reading the ADR rules as +1 fitment of the largest "optioned" Rim size for your model but my memory is blury. However some insurance companies do specify an increase of +1 in the "size of the rim" and not overall diameter. Pls do look it up to confirm :)

joneblaze
10-04-2004, 05:18 PM
I Remember reading the ADR rules as +1 fitment of the largest "optioned" Rim size for your model

Correct. :)

BTW, I believe this topic has been covered a few times before.

UR2L8
10-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Cool thanx Euger.

Joneblaze: "BTW, I believe this topic has been covered a few times before" so

joneblaze
10-04-2004, 05:43 PM
so SEARCH. You got major attitude buddy. Hopefully it's "UR" not "2L8" to make amends for that.

UR2L8
10-04-2004, 05:50 PM
joneblaze: "Hopefully it's "UR" not "2L8" to make amends for that" so whats that supposed to mean? is that a threat? take it easy small fella. So what if I didnt do a 100% search, I dont have 10 hours of the day to do that, but I did do a search on this topic. I thought forums are in place for many things and one thing being able to help someone with a question or problem among other things. But certainly not to act like you do joneblaze. I made a post and got my question answered, thats all I wanted and not some try hard "know it all" that thinks telling someone about their attitude is going to solve anything.

wynode
10-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok take it easy felllaS!

joneblaze
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
joneblaze: "Hopefully it's "UR" not "2L8" to make amends for that" so whats that supposed to mean? is that a threat? take it easy small fella. So what if I didnt do a 100% search, I dont have 10 hours of the day to do that, but I did do a search on this topic. I thought forums are in place for many things and one thing being able to help someone with a question or problem among other things. But certainly not to act like you do joneblaze. I made a post and got my question answered, thats all I wanted and not some try hard "know it all" that thinks telling someone about their attitude is going to solve anything.

A threat? We're in different states and arguing over the Internet. Why would I bother to threaten anyone? I merely stated you have an attitude problem, and hopefully you can change that in the future.
I confirmed the ADR rules in my post, and I noted that this topic had been covered before, meaning you COULD have found the information without starting a new thread and clogging up the forum boards as Wynode has previously stated. I never instructed you to search for 10 hours, I just said the information has been previously covered in other threads (one of them started by me the noob nonetheless). Forums ARE places to learn and interact with people of a similar interest. I don't care for your attitude nor your inability to be humble.
I'm far from a "know it all", in fact I'm abit of a "know it little" at the moment, but I'm sure that will change with people helping me out.
So chill out son, and i might be a small fella, but keep it up and I'll have to sic Owen on ya ;) [threat disclaimer: that was a joke, not a threat, so don't feel threatened ok la? :roll: ]

Javed
10-04-2004, 10:10 PM
hahaha nice touch of the la at the end dude! my relatives are all from singapore and its damn funny listening to them speak! :D

Ironfist
11-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Sorry ... but from the way i read this post ... joneblaze you should chill out. The comments from your second post are unnecessary.
This is suppose to be a community of nice ppl helping each other out, not like 2 other honda forums i can think of where mods or regulars constantly say go do a search.
Some ppl like the conformation of others before making their purchase. I know i sure do because i don't have money to throw around.
I can tell you if occurrences like this keep happening ppl are just going to leave this forum because no1 wants to be surrounded by negative attitude.

If don't have anything helpful to post, don't post at all. Its as simple as that.

Calvo
11-04-2004, 04:21 PM
joneblaze is right in wat he said, as an example, there is currently a thread outlining the same topic of discussion as this, and wouldnt require searching really. just opening ur eyes...
Technical Forum is there for a reason (http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3181)

no point posting the same question that has been asked at basically the same time (still a current thread).