PDA

View Full Version : Difference between VTi and VTi-S??

madgrk
10-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Roughly 94 models I mean.. Any mechanical difference? Both an F22B yeah?? I'm just assuming one has leather, and the other is optional etc.. More of a luxury model 8)

Oh and another question.. Absolutely no chance of finding an H22A in an accord yeah? No such stock standard model? I wouldnt think so :(

Thanks peoplez :D

theo

poid
10-04-2004, 10:05 PM
You're right about the VTi to VTi-S difference, the VTi-S is the luxury model and has leather etc. The engine is the F22B1 in both

H22A doesnt come stock in any model that can was sold here, nor in any model that can be complied here. It did come in the Japanese SiR and Euro-R in europe

toE
10-04-2004, 11:58 PM
wat's up with the qs theo?? looking at an accord now are ya??

Calvo
11-04-2004, 01:06 AM
vti-s ams teh hax :D

madgrk
11-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Contemplating as to whether I want a fast car, or just a nice cruising style car.. My dad also likes the Accord (he HATES the EG lol) so yeah.. Trying to satisfy everyone (Power and looks lol)..

Are aftermarket parts readily available for these engines in Australia? I will be investigating these a bit more, but most in my price range have travelled across Australia and back lol..

Spoon-Accord
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
haha.. i got both Exi- And Vti-S Accords..
Very Very diffrent Theo..
No climate.. Some Vti dont have ABS..SRS..
Suspension does feel a little diffrent..
Vti feel alot empty.. boring..
i got the Exi.. its even more worse!!!

but hey.. the plainer.. the more lighter :P

Ken

Chi
11-04-2004, 09:31 AM
dont forget you got a bloody h22a in your accord.

4thGenExi
11-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Far as I could tell the only difference between the 2 was the dead cow interior.

poid
11-04-2004, 12:15 PM
madgrk: depends what parts you are after...they can be a little harder to source for the F series but it's not too bad. They are good engines to boost :)

madgrk
11-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Alrighty thanks guys :D I have rounded my list to as follows

EG w/ B18 or B16 (depending on whether I can source one)
Accord VTi-S
Lancer GSR

More keen on the top two, so time shall tell :thumbsup:

Spoon-Accord
11-04-2004, 04:02 PM
get an accord VTi-S in black.. or dark color..
dump the thing.. big arse lorenzo's..
nice and bling bling cruiser

:D

Ken

Savant
21-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Does the Vti-S actually have climate control or just air-con? Some specs say it does, other say it doesn't and all interior photos i have seen indicate that it just has air-con.

Seems to me the only difference between Vti and Vti-S is the leather.

Savant

poid
21-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Air con, with an 'auto' function that i have never used. Dont think that counts as climate control does it? :)

I have never seen what the VTi version of the air con does and doesnt do

Dominik
21-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Auto is climate... Set it to a certain temperature and it keeps the car at that temperature (adjusting the fan speed and outlet temp automatically). It is a very good feature, because otherwise i find myself constantly adjusting the temperature and fan speed as the car gets too cold/hot
Only thing i hate about it is that it defaults to 'fresh' air (from outside the car). Anyone who has driven sydney traffic knows thats not good. But as soon as you press 'recirculate' it drops off Auto mode :(

I think the following differences are what sets the VTIS apart
Climate
Cruise
Leather
Sunroof as Standard
Electric driver's seat height adjustment??
Badges (duh!)

Calvo
21-06-2004, 04:40 PM
i hate climate control, my parents have it in the camry and the merc.

i prefer just either HOT or COLD and u adjust it urself. esp wen i got to work at 6am and its fkin freezin, screw that climate control shit. i want heat!!

Bol
21-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Climate
Cruise
Leather
Sunroof as Standard
Badges (duh!)

Dom, ive got Cruise control, sunroof (option??), electric seat (very handy) on a VTi... i always thought it was ABS and leather which were the differences.

Dominik
21-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Ok, here is the definitive answer guys:
Leather
ABS
Storage pocket/tray (?)
Climate (not listed on that site, but i havent seen a VTi with climate, and all VTiS's that i have seen do have it)

'94 Accord (Manual)
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.research_results?price_min=&price_max= &category_id=5&search_type=21&make_name=HONDA&mode l_name=ACCORD&selected_model=3&year_min=1993&year_ max=1994&keyword=&BODY_NAME=Sedan&drive_id=&door_n um=&seat_num=&engine_low=&engine_high=&cs_trans_id =2

(Click COMPARE to see comparisons)

Calvo
21-06-2004, 06:09 PM
define "climate".

i dont think i have climate control, just normal A/C with hot/cold knob and fan speed knob.

ECU-MAN
21-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Auto is climate... Set it to a certain temperature and it keeps the car at that temperature (adjusting the fan speed and outlet temp automatically). It is a very good feature, because otherwise i find myself constantly adjusting the temperature and fan speed as the car gets too cold/hot
Only thing i hate about it is that it defaults to 'fresh' air (from outside the car). Anyone who has driven sydney traffic knows thats not good. But as soon as you press 'recirculate' it drops off Auto mode :(

Climate
Cruise
Leather
Sunroof as Standard
Badges (duh!)

VTi also has cruise and Electric driver's seat height adjustment?? and Sunroof as Standard

VTi-S also has ABS
cant remember if they have passangers airbag though

poid
21-06-2004, 08:09 PM
yeh they have passenger airbag, '96-97 does anyway

REK13S
21-06-2004, 08:15 PM
i dont see any passenger airbag on my 97 accord

ECU-MAN
21-06-2004, 08:21 PM

is it a VTIS ????

REK13S
21-06-2004, 08:25 PM
its a vti

is it a VTIS ????

Dominik
21-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Calvin... That sounds like normal AC to me! Climate has only one knob for temp. Fan speed etc is done by buttons on the other side of the display

Ok, so its only the leather, ABS, and this storage compartment which i am yet to discover... And passenger airbag on the later model VTiS

D'oh! I thought the VTiS was like really special, top of the line etc...

Anyone know if there are any external differences? Twin tipped exhausts? colour coding etc?

Savant
21-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Ok, so its only the leather, ABS, and this storage compartment which i am yet to discover

lol keep looking.

I've been looking around for an accord and the Vti and Vti-S seem to be selling for pretty much the same price anyway. Only problem is, the leather upholstery shows much more wear than it's counterpart, unless there has been extra extra care taken.

Dominik
21-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah, i was originally after a VTi, but this car came up at the right price, so i couldnt resist. Leather isnt *that* bad, but it sure is cold on these winter mornings :)

But has anyone seen a VTi with climate (auto) a/c?

REK13S
22-06-2004, 10:09 AM
i got a vti with climate (auto) a/c

ECU-MAN
22-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah, i was originally after a VTi, but this car came up at the right price, so i couldnt resist. Leather isnt *that* bad, but it sure is cold on these winter mornings :)

But has anyone seen a VTi with climate (auto) a/c?

in the AUDM I thoght that only VTiS came with Climax Control. Vti and EXi had the temp and fan speed knobs.
REK13s is yours leather ( could be a VtiS with VTi badge. My VTi has a VTiS badge on it :shock: )

doesnt the VTIs also have electric seats as well ( not only the hight adjustment ) or is that only the JDM

Dominik
22-06-2004, 10:58 PM
I think its only the JDM Accords that have full electric seats (which ROCK by the way - my Soarer had full electric seats, and 2 position memory - it was very easy to get comfy).

In the '95 - '97 Accords, Both VTi and VTiS have ABS. The VTiS gets passenger side airbag, leather and climate control.

In any of these cases though it is possible that the buyer added certain options (such as climate control) to a lower spec Accord

ECU-MAN
22-06-2004, 11:06 PM
I think its only the JDM Accords that have full electric seats (which ROCK by the way - my Soarer had full electric seats, and 2 position memory - it was very easy to get comfy).

In the '95 - '97 Accords, Both VTi and VTiS have ABS. The VTiS gets passenger side airbag, leather and climate control.

In any of these cases though it is possible that the buyer added certain options (such as climate control) to a lower spec Accord
I have seen shit loads of Vti but none with Climate control. also I dont think abs ever went into the 94 - 95 Vti only the 96-97 ones. I got a 95 Vti with no ABS

Dominik
23-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Yeah, i'm just going by what is on the Carsales site. They use the year the model was first built... I.e. 93 is the First iteration. Perhaps the taillight/grill update was late 1995?