PDA

View Full Version : Pls i need help with cl9...

omicl9
10-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi my name is omer and i am new to this thread....i have a 2004 honda accord Cl9 2.4 litre automatic full navigation system which is equivalent to the acura TSX K24 which u guys drive in north america region....as my car is japanese so i think it holds up to 196bhp stock....now pls i seriously need help from u guys....i have been surfing on this board for about 1 month now....and finally got the time and chance to post my own thread and querry....pls pls pls pls pls guys i need more power, more response on the pedal......Now there is only one problem....i cant put things like turbo or nos to my car...cuz i would wana sell it after a while...just want some minor changes which might gimme a good feeling and a bit of increase in the HP....i hope u guys understand what i mean....
Well this is what i was thinking pls if u could just take a look and give me ur honest opinions i would really appreciate it.....
1) Mugen High Performance Air Intake System-carbon fiber
OR
Cold air intake.....now im confuseddd in CAI aswell (AEM, K&N or INJEN)...mind u we have bad weather usually and i might need somethin with a drycharger or what ever its called....and i heard u have to drill thru the bumper?? to install the CAI...n e wyas pls help me out here and yesssssss money is not an issue....just need ur guidance...pls
2) Spark plugs iridium...now guys does they really make any change or differnece in the HP....if yes than which brand DENSO or HKS or ???????
3) CAT-BACK EXHAUST.....now im confused in CBE's...do they really make any difference to the car or just the bloddy noise....if yes than pls which one....i heard greddy's are good but they are very noisy....u c i want something which is super quite...LOL i know im demanding too much ....its just that we have regulations against noisy cars....how about comptech exhausts....i heard they arnt noisy....pls guys help me out in this department aswell....cheers.
4) Headers....lol im really blank in this department...what exactly do they do....how many type and which brands are good....got no freakin idea LOL....some 1 told me if u change ur cat-back u should change this aswell and there are diff grades aswell...pls help me out.....is it necessary...or just .....
5) Fly wheels again got no clue....i think it helps rev up faster than originals...as they are lighter.....now the thing is i do need somethin which responds to me kwick from 0-60 mph and from 3000 rpm till 8000rpm.....cuz thats where my car lacks power at times....in shorter gear ....sometimes it takes time to rev up the rpm fast.....and in heavy traffic we need that kinda power....do u think it will help....??
6) Hondata Heatshield Intake Manifold Gaskets ???? LOL i heard its a cheap upgrade and it realy helps when ur car lacks HP....
7) Engine oil ....now i use a mobil1...full synthetic and its not bad....sounds really good aswell....but some one told me AMSOIL is much better or if u guys know anythin better....even if its expensive pls leme know....cheers
8) Strut Bars and Sway bars....now as far as i know LOL...hhehe its for ur suspensions....is it important cuz i have seen alot of souped cars with them....if yes than which brands pls....cheers
9) Now some one told me that i can also have a euroR cat converter.... i think dat would really help in increase of HP .....NO ??
10) Spoon 4 Pot Mono-Block Caliber lol i just ordered these will be arriving soon....so need to waste ur energy on this one....i know they are goood....

PLs dudes i know i would taking alot of ur time....but pls help me out here....i would really appreciate ur efforts....cheers

stephen8512
10-02-2006, 09:43 AM
*sigh* we have another 14yr old kid wanting to biuld their euro into a rice rocket. :D alrite since im a nice guy and bored, here we go (you can find this if you just searched as its been covered to death but i'll save you the trouble)

first of all, we're in australia not in the "north america" region and we have no TSX's here. :D
second of all, euro was not meant to be an all out performance car. if you want to get the performance, shoulda gotten an wrx/skyline/evo/silvia etc. something turbo or something
third of all, hondas arent cheap to mod. unless u have a few $$$$$ in ur pockets, u wont get far if u want the max. performance outta ur euro as gettin the max performance requires getting quality sh!t. and quality sh!t = $$$$$$$$.

1) mugen high performance CF air intake is basically like using the stock air system. it just has a carbon fibre lid to make it look pretty as shit. there are a few gains sure but if u want maximum power, i suggest you get INJEN or K&N typhoon as these provide the max. power from CAI's u can get and theyre dyno tested (injen is dyno tested, not sure about K&N but its just as good)
you dont have to drill thru the bumper. a drycharger is simply a cover that covers the actual filter if ur really scared about gettin bits of water in ur filter (it also stop other things like bugs gettin caught between the filter itself)

2) cat back exhaust. ok. they wont do you much difference unless you upgrade your headers and upgrade the cat. I myself have a GREDDY EVO2 that im installing in 2 days time and its pretty quiet as well as sounding beefy when need be. quiet one on the market is the fujitsubo legalis R which is very quiet compared to other aftermarket exhausts u can buy. comptech exhaust, yeah its not bad from what i hear from pple who own it from the states, but again, its up to you what you wanna buy. other companies such as D2, Tanabe and of course, mugen offer catback exhausts for the CL9. if u wanna hear the noise levels of a greddy, comptech and fujitsubo, visit this link. http://homepage.mac.com/tonecool/Files/FileSharing20.html

3) Headers. before i explain this, its best for you to go and search on google or somewhere of what the header actually does, or else its gonna take too much time here. its not absolutely necessary, but if you want to max. power output from ur euro without getting a turbo or SC, then yes it can be considered a necessity.

4) Flywheel. Response of the car is quicker. again, not a necessity but for the path ur travelling, yes u need it.

5) hondata heatshield and intake manifold gasket. this wont do much interms of getting HP i dont think.

6) engine oil is basically your choice. i personally use full syntehtic oil from MOTUL and gets the job done.

7) struts and sways. stiffens the chassis when cornering so to reduce body roll. imagine cornering at 70kms/hour turning left. now if you turn the car left, ur body will shift right yes? ur experiencing car body roll there. what a sway and strut bar does is help eliminate the bodyroll as much as it can so that it would seem as if the car is cornering on rails. there still will be at least some feedback from the cornering u'll feel but def. reduced if u get a sway and strut bar.
lots od pple choose to go JDM but any strut bar is fine. Comptech make one, so do neuspeed. Cusco makes one also for our cars and u can also fit the SPOON CL7 strut bar on our cars too. rear sway, again, comptech, whiteline, swiftm neuspeed make rear sways.

8) euro R cat converter wont give u as much HP gains as compared to a proper high flowing car i think.

9) spoon 4 pot calipers. yes, they are good.

seriously dude, this is a one off. theres a lot of pple asking questions like urself and the response they always got was "search" and the thread was closed. these answers can be found if u search these forums. however, i hope this gives u a bit of info as to where u wanna go.

omicl9
10-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Cheers mate u was a great help....well first of all u just made me 10 years younger than my original age...im 24.....but i can imagine my questions might be coming on to u really stupid....well sorry if i was a bit of a buzz.....now i know this website is from down unda....u c i posted the same question at acuratsx community....so didnot bother writing again...LOL CUT COPY AND PASTE....

Well money is not the issue for me in modifying my car....its just the right information which i needed....specially from experts like ur self and the rest of the members......well the thing is that i dun really wana make my cl9 in to a racing machine....yes i could have easily gone for a evo...but i chose to buy this car as i love the shape :D....so i just need simple modifications so i could be abit higher than my other accord geeza's....u c im from pakistan originally and we have alot of blokes runnin around with their new accords and euro R's....i hope u know what i mean

After judging ur reply...i think i might go with a K&N CAI with a drycharger....as in our country, idle water could be a hassle...thats why i was a bit scared cuz i would have to take a good care of that cai....but i guess the drycharger would do the job fine....but i heard thats good for mid to high....and mugen air intake is good for low to mid....i duno i could be wrong....i just need a bit of increase in HP lets say 5 would be more than enuf....LOL....2) Comptech stainless steel header which i think is a better buy...i could go with a toda aswell....but its a bit too expensive.....and yes i would be lookin for a high flow cat converter...hope to stumble upon a nice one...duno any brands though....may be u could help.....and yes i might go for the Hondata heatshield and intake manifold gasket...and ohh yeah flywheel....which are good brands for that....or could i reduce the weight on my original flywheel aswell....with plugs deff goin for denso or NGK....and oil this time ill deff try out AMSOIL 5W-30......might not go for a catback exhaust....only if i could find a really quit and smooth one....heard comptech are the quitest...LOL
Ohh yeah ill deff go with the cusco strut and lower bar...with swift sway bar....

me_kevinly
10-02-2006, 10:10 AM
1) mugen high performance CF air intake is basically like using the stock air system. it just has a carbon fibre lid to make it look pretty as shit. there are a few gains sure but if u want maximum power, i suggest you get INJEN or K&N typhoon as these provide the max. power from CAI's u can get and theyre dyno tested (injen is dyno tested, not sure about K&N but its just as good)
you dont have to drill thru the bumper. a drycharger is simply a cover that covers the actual filter if ur really scared about gettin bits of water in ur filter (it also stop other things like bugs gettin caught between the filter itself)

Actually to my knowledge MUGEN gain more power than Injen
and its not just a preety cover they actually have pipes going behind the bumper to where the fog light are located the get air. a very well engineered product i guess...
anyway its to dear, that why i got injen myself LOL

omicl9
10-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Hmmmm lol ur confusing me now :P U c money is not the issue for me...i just want performance....if im paying 1000 quids i should be gettin somethin out of it...but if u experts say its just a gimic..than ill go with the K&N cai with dry charger....cuz im shit scared of gettin water in the filter....thats why i was going for mugen...as its a better brand and some one told me it has a good throttle response... with more HP gain....cheers.

baboo
10-02-2006, 10:51 AM
if money was not an issue, why didn't you get a NSX and be done with?

baboo
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
if u want to go all out, K24 bottom end with K20A head, quad throttle setup for NA, Motec ECU and NOS it.

Chris_F
10-02-2006, 11:15 AM
damn really should have searched, every question you have has been covered before - i guess steven saved you a lot of effort.

mugen intake is a fairly basic design and i think is designed for all round quietness/refinement not just power gain. They are a company that is really about the overall pacakge not just hte performance. Injen will give you good gains for the money.

euroR cat is what im getting, its a metal cat. Aftermarket should be fine just make sure its a metal cat. some "high flow cats" arent realyl that great. and at least with a honda unit you know itll fit etc (with JDM headers that is) you cant use a euroR cat with comptech headers.

any catback should do just get one that sounds good... you arent gona get any super gains unless you go single outlet.

haha baboo is given you tips for a k24 monster :thumbsup:

but yea time to search man haha

stephen8512
10-02-2006, 11:35 AM
hahah yes baboo (steve) is our track guru for the euro. chris is soon to be next :D
anything pretty/rice/bling/cosmetic u can come to me :D hahaha

me_kevinly
10-02-2006, 01:50 PM
hmm... like they said
i guess best for you is to do a search

btw
that chick looks cute on stephen's avatar :D

Tobster
10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm sorry, but I just don't get all these people who buy the car and then go "I need loads more power". Don't they test drive the car first? If you're desperate for THAT much more power, buy a different car!

There's more to driving a car and having fun than outright power. Learn how to drive the car to best utilise what it has to offer -- not all cars work the same. Some are best low down, some better high up. Learn the difference and learn what works for you.

Chill out, learn to drive responsibly and realise that peak hour isn't a racetrack...

Hmmm. Think I'm having a rant n rave... I'll get off my soapbox now :p

BiLL|z0r
10-02-2006, 04:19 PM
To save retyping, I 100% agree with Tobster, especially when price is no object. If price was no object you'd buy a Ferrari or Porsche.

omicl9
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Cheese n rice....when i said price is not an issue i meant that i could easily spend a couple of grand on the modification of my car....LOL.....now i know i could have searched....but as a member of this forum i asked it my self....sorry if i bothered u guys too much....just wanted some professional answers....as i said before i dun wana turn my accord in to a monster....just wanted a bit of more power and nothin else....neva mind.....cheers for ur help....safe.

EuroAccord13
10-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi and good to know that you could have searched around for most if not all your questions as it has been covered once if not twice. :D :D

P.S. Australia is not in North America :)

I'm closing this as well as to save you getting more friendly rants around here :)