PDA

View Full Version : comptech intake

nobbs
10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
hey guys im interested in buying a comptech intake for my car,

im just wondering if anyone has one? any reviews on it?

im just trying to find out as much information about it as i can

thanks....

fried
10-02-2006, 01:44 PM
alex...

they are really good value man. my butt dyno with JUST the box + CAI tubing to stock filter + stock intake arm, felt amazing. ask joneblaze.... he could have swore a world of difference. with the hole system on, its great.

just watch out for a whistling from a few gaps between the airbox, filter and intake arm.

the box itself is very similar to standard except smooth... i wasnt sure if it would perform, but was really happy with it.

hit up LEO (hondaR) for one!

_CiVIC_
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35669&highlight=comptech+intake+civic

that should help you out alex :wave:

o0o0o more plans for the beast aye ;)

nobbs
10-02-2006, 02:13 PM
thanks eric, so u only got the box and tube aye? how come u didnt get the whole intake kit (i.e. filter and all)? is it louder than the stock intake?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35669&highlight=comptech+intake+civic

that should help you out alex :wave:

o0o0o more plans for the beast aye ;)

thanks dude.....nah not really more plans, sold my injen intake coz i wanted an enclosed box intake, i dont want more dramas from the boys in blue, so i need a replacement

fried
10-02-2006, 02:22 PM
alex i got the WHOLE kit from leo. at the time, i only installed the box and tube. when i had more time i later installed the intake arm + filter.

sound? man, i'm so glad i paid the extra money for the closed box vs a cheaper ebay INJEN option. the sound wont be heard if uve got any aftermarket exhuast. but otherwise theres a noticeable growl from induction.

pm sometime man, we'll meet up, and i'll take some pics of your car, and we'll chat.

all the best man.

barefootbonzai
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
It's pretty much a mugen replica isn't it?

Perry
11-02-2006, 12:38 AM
its true its pretty much mugen replica, the only down side it the filter which im still tryin to find out if its changable

fried
11-02-2006, 04:55 PM
ergh.....it MAY be a mugen replica.. but if you've seen a stock dc2 box vs comptech dc2 box vs mugen dc2 box.... i think you will find that its so much more closer to stock than it is mugen.

the "idea" is very mugen, but in terms of design, and the finished product, the comptech is quite similar to stock. the air box size is almost the same size and shape (without the restrictions inside ei: smooth inside). the cold air extension piping is not where as large as the mugen (and subsequently the sizings of the intake system as a whole ; including trumpet etc)

but heck... i can't say i've regretted purchasing it at any point. thanks Leo.