PDA

View Full Version : King Springs on Jazz

MaxiJazz
10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Just wonderng if anyone here has installed King Spring coils on thier Jazz, and how do they rate?

For the price, would it be considered a well worthy mod or are there better options available.

Ciao

asiansquad
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
i got king springs on my jazz and it's not bad

it's not too low and the ride is still comfy

MaxiJazz
10-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks AsianSqd.....

If u dnt mind me asking, how Low is "not too" Low,....?? Any pics? And when u say "comfy", do u mean the ride isnt much different from stock coils?

And another thing, what would they be worth? or at least what did u pay for them.

You input is much appreciated......

asiansquad
10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
it lowers the car by 30mm

this is the only pic i have..u can't really see how low it is

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6798/dscn27408lx.jpg

feels just a bit stiffer than stock springs

got them 300 installed

MaxiJazz
10-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks mate......

If you could, and only if u have the time, perhaps some pictures of its side profile???

$300......was that including the install...??? or just parts?

asiansquad
10-02-2006, 06:16 PM
including installation

wasn't done from a shop

Zimp13
10-02-2006, 06:47 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5425/benjazz002c1pe.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=benjazz002c1pe.jpg)

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7707/benjazz003c6ex.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=benjazz003c6ex.jpg)

car parked at a slope... thats y rear sits lower than front... car will sit level at a level ground.... but thats how it will b using king spring....

jonniedee
11-02-2006, 07:28 AM
it lowers the car by 30mm

this is the only pic i have..u can't really see how low it is

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6798/dscn27408lx.jpg

feels just a bit stiffer than stock springs

got them 300 installed

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Man you Aussie's know how to make everything look "Road Warror" cool! That all black set up is one evil Jazz!

MaxiJazz
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks Zimp...as usual...you strike again..!!! A wealth of information you are..!!!
Any other photos of rides using King Springs appreciated...(I take it since they only have one model for the Jazz, all the rides viewed so far use the same spring???)

Thank you

Zimp13
11-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks Zimp...as usual...you strike again..!!! A wealth of information you are..!!!
Any other photos of rides using King Springs appreciated...(I take it since they only have one model for the Jazz, all the rides viewed so far use the same spring???)

Thank you

nah.. u can get many brands out..... but for king spring, yeah only 1 type... king spring doesnt lower the car by too much so as the oem damper will last as long as possible with enough travelling left in them....

MaxiJazz
11-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks Zimp......In comparison then ....Spoon Vs. King Spring coils,...which would be the obvious choice?

Jazzle
11-02-2006, 01:25 PM
and i would also like to ask.. are there any springs that lower the jazz by 50mm??? or 2 inches??

to maxijazz, how much r u looking to lower ur car? coz ithink spoon progressive only lowers the car by 20mm (i might be wrong)

MaxiJazz
11-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Well my current ride are stock 15's and I was possibly thinking perhaps by approximately 35mm.......will this be possible u think.......and still OK to drive...???

Jazzle
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
i dont know bro, im also on stock 15'' and thinking of lowering... :)
but i think lowering 30mm or morewithout changing the shock is no good...
hey wat about eibach or h&R,, they got springs for jazz also lower 30mm

Jazzle
11-02-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.apexsuspension.com/gb/index.php?style=springs&page=springs_catalogue

apex springs lower car by 35mm...

MaxiJazz
11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Cool stuff......now where can I get these????? Im in Perth....so yknow how it is,.........

Thanks for the help;

Zimp13
11-02-2006, 03:22 PM
lowering the car by 30-35mm doesnt do much difference for the damper anyway... lower by 20mm is just a waste of money... everyone knows that by just changing lower spring isnt that healthy for the damper... question is now, since u know that, u gonna change to coilover? if not then u dun have any choices but to change the spring ror leave it stock... so whether good or not to oem damper is not the issue anymore since that cant b changed.....

lowering 30-35mm using 15" is ok for the car... difficulties in driving depending upon each individual driver... perhaps ok for others but may not b for urself... all i know is u gain something u lose something... key now is which one u think better and more suitable for u? as for improve in handling after changing aftermarket spring, answer is NO DOUBT. how much better? each individual rates it differently....

MaxiJazz
11-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Sorry Zimp...just having a bit of a problem trying to undertand your point here.....

Are you then suggesting that its probably a waste of time and money changing the coils if its only going to be lowered by 20mm?

And are u stating that its OK to change to the 30~35mm springs because they dnt have much of an effect on the stock damper and thus will not prematurely damage the car?

I would like coil overs, but as you know, this particular option cost a little MORE money.....

So...dyou know where I can find apex coils???

asiansquad
11-02-2006, 07:54 PM
i'm on 15"s with springs lowered by 30mm and my car's been fine...i've had these springs since last august

MaxiJazz
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
i'm on 15"s with springs lowered by 30mm and my car's been fine...i've had these springs since last august

And what springs exactly are you referring to AsianSqd???

Jazzle
11-02-2006, 10:50 PM
hey zimp.. i understand ur point.. and that's y im still looking at those springs that lowers by 30mm+ =).. so as u said choices left to me is which brand should i b looking at... which springs would u recommend (of coz from ur opinion) me?? something that has good quality and durable ??

asiansquad
12-02-2006, 12:36 AM
And what springs exactly are you referring to AsianSqd???

king springs

MaxiJazz
12-02-2006, 01:23 AM
king springs

Thanks mate....!

King Springs it is.........!

Now....does anyone have any for sale?????

MaxiJazz
12-02-2006, 01:26 AM
i cant understand how Spoon sussy kits are being sold for $1500 in Australia, when they sell for less than $500 (shipped) from overseas...??????

Whats the GO with Spoon kits...??? Does anyone have any views on these kits???

Zimp13
12-02-2006, 02:42 PM
i cant understand how Spoon sussy kits are being sold for $1500 in Australia, when they sell for less than $500 (shipped) from overseas...??????

Whats the GO with Spoon kits...??? Does anyone have any views on these kits???

where can u get spoon sussy kits for $500 even from overseas????

MaxiJazz
12-02-2006, 03:16 PM
price of Y29,300 from Japan.....

Check the link out for yourself....Its the official Spoon online shop......http://www.spoon.jp/jp/products/lineup_master.php?category=1

Item Code:51400-GDA-001 (same one JDM sports is selling)...

MaxiJazz
12-02-2006, 03:19 PM
oops, I beleive I was only looking at the springs....!!!

Doh..!!!!

Sorry guys....

Got a bit excited there.....

MaxiJazz
13-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Again guys...need your opinion......

Would you think $550 is a bit steep to pay for the supply, fitting, and wheel alignment of King springs????

Jazzle
13-02-2006, 10:42 AM
and does anyone know where i can get eibach and h&r springs??

is it necessary to get wheel alignment??

Zimp13
13-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Again guys...need your opinion......

Would you think $550 is a bit steep to pay for the supply, fitting, and wheel alignment of King springs????

normally wheel alignment costs $50... making it $500 for the spring installed... well, to me it is expensive... y not add $300 more for a used coilover???

when height of a vehicle is adjusted, wheel alignment must b done. however, when u only change to a bigger rims, wheel alignment need not b done cos the alignment is not out... only diameter of wheels are changed.....

MaxiJazz
13-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Is that $50/tire..??? So are u saying, generally..the coils cost $300 + $200 (i.e. 50x4) = $500....???? Is this what u mean....well, which means Im being charged about $50 more than usual????

What coilovers cost $850 fitted????

SATANOPERCA
13-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Firstly, do a search on what is available for lowering a Jazz, it has been well covered in the past.

Zimp3, supplied and fitted King springs to my Jazz. I am extremely happy with the outcome.

The question is what do you want to achieve with the car.

If you are going to take it down to the track, then buy coilovers. I estimate you will not see any change out of a $1000.

If you just want to lower the car then use king springs, fitted for around $350 and will give you a nice ride.

You will need to have the wheels realigned which costs between $50 - 140 total.

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend and what you want to achieve.

Benjamin

Zimp13
13-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Is that $50/tire..??? So are u saying, generally..the coils cost $300 + $200 (i.e. 50x4) = $500....???? Is this what u mean....well, which means Im being charged about $50 more than usual????

What coilovers cost $850 fitted????

hey maxijazz, u on too much man.... hahahah...... find me a place that charge wheel alignment $50 per tyre.... maybe honda dealer charges that much..... heheh

MaxiJazz
13-02-2006, 05:35 PM
SATAN:
Thanks for the rundown....certainly clears things up......Its amazing how matters like these makes a helluva lot more sense when explained in "proper grammar".

ZIMP:
As a matter of fact, I really find your clarifications very hard to understand, hence my constant line of questioning......

From your response, Im not too sure if ur inferring that $50 is too much, or too little.......

Forgive me if I may not know much about this excercise as I do admit to Im still on a rather steep learning curve. So I must stress that a well explained response is critical in this case, but nonetheless, your input is always appreciated......

asiansquad
13-02-2006, 05:39 PM
maxijazz: i think he meants getting charged $50 per wheel for wheel alignment is expensive and only Honda dealers would charge that much

i did a 4 wheel, wheel alignment for $40 at Bob Jane

MaxiJazz
13-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks AsianSqd for the clarification......

Zimp13
13-02-2006, 06:10 PM
SATAN:
Thanks for the rundown....certainly clears things up......Its amazing how matters like these makes a helluva lot more sense when explained in "proper grammar".

ZIMP:
As a matter of fact, I really find your clarifications very hard to understand, hence my constant line of questioning......

From your response, Im not too sure if ur inferring that $50 is too much, or too little.......

Forgive me if I may not know much about this excercise as I do admit to Im still on a rather steep learning curve. So I must stress that a well explained response is critical in this case, but nonetheless, your input is always appreciated......

hey maxijazz, u are forgiven... hahah... everyone is of different intellligence... hahahahhahah ...... next time i ll explain every single thing in details and in perfect grammer ok??? i ll have to get my dictionary and grammer book ready...... ;)

Zimp13
13-02-2006, 06:12 PM
maxijazz: i think he meants getting charged $50 per wheel for wheel alignment is expensive and only Honda dealers would charge that much

i did a 4 wheel, wheel alignment for $40 at Bob Jane

yes asiansquad well done.... perfect grammer and u dun find my explanation hard to understand.... hahahah.... :p

Jazzle
13-02-2006, 06:45 PM
man.. sent an email to eibach for quote,, eibach pro kit 530 bucks including gst + freight -__- ... that means i must either give up on that or find somewhere cheaper god damn it
hahaha

Jezzah
13-02-2006, 10:29 PM
the lowest u can ever get on a jazz is 1.5".
i tried getting 2, but they dont have it unless u send 1 of ur springs to their factory and they'll make you one.
i've got 1.5 and its pretty good.

MaxiJazz
14-02-2006, 08:15 AM
any pics Jezzah????

Zimp13
14-02-2006, 10:31 AM
1.5 inch = 3.8 cm....

SATANOPERCA
14-02-2006, 09:36 PM
After a exceptional dinner of seafood sourced from the finest ingridients from around Australia, coupled with fine rose wine from Yering station for Valintines day and you are still discussing the merits of lowering a car when all has been laid clear before in previous post I have to wonder what you would do without cars.

Benjamin

MaxiJazz
15-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Sounds like you had a splendid evening......I mean, yknow, ....its Valentines and stuff, and here you are reading Honda forums...????

I take it she/he probably wasnt "all that" interesting afterall huh...???

Awwwww.....how sweet of you......

Zimp13
15-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Sounds like you had a splendid evening......I mean, yknow, ....its Valentines and stuff, and here you are reading Honda forums...????

I take it she/he probably wasnt "all that" interesting afterall huh...???

Awwwww.....how sweet of you......

b nice maxijazz.... so now u know all u need to know... when u gonna get the spring installed???? :D

SATANOPERCA
15-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Dinner was with my partner and our baby boy at our local resturaunt, down stairs by the Yarra river. So before one assumes it is always wiser to know.

macric_03_01_04
16-02-2006, 08:49 AM
maxijazz do you no here i find a spoiler igual zimp 13???????????

MaxiJazz
16-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Dinner was with my partner and our baby boy at our local resturaunt, down stairs by the Yarra river. So before one assumes it is always wiser to know.

Lol.....I was just kidding Satan.....

I apologise if u took offence to my statement, so whatdya say, will a dozen red roses make up for it???? :D

Trust me, I live in Perth, so I do know what a quiet night out is like for sure....

MaxiJazz
16-02-2006, 11:10 AM
maxijazz do you no here i find a spoiler igual zimp 13???????????

OMG....here we go again..!!!!!

Asiansqd......could you please help to translate this one....????

MaxiJazz
16-02-2006, 11:12 AM
b nice maxijazz.... so now u know all u need to know... when u gonna get the spring installed???? :D

Zimp dude...Im going to do it soon....already ordered the springs....so hopefully I'll be pimpin my ride real soon.

I'll give u an update when it all happens....

Thanks for all the help.... :thumbsup:

asiansquad
16-02-2006, 01:33 PM
OMG....here we go again..!!!!!

Asiansqd......could you please help to translate this one....????

is that even english?

MaxiJazz
16-02-2006, 04:25 PM
is that even english?

LOL....this forum is hillarious....!!!!!!!!!

Jazzle
16-02-2006, 07:34 PM
hey maxijazz,, so did u go for the kings.?? u mind telling me the prices?? hey u dont have to tell me right now.. just wait til u get everything fitted and give us a review with pictures ;) if u dont mind.. haha

muli
20-02-2006, 09:19 AM
im getting price for some king springs this week for my car, ill let you know how i go

Jazzle
20-02-2006, 02:19 PM
thanx! does anyone know where i can get h&r springs??

Zimp13
21-02-2006, 09:42 PM
might as well get this from ebay rather than spring

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-05Jazz-Tein-Coil-Over-Completed-Suspension-Set_W0QQitemZ4614178527QQcategoryZ102337QQtcZpho

KingRichard
22-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Agree with Zimp those Tien Coils look pimp!!

However if you would like comfort and nice low ride then go with Tanabe NF Coils. Those are the top of the line coils and it will make your ride smooth like a new born hamster. In my case it no bump anymore, instead my hamster ride like all those euro Wagon :D

Jazzle
26-02-2006, 10:30 PM
just wondering,
kings doesn't produce super lows for jazz,
eibach doens't produce sportline for it
h&r doesn't produce race for it...

do u guys think companies aren't gonna release the more hardcore range springs for the jazz or maybe in the future?? im still making the decision of wat to get and this question came up as i need to think about how long will I be using the springs for... wat's ur opinion??

Zimp13
26-02-2006, 11:36 PM
just wondering,

do u guys think companies aren't gonna release the more hardcore range springs for the jazz or maybe in the future?? im still making the decision of wat to get and this question came up as i need to think about how long will I be using the springs for... wat's ur opinion??

hardcore? u mean lower? some company make super low spring for jazz....

Jazzle
27-02-2006, 09:00 AM
yeah lower and sportier... race, sportline are meant for track use and imcompatible with stock shock.. so i was thinking y they dont release that range for the jazz

KingRichard
27-02-2006, 11:30 AM
just wondering,

Just like my previous comment... Go with coil over, this way you can adjust your height easily. Tanabe NF in my opinion are the best so far. It can goes as low as you need but it can also as comfortable as you want.

Change the springs will not make them lower, but coil over will...

Zimp13
27-02-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah lower and sportier... race, sportline are meant for track use and imcompatible with stock shock.. so i was thinking y they dont release that range for the jazz

wats the point of making a race spring while the oem shock cant handle it???? oem shock is not race or performance quality shock... u have to understand that... so are the oem shock for most cars.... spoon uses their spring for track... thats one of them.... but spoon definitely doesnt use the oem shock to go with their spring

Jazzle
27-02-2006, 02:06 PM
LOL calm down zimp... did i say i want to put race spring with stock shock?? I am just WONDERING if they will release race springs for the jazz to go with race shock.. that's all..

reason y i ask that is if they will.. then i will probably change the springs later along with shocks... haha dont get frustrated my friend

08ESE
05-07-2006, 07:04 AM
i ll have to get my dictionary and grammer book ready...... ;)

Might want to read it dude :p

GRAMMAR is what ya need hehehe

Zimp13
08-07-2006, 12:56 AM
LOL calm down zimp... did i say i want to put race spring with stock shock?? I am just WONDERING if they will release race springs for the jazz to go with race shock.. that's all..

reason y i ask that is if they will.. then i will probably change the springs later along with shocks... haha dont get frustrated my friend

me cool... not frustrated at all.... :thumbsup: