PDA

View Full Version : Ek Head Lights...

Menzy
10-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Im just wondring ... my headlights, right hand side is lower than the left hand side ... how can i adjust them so they are both the same level ??

Thank you... btw ive mucked around the headlights, but cant seem to get it going, i wish i had my camera already so i can take a photo to show you what i mean ... but yea... peace !

barefootbonzai
10-02-2006, 03:47 PM
as in how the lights sit or the direction the light is pointing.

Menzy
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
how high its points ... its like this ...

_ - thats how it is ...

SiReal
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
well if ur headlights are stock and untouched, the right one should point lower than the left one, this is to not blind the opposing driver. all hondas i have driven and most cars, if not all, have this human friendly feature

Menzy
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
ROFL at human friendly feature :D hehehe ... so no way around it ?

STTICH
10-02-2006, 04:36 PM
yes it is normal to have the right lower than the left. if u wish to adjust the level, reach behind the headlights, there should be a 10mm bolt u can screw on, clockwise and anti-clockwise. not sure if the lights from ek is adjustable, for a jazz it is.

hope tat helps :)

Menzy
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
thanks for that STTICH ill have a muck with it today... hehehe :p

Paul1985
10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
you are meant to park near a wall, not sure the distance. But you can set them up properly that way, most mechanics workshops can set them up perfectly for you, expecially mechanics who do roadworthys as this is required.

Someone like ECU-MAN could probably explain it to you perfectly. You more than likely could do it against your garage door. You just need to know how to do it and how far away from it you park.

Menzy
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
yea thats how i have noticed ... while it was parked infront of the garage door and noticed it wasnt balanced ... i know its no bigdeal or is it ... but i just like everything to be nice and neat :) thanks again paul once more :p

Menzy
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
oh in the mean time ill wait for ECU-MAN :D ahhh where is he ...

barefootbonzai
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
it's easy mate, just get screw driver and there should be an angled bit where you can adjust the height to your hearts content. And yep facing a wall is the "professional" technique. ;)

Paul1985
10-02-2006, 06:24 PM
it's easy mate, just get screw driver and there should be an angled bit where you can adjust the height to your hearts content. And yep facing a wall is the "professional" technique. ;)
lol. Yeah, you most likely could do it without a need for a certain distance etc.

I know in workshops they use a certain distance and align it to perfection :p
I think there's also a line on the wall to set the height too.

I think you could just set it yourself through trial and error, use the garage door to set them at a desired height and then if its no good after driving in darkness.. try it again until its good.

. If i was DIY id prob park about 1 - 2 carlengths away to do it. But thats just me.

xcwizit
11-02-2006, 09:27 PM
haha my mate owns a skyline r33 gts-t & the other day he bought BJ union off sum guy who owns a silver ACCORD who also goes to this forums but i forgot his name..

Anyway, my mate was wondering how come the right hand side head-lite also is lower than the left. I said my car is the same (Civic 96 VTi) & my dads Telstar. I said maybe it could mean that since we (drivers) aint sitting on the left side of the car & are driving on the right side, this is why the left side lite goes out further. THis thread proves everything else right!

As "SiReal" mentioned.. "the right one should point lower than the left one, this is to not blind the opposing driver... all hondas i have driven and most cars, if not all, have this human friendly feature"
i think all cars are the same..!!

Good stuff!!

|N|
11-02-2006, 09:30 PM
aiya menzy ... if u working tmr... i ll adjust for u tmr after wrok... takes 5min....

Menzy
12-02-2006, 02:50 PM
... yea nick ^^ say monday if your working .. im at home now :) ... would appreciate it :p thanks

|N|
12-02-2006, 03:18 PM
... yea nick ^^ say monday if your working .. im at home now :) ... would appreciate it :p thanks

yea monday is cool... just bring a few screw driver...

Tu88y
12-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Nick you want to adjust mine for me tooo
hehehe

|N|
12-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Nick you want to adjust mine for me tooo
hehehe

yea.. takes me 10 sec to show u how to do it..then u can play around and adjust it urself....