PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Workshops in South East QLD?

Mr.P
10-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Wondering if anyone knows a quality workshop in the Gold Coast/Brisbane region who doesn't rip you off like GCCS -_-... But who still are able to get top quality items like Alpine, Audison, Dynaudio etc. (ability to trade in is a plus!)

Fhrx
10-02-2006, 05:18 PM
I believe its a fair distance from you, but I've always been a fan of Brian at Northfield Moorooka.

http://www.northfieldmoorooka.com.au/

:D

Mr.P
10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
rofl, i've never heard of Moorooka!!!

I'll check it out, thanks!

Mr.P
10-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Fhrx, what's your impression on the Focal Utopia Be? and how much a set of 6" fronts would set you back?

vividjazz
10-02-2006, 08:05 PM
About $3,800 for the 6"s. Why not just go Rainbow reference series?

SPL77Civic
10-02-2006, 08:28 PM
What GCCS you go to?

You havent heard of Northfield Moorooka???????? get down there and chat with Drew, Brian and the guys, they only sell top end gear, dont think they trade though.

Mr.P
10-02-2006, 10:59 PM
there's a GCCS 1min drive from my parents place near surface (Ashmore Road to be exact)

All of my friends go there for the quality of products and installation... but it's so expenssive there, asking crazy prices (e.g. a $90 dash kit they quote for $600 -_-) Biggest salesmen... You have to know your stuff well and spend heaps of time negotiating/bargaining to get things right...

personally, not a fan of that kind of business... can't trust those blokes coz once they think you're a potential gold mine, they rip the crap out of you...

Never been up in brizzy for car audio tho, simple reason being it's a long way away and most of the time, installation requires the car to be in the workshop for a day or two. Bit of a hassle.

Mr.P
10-02-2006, 11:09 PM
About $3,800 for the 6"s. Why not just go Rainbow reference series?

Gee... are they that dear rofl

I was thinking of something in the range of $1200 tops including installation and wiring, front splits 6" driver and a tweeter (100W rms around about) with an amp which drives it comfortably.

You see, I have a set of Nakamichi 120WRMS fronts and a 4/3/2 Blaupunkt amp capable of running it, just... Also have a Alpine Vpower amp sitting on my bedroom floor... Since I just bought a euro, considering trading all of these in for a new amp and fronts...

But if $1200 and trade in won't cut it... my other options are
1). Just spend $1200 on new fronts and keep the Blaupunkt
2). Put the Nakamichi and Blaupunkt in

I will be very glad to hear some of you guru's recommendations ^^

P.S. Quality of sound is of utmost importance, not into blowing ear drums inside out inside of the car

vividjazz
11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Theres a good variety of 6" splits around the $1,000 mark to choose from. Just a matter of listening to as many as possible to decide what you personally like the sound of. Budget for a bit of soundproofing for the front doors as well as decent wire.

wynode
11-02-2006, 06:42 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=23&announcementid=12