PDA

View Full Version : Honda Integra VTI-R 1997

breeza86
10-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Hi Guys

I Currently own a 1988 Honda Accord, Im currently looking into purchasing an integra. Ive got a spending limit so Type R is out of the picture.

However I am considering GSI and V-TIR (Preferably) I would just like someone to fill me in on what i should be looking for in the cars i look at??

I also have done alot of research on the GSI vs VTI-R and i cant seem to find many differences besides the VTI-R being a VTEC? is there any other differences that i should be aware of?? The prices for around the 95-97 year range are very similar whether you are looking at the GSI or the VTIR.

Also i would like to know what the difference in power (drive wise) is between the 2 models with only the 25kw difference.

Appreciate any help

BREEZA :)

[ricer]
10-02-2006, 11:25 PM
just buy the vtir
would be easier to sell later on

HondaLva
11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
If you are ever considering modifying the the VTI-R would be a much much better choice...dont get me wrong the non-vtec motors are awesome but there are more gains pwr wise with the VTi-R......with just a little be of research and some money spent in the right places and u could have a VTi-R that beats a standard Type R :)

Good Luck Mate!!

dc4t
11-02-2006, 12:43 AM
go with vti-r trust me.. i drive a gsi and kick myself sometimes.. but then again the gsi does hold its own power wise and it is cheaper and cheaper on insurance but re-sale value is bad

TRU32U
11-02-2006, 02:46 AM
ok well when i compared mine to others heres the difference...
btw mines a 93 model vtir comparing with a 98gsi
i got a sun roof
my tail lights are yellow as opposed to the newer gsi has clear indicators
96 onwards gsi came out with immobiliser
thats it really
oh and i have a rear spoiler i know the earlier gsi dont. well its an option.

yourfather
11-02-2006, 02:49 AM
vti-r had different seats
has standard sunroof
standard spoiler
standard alloy wheels
colour coded side thingys free.
different gearbox
25% more power
only came in manual

thats all I can think of.

I got one and I love it.
<3

00dc2
11-02-2006, 02:58 AM
if your a performance enthusiast then get the vtir.. VTEC makes a huge difference!

breeza86
11-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks Guyz!!

You's have all been a big help when it came to my decision....VTIR all the way!

Im not an performance enthusiast however i do like my cars and i little more power never hurt anyone did it?

Looking at 3 VTIR's tomorrow hopefully 1 of them will suit me!

What do u think of price: 13,500 1997 VTIR 135,000 k's

locote
11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
average K's is 20,000 a year so devide the amount of K's a car has by the age of it?
and youl get average of the K's its been driven.

Mate i got a GSI too and yes the gsi does lack that little bit.
and unless you prepared to change a lot of things on your gsi then u might aswell get the vtir.

that mentioned there are alot of things you can do to a b18b to make it as powerfull or more powerfull than a b18c all comes down to your buget.

but if your just doing the basic I/H/E mods the vtir will come out on top.

i ve done to my gsi and best times at drags is 15.2 were as a vtir with same mods would be doin high 14s. with at least 2 to 3 kph term speed more.

So unless ur thinking of opening up your motor and changing cams, ect.
raising comp, PnP.
then get a vtec

south
11-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey breeza86,

I own the GSi and can say that its a great car! But if i could turn back time, i would have bought the VtiR! And i would have bought it for the extra power!

In regards to this topic, i am getting serious DeJavu! If you want a definative list of the differences between the GSi and the VTiR, its best to search and have a read though the other members who have been through the exact same situation that your going through right now. And have a read of the ***INTEGRA FAQ*** (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699) particulary this thread: GSi vs VTiR (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4247)

Good luck, and regardless of whether you get a GSi or a VTiR, your still getting an integra!!!

breeza86
11-02-2006, 03:58 PM
:honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda:

Thanks again everyone this has all been very helpful.

I think ive definetly been convinced that VTIR is the way i should go. With the so little difference in price why not?!?

Obviously going to be much better value for my money!

Also could someone plz tell me about the iterior inside a VTIR? ive read in places that they have sports bucket seats is this true?

breeza :)

HondaLva
11-02-2006, 04:12 PM
haha i wish mate...there like half buckets....really comfy though......oh the interior on the Vti-R are awesome black black and more black.......really simple!! Simply awesome interiors for the age of the car ;)

Unfortunatly Dual Airbags are standard in the VTi-R so u get a really cool looking chunky steering wheel!

HondaLva
11-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Here my interior.....absolutly stock.....except for a B&M Shift Kit and Razo Gear knob!!!!

http://images4.pictiger.com/thumbs/00/a0f1d8adc6526e69edc96ea01ffbb100.th.jpg (http://server4.pictiger.com/img/11368/picture-hosting/dsc-00051.php)

wynode
11-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey breeza86,

I own the GSi and can say that its a great car! But if i could turn back time, i would have bought the VtiR! And i would have bought it for the extra power!

In regards to this topic, i am getting serious DeJavu! If you want a definative list of the differences between the GSi and the VTiR, its best to search and have a read though the other members who have been through the exact same situation that your going through right now. And have a read of the ***INTEGRA FAQ*** (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699) particulary this thread: GSi vs VTiR (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4247)

Good luck, and regardless of whether you get a GSi or a VTiR, your still getting an integra!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: