PDA

View Full Version : can vtec be installed in a 05 civic?

krogoth
11-02-2006, 06:17 PM
im lookin to get a little more grunt in ma civic, just tryin to figure out a few ways of doin that:

Can the 05 civic have acomodate vtec and if it can how much will it cost?

Wynode edit: Edited title so you don't get flamed!

kenshin
11-02-2006, 06:30 PM
lol...

|N|
11-02-2006, 06:35 PM
lol..............

do u know wat vtec stands for wat is does and how it works?

VT3C
11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
well... there's a possibiility you could do a mini-me head swap from a Vi with the same D17 block.. but that wont net much power really.

only option for "V-TEC" ;) is to do a k20 engien swap from an 05 (or newer) DC5 or EURO. you'd need HASPORT motor mounts and no guarantee that they'd actually fit your AUS-spec chassis. this swap is looking at over $10k though.

if you want some more poke for less cash, look into a Low Pressure Turbo Kit (like GReddy) or even a JAckson Racing Supercharger.

wynode
11-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Might want to know what VTEC is and how to spell it before you want to put it in your car :)

wil
11-02-2006, 07:45 PM
still even for the turbo kit.. your looking around 5k+ for off the shelf kit.... :S unless you know how to build it and install it your self... i've got a quote from AVO before, for my 03 civic gli.... a turbo kit plus install was 6.5k :S

VT3C
11-02-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah but 6.5K sure as hell aint anything like $10k !!

roar
12-02-2006, 02:14 AM
im lookin to get a little more grunt in ma civic, just tryin to figure out a few ways of doin that:

Can the 05 civic have acomodate vtec and if it can how much will it cost?

no...

skim924
12-02-2006, 02:15 AM
engine swap?

tinkerbell
12-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Nawzzzzz!

panda[cRx]
12-02-2006, 10:30 AM
VTECH iz t3h $h1zNiT!!

too late bwahahahah

but seriously there is NOTHING you can do to an 05 civic other than swap it for a k20/k24 or boost it. either way your are looking at THOUSANDS of dollars

OR..... seeing as you have an 05, have you thought about trading it in for the '06 civic sport? (k20z and should be on showroom floors in a couple weeks)
not only is the swap already done it is an all round better car!

krogoth
12-02-2006, 07:30 PM
lol, so everyone knows that i want VTEC, (is that ***n better?)

now that u all know how much i know about Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control,(stands FOR VTEC), ive realised that its not a realisic option

NOTE that out of the 120+ people that have read ma thread, only about 16 people replied, and only 6 or 7 of those that replied wrote something other than bullshit

That means that there are 6 or 7 people who know wat theyre talkin about out of the 16 that replied and over a 100 people who also have no idea about wat the **** VTEC is, so me askin the question i did has been some use.....

simbadda54
12-02-2006, 07:36 PM
im sure most knew but didnt bother typing

krogoth
12-02-2006, 07:43 PM
im sure most knew but didnt bother typing

ha, if everyone is so all knowing, wats the point of a forum?

A forum is there for people to ask others wat they dont know, some people dont know how to tune somethin, some people dont know if they have abs or not, some people want to get opinions about something

i bought a car with no VTEC, so y the **** should i know wat VTEC is. i hardly looked at hondas before i got one, i didnt know wat VTEC was and i asked, is that wrong?

Sorry if i insulted all u pros

Felix
12-02-2006, 07:43 PM
lol, so everyone knows that i want VTEC, (is that ***n better?)

now that u all know how much i know about Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control,(stands FOR VTEC), ive realised that its not a realisic option

NOTE that out of the 120+ people that have read ma thread, only about 16 people replied, and only 6 or 7 of those that replied wrote something other than bullshit

That means that there are 6 or 7 people who know wat theyre talkin about out of the 16 that replied and over a 100 people who also have no idea about wat the **** VTEC is, so me askin the question i did has been some use.....

Umm buddy, maybe some people like myself read the thread and think "what a stupid thread" and ignore it or they see "that the question asked by the poster has allready been answered" and then ignore it.
In other words not everyone who reads your thread is going to reply to it, just because they know the answer....
I'd think that about 99% of the people on this forum know what vtec is.

A

Felix
12-02-2006, 07:47 PM
i didnt know wat VTEC was and i asked, is that wrong?

Sorry if i insulted all u pros

Dude read your first post. You didnt ask what vtec was. You asked could vtec be installed in your 05 Civic...

This was answered with a reply - "only with an engine swap"

krogoth
12-02-2006, 07:53 PM
thanx for the replies.......

panda[cRx]
12-02-2006, 08:01 PM
']
OR..... seeing as you have an 05, have you thought about trading it in for the '06 civic sport? (k20z and should be on showroom floors in a couple weeks)
not only is the swap already done it is an all round better car!

:wave:

wynode
12-02-2006, 08:55 PM
krogoth, you seem quite new to Hondas and VTEC. So may I suggest you read around a bit to learn what VTEC is and how to spell it. Anyways the recommendations have been made so please do some reading first.