PDA

View Full Version : Help for Mugen bodykits!~

Debi
11-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi~my name is dav~i owned a black euro~ i just like to ask some question about the Mugen bodykit~ i had 18" wheel plus i also put a kingspring to my car~ under the law, i need to leave 10cm off the ground of my car, just wan to know if anyone knows how depth is the front bumber of Mugen bodykit is (See the attachment)?

thanks~

Debi
11-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Sorry guys, somehow the attachment is not able to post here~anyway, i just like to know whats the size of the front bumper~i want to buy the bodykit from "carmate" and it is call "MG style full kit"

links: http://www.carmate.com/product_details.php?productid=HDACCE02MGFK&p_id=2270

blitz_euro
12-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Hi Debi,

I just got my Euro back from getting the Mugen kit, my Euro has 18's, Kings Springs and now the Mugen Kit. The clearence is 13.5cm i took this measurment directly in the centre of the Front bumper. I have attached links to some pictures. Sorry for the quality i only had my mobile phone with me at the time.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jasper.o/P0211_155535.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jasper.o/P0211_155547.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jasper.o/P0212_081658.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jasper.o/P0212_081718.jpg

stephen8512
12-02-2006, 10:46 AM
heyy!
blitz euro! nice kit man!
thought u should have asked fro them to blacken the mesh

blitz_euro
12-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi stephen8512,

Thanks, Mugen kit all the way.....hahaha. Yeah i was thinking of painting the mesh in black, but then, the paint will fade crack away so i just said to leave it. It didnt turn out too bad as my car is not a dark colour, i actually like it.

Now thinking weather to put the Mugen badge or just get the Euro R badge put in the front grille as it looks very empty there.

BusterSonic12
12-02-2006, 10:53 AM
nice kit~!! if i get the mugen kit, would it fit with the fog light, cos i m thinking about getting it too.

stephen8512
12-02-2006, 10:56 AM
blitz, u shoulda told them to get black mesh. heheh

get the mugen badge plz dont get euro R badge lol

blitz_euro
12-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Raymond at carquest only had the aliuminum coloured one. Its all good not too fussed. I have the Mugen badge sitting in centre console.

Why not the euro R badge, it looks kool

BiLL|z0r
12-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Nice kit. I think the silver mesh looks good, matches the wheels. I'd go the mugen badge.

Debi
12-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi Blitz~thanks for your reply~just like to ask you, if the Mugen kit u got is made by fibreglass? just heard from my friend that because this is a replica kit, by looking at the side of the side skirt, it would be not as smooth right? i am thinking of getting the kits from the 'Carmate' they are selling for just over $1000 (without rear wing). I live in brisbane, i already had check with the price for spraying and fitting in here. The dealer told me for the total price of the kit is about $2000 including the kit, delivery fee, spraying and fitting. do you think this price is alright?

Thanks

stephen8512
12-02-2006, 05:33 PM
mugen kit is made from fibreglass
just be careful with carmate kits cuz theyre dodgy
total price of 2K for the kit + delivery + labour is pretty good
just make sure u dont skimp on the labour/quality bit cuz a lot of work will have to be done to the kit to make it fit and look flush.
just make sure u find urself a reputable panelbeater that have lots of exp in bodykit installs
good luck and post pics

Debi
12-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks for ur reply~ just wondering which bodykit shop do you recommend for the Mugen kit~ becos i don;t want to spend that much money and get a doggey kit~if u know anyone, please give me their website or their contact details~ that would helps me a lot~

thanks

stephen8512
12-02-2006, 08:22 PM
for the mugen kit, i got mine from http://www.carquest.com.au/
CARQUEST in perth. Ask for Raymond. He'll sort you out. very nice guy and top bloke.
i got my kit (front, side rear + wing) incl. shipping for 1550. shipping cost me 200. wing is 150 and of course is optional.
im not sure where in brizzy a good bodyshop is to paint and do the labour, but im sure theres a place where the majority of pple recommend. just a reputable one that knows what theyre doing should be ok.
fitment wont be exact as its replica which is why u need a very good panelbeater to make it fit flush

Debi
12-02-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks for ur reply stephen~

regarding to the price, i asked raymond before, the price he gave me is $1200.00 (front bumper, side skirt, rear lip). Freight to Brisbane is about $280.00. This would cost me with extra $200 if i just buy from Carmate~ but i am also considered of what you said before about carmate that they made a doggey kit~if $200 makes the quality better, than i will choose carquest. is ur side skirt looks smooth by looking on the side?

thanks~

PNR888
12-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Debi: Hello, didn't see you post much in the past.
In Brisbane, for paint job, penal or body work. See Nick at Exclusive Auto Centre in Newstead. (26 Chester St. Newstead, 38522539) The boys there never dissappoint me.

They are authorised smash repairer for exotic European cars eg Ferrari, Maserati etc.

I will send you a PM shortly. so make sure you check it.

Debi
12-02-2006, 09:02 PM
thanks for telling me about the shop in briz~ i had check the OZHONDA website long time ago~but i never post a message~ because currently i am bored with the look of my car, i like to do something about it. I tried to post a picture of my car, but it keeps saying that my photo is too big, like the picture is over 100 pixel or something >.<

i never seen a mugen kit in briz before, thats why i like to put my as the first car in briz~ u said the Exclusive Auto Centre in Newstead, do u know the rough cost that they would charge me for paint and fit? if i get the kit from raymond, it would cost me $1480 including freight. My budget is about $2.2k.

thanks~

PNR888
12-02-2006, 09:33 PM
thanks for telling me about the shop in briz~ i had check the OZHONDA website long time ago~but i never post a message~ because currently i am bored with the look of my car, i like to do something about it. I tried to post a picture of my car, but it keeps saying that my photo is too big, like the picture is over 100 pixel or something >.<

i never seen a mugen kit in briz before, thats why i like to put my as the first car in briz~ u said the Exclusive Auto Centre in Newstead, do u know the rough cost that they would charge me for paint and fit? if i get the kit from raymond, it would cost me $1480 including freight. My budget is about $2.2k.

thanks~
Hi Dave,

I have no idea about the cost of painting and fit of body kits cost..I know his hourly rate is not the cheapest around. In fact, can be quite expansive, but you get good quality finish. All my friends with BMW or M BENZ have their body kits painted there. Your best bet will be give Nick or his colleague a call, and ask for a quote, then decide where you want to have yours done..
So $2200-$1480 = $720.. Maybe if you are sweet talker and pay cash, he might do it for you.. but as I said, I wouldn't have a crue how much he will charge you for the job.. maybe well less than $720 ??

blitz_euro
13-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi Debi sorry for the late post,

The kit i bought it from raymond @ carquest in Perth, i live in Perth so i was able to pick it up. The kit is fibreglass.

I spent the extra money to get it fitted and painted properly from Hung @ Prestige Motor he has done a very nice job and the whole kit is smooth no lines or lumps on it. I can vouch for both Raymond at carquest and for people in Perth Hung for you painting jobs.

I Will take some quality photos hopefully today or tommorow and post them up.

BusterSonic12
13-02-2006, 02:59 PM
you guys know any places in Sydney for doing paint job, penal or body work? a reputable one that knows what theyre doing. ;) because i m also thinking about getting a mugen kit from car quest too :D :thumbsup:

PERTH_EURO
13-02-2006, 05:57 PM

Spotted you yesterday :thumbsup:

TypeG
13-02-2006, 06:46 PM
carmate suck
never deal with them again after you deal with them ONCE

ngupil
13-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Debi,

I just got my Euro back from getting the Mugen kit, my Euro has 18's, Kings Springs and now the Mugen Kit. The clearence is 13.5cm i took this measurment directly in the centre of the Front bumper. I have attached links to some pictures. Sorry for the quality i only had my mobile phone with me at the time.

Correct me if i'm wrong. is the clearence should be measured from the lowest point of the car? which is not definitely the front bumper.

BusterSonic12
13-02-2006, 08:30 PM
know any good reputable bodyshop in SYDNEY??? which does bodykit fitting?

blitz_euro
13-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong. is the clearence should be measured from the lowest point of the car? which is not definitely the front bumper.

Well on my euro the front is the lowest point the sides are about 15cm the rear easy 20cm the front being 13.5cm

blitz_euro
13-02-2006, 10:41 PM
nice kit~!! if i get the mugen kit, would it fit with the fog light, cos i m thinking about getting it too.

No the fog lights dont fit thats why i couldnt get mine fitted back on. Hung tried modifying it before but it just wont fit.

Debi
14-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Hi Blitz~ is the Hung @ Prestige Motor are in Perth? Because i live in Brisbane, i want to make sure that i get a good quality finish kit to my car. how much did u spent extra to get it good?

thanks~

blitz_euro
16-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I took some photos last night but only 1 turned out okayish. But coz it was dark not that good but will be taking some during the day once the weather gets better. But i guess this sorta shows you how there is no ripples on the bodykit even though its fibreglass.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jasper.o/JaspersHonda+bodykit%20005_R.jpg

stephen8512
16-02-2006, 10:44 AM
that looks sick!!!!
esp a blue euro. and the lighting sets it off even more!!!!
well done man and welcome to the mugen club :D

blitz_euro
16-02-2006, 11:20 AM
stephen8512,

Thanks man, likewise yours is sick too especially with tha exhaust system now. Yours is still better than mine...hehehe.

I love my blue, i hope the only blue one in Perth with the Mugen kit...hehehe No one is allowed to copy me now...hahaha

Man does Perth have any Cruises for the Euro's? I'm dying for one i want to show my baby off.....hhehehe

Debi
16-02-2006, 08:40 PM
hey stephen~ur kit looks nice and smooth on the surface of the fibreglass~ i wish i had a same one as urs~ show me the photo in the daylight one if u got chance~

thanks~

Matell
16-02-2006, 08:50 PM
welcome to the mugen club :D

That should be FAKE mugen club. Don't forget that.

stephen8512
17-02-2006, 12:31 AM
That should be FAKE mugen club. Don't forget that.

your point being?

stephen8512
17-02-2006, 12:33 AM
debi thnx for ur compliments :D
the daylight pics should all be here

http://photobucket.com/albums/c154/stephen85122/?start=40

PNR888
17-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Stephen & Blitz: Your euro with Mugen full kits look very very nice..
Debi, you definitely need to put a set on your black euro, Brisbane need one like that too.

Matell
17-02-2006, 09:38 PM
your point being?

Point being every time you mention your kit you should be stating it's a replica. To state otherwise is plain wrong and deceptive and can lead to confusion with people new to modifying cars and visiting this forum as a point of reference.

As a result they may think you have a genuine kit (which is what you'd obviously like them to think) and follow your path/guidance and end up being rather disappointed unless it’s entirely clear that you enthusiasm, advice, guidance etc all relates to an inferior imitation of the genuine product.

I liken your excess use and reference to your "Mugen Kit", to someone who walks around in fake brand name clothing from south East Asian markets, reeking of cheap imitation cologne all to give others a false impression.

Caveat your every use of “Mugen kit” in relation to your car with “copy or replica Mugen kit” and you’ll be fine. Simply referring to it as a Mugen kit is a lie.

blitz_euro
17-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks PNR888 for your comments much appreciated.
Now when i drive around i get so much attention, all these S15, WRX, skyline owners just stare at your car. I once use to drive a turbo but the euro has not let me down at all.

And i agree with matell's comments, its not good to deceive our newcomers onto this forum or people wanting answers to their questions and will follow the terms "copy" or "replica".

stephen8512
18-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Point being every time you mention your kit you should be stating it's a replica. To state otherwise is plain wrong and deceptive and can lead to confusion with people new to modifying cars and visiting this forum as a point of reference.

As a result they may think you have a genuine kit (which is what you'd obviously like them to think) and follow your path/guidance and end up being rather disappointed unless it’s entirely clear that you enthusiasm, advice, guidance etc all relates to an inferior imitation of the genuine product.

I liken your excess use and reference to your "Mugen Kit", to someone who walks around in fake brand name clothing from south East Asian markets, reeking of cheap imitation cologne all to give others a false impression.

Caveat your every use of “Mugen kit” in relation to your car with “copy or replica Mugen kit” and you’ll be fine. Simply referring to it as a Mugen kit is a lie.

fair call. to me, its not my job to correct people or to tell them wat to think. sure if they ask me if its genuine then i'll tell them that it is a replica.

I was just tryin to help these guys out where they can get the mugen kit from. sorry. MUGEN REPLICA kit. its not like i was tryin to deceive anyone, as I dont consider myself to be that low or stupid.
And it seems to be if the newcomers were happy to pay 1500 or watever it cost for the replica, i think on some level, they KNEW that it was a replica that they were getting, and since they paid the money to buy it, it would mean that they were happy with it being a replica, not the genuine article.

if you are stating that me saying "Mugen kit" is deceiving as its a replica and not genuine, they why dont people just say "genuine rays volks" or something along those lines? if one person ALWAYS has to state that watever it is that they have is a replica, then why dont people say that watever genuine thing they have as "genuine" watever?

I dont see any difference personally. It mustve annoyed or bugged you that much to actually make a comment about it now cuz no ones ever had a problem with me saying that before. I mean, sure there are pple that walk around sporting fake clothes and wearing cheap cologne but doesnt bother me at all.

-h2n-
18-02-2006, 04:12 AM
matell mate... geez louise dude... keep ya panties on!!

now can we PLEASE get back to the fake crappy replica mugen kits??

me_kevinly
18-02-2006, 06:35 AM
LOL
i guess althought its a good job,
ppl still dunno really wanna mention the word fake etc ..
but chill out guys, no need for the drama

albii
18-02-2006, 08:48 AM
i can agree with matells comments.
if you actually look at the fit and finish of imitation bodykits in person you can actually tell they are not the genuine article anyway.
i don't like the mugen kit at all cos i think it ruins the euros classy looks ,i would much prefer the euro r kit imo.
but in saying that i can appreciate the time and money that stephan has put into his car.

blitz_euro
18-02-2006, 10:12 AM
i can agree with matells comments.
if you actually look at the fit and finish of imitation bodykits in person you can actually tell they are not the genuine article anyway.

I can say the finish of the replica mugen kit is pretty much perfect as i have this kit on my euro now. It needs a good panel beater to do the finish basically, so its worth paying the extra $$$'s.

i don't like the mugen kit at all cos i think it ruins the euros classy looks ,i would much prefer the euro r kit imo.
but in saying that i can appreciate the time and money that stephan has put into his car.

Everyone has there own opinions on the kits they prefer.

BusterSonic12
20-05-2006, 08:16 AM
do they have replica version of 2006 Mugen Kit yet?? i m really looking forward to get one, can someone tell me :p

Ferrarista
20-05-2006, 12:16 PM
If anyone knows these manufacturers can someone please convince them to MAKE A FRIGGEN EURO R KIT!

kthnxbi

Peekay34
20-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I just had the new 2006 wing delivered it will be painted and fitted this week...genuine Mugen

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/accord/parts/parts8.html

aDe
20-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Sorry it's bit off topic but where can i get Mugen kits for Wide body accord? since all of you own euro's :P

BusterSonic12
21-05-2006, 12:04 PM
I just had the new 2006 wing delivered it will be painted and fitted this week...genuine Mugen

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/accord/parts/parts8.html

how much was did it cost?? you know if they have replica mugen 06 kit yet?? :p cheers.... ~!!

aDe
21-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Peekay34
I don't understand the web :( It's in Japanese, the online shop you can't translate it using google. How did you manage to get in contact with them? do you have email ? or can you actually speak Japanese? :P

Cheers

Peekay34
22-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I did it through Revzone in Melbourne www.revzone.com.au. They have contacts in Japan. No I don't know if they have a replica. I bought genuine ...I don't think Mugen would sell a replica of their own kit.... Also shipping from Japan is a killer as the box was to big to go via EMS Air. Use http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to translate the language.

BusterSonic12
22-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't think Mugen would sell a replica of their own kit....

i meant not from mugen, but is there places with replica version of mugen 06 kit? anyone about it??

yfin
23-05-2006, 02:09 AM
i meant not from mugen, but is there places with replica version of mugen 06 kit? anyone about it??

Have you spoken to the people who deal in the 03-05 kits - eg carquest?

Pick up the phone and make some calls if you really want this. It is still only May 2006 so you might have to be patient if you want replica.

BusterSonic12
23-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Have you spoken to the people who deal in the 03-05 kits - eg carquest?

Pick up the phone and make some calls if you really want this. It is still only May 2006 so you might have to be patient if you want replica.

yaya i ll go look for their number now :p any other places that's well known?