PDA

View Full Version : Heat Problem In Jazz

kimo
12-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Have seen someone was complaing about heat problem in his Jazz, and I think that the problem is Jazz has small raditator and only one fan, and because of it's small engine bay. I drive a City and found out it has bigger radiator along with the front grill and both fans work not only one like the Jazz.

08ESE
12-02-2006, 08:49 AM
jazz's radiator isnt THAT small? must be a problem with his thermostat or waterpump?

both fans work ONLY when the air cond is on, as is the situation in 90% of cars.

vividjazz
12-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Jazz sold in Australia doesn't have overheating problems stationary/idle or moving in 55C+ temperatures with the aircon running in central Australia. City/Jazz Aria not sold in Australia.

kimo
12-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I don't think Jazz raditator is like the City but it's like Civic. In my City both fans work because it's big, long radiator, so there is no sense in cooling only 1 part.

jazz's radiator isnt THAT small? must be a problem with his thermostat or waterpump?

both fans work ONLY when the air cond is on, as is the situation in 90% of cars.

Judge
12-02-2006, 12:34 PM
how can you tell the temp in a jazz though?

vividjazz
12-02-2006, 03:54 PM
how can you tell the temp in a jazz though?

I don't understand why it matters. If its overheating a red light comes on and you pull over and stop the car. If a gauge shows it is too hot you pull over and stop the car. If smoke is pouring out from under your bonnet you pull over and stop your car. Whats the difference?

Its just like seeing your battery voltage. If it says 12v or 14v what can you do about it when its outside your control and what benefit do you get from knowing its 14v rather than 12v under normal day to day driving circumstances. Sure you can make modifications like adding a cap, changing the battery, modify the alternator or adding a volt stabiliser but you can't and don't do these things while your driving as a consequence of some gauge.

kimo
12-02-2006, 08:59 PM
True but it can be still hot just before the red light.

QUOTE=vividjazz]I don't understand why it matters. If its overheating a red light comes on and you pull over and stop the car. If a gauge shows it is too hot you pull over and stop the car. If smoke is pouring out from under your bonnet you pull over and stop your car. Whats the difference?

Its just like seeing your battery voltage. If it says 12v or 14v what can you do about it when its outside your control and what benefit do you get from knowing its 14v rather than 12v under normal day to day driving circumstances. Sure you can make modifications like adding a cap, changing the battery, modify the alternator or adding a volt stabiliser but you can't and don't do these things while your driving as a consequence of some gauge.[/QUOTE]

Judge
12-02-2006, 09:14 PM
i think having a temp gauge is something that should be on the car... unless the red light comes on before the overheating point, not at the overheating point.

if you can see it creeping it up, you might pull over, stop, wait abit... if the red light comes on, maybe damage is already being done. if you pull over and there is steam coming out... thats too late.