PDA

View Full Version : help with engine start on da9

lebema43
12-02-2006, 07:29 PM
hi all i have a da9 integra and i went to start it after not touching it for 1 week and car wont start like all the electrical systems work and the car cranks but it will not fire. do u think it is a flat battery?

help help help i have no idea were to start

Jezda9
12-02-2006, 07:31 PM
If All Your electrical systems work then it won't be the battery

LO_N_SXC
12-02-2006, 08:36 PM
It's the MFR - Main Fuel Relay located right underneath the steering column with all of the other bunch of wirring and stuff, its a rectangular plastic box that is a pain to take out.

what you have to do is take it out and open it up, turn it to the side where it has all of the soldering marks, you will most likely notice some brown resedue around the soldered point, if so get a small wire brush and clean them till theres none of that brown stuff in sight.

plug the relay back in but without puting it back in its casing, you should hear a "Click" just as you let the fuel pump do its thing then start it, if you dont hear a "click"then take it back out and give it another clean and might also need you to add more solder to the points to make a better contact with the relays sircuits.

Good luck man.

Alex

TRU32U
13-02-2006, 01:58 AM
depends on how much electrical current you have...
when u say crank do you mean it sounds like its fully crankin like enuff power or does it go like crank then nothing:P
be more specific.

LO_N_SXC
13-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Much more especific information can be found HERE (http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55129) in regards to the MFR.

please note that you might have to become a member or log in to view the images on that page.

Alex

Redteg
13-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Fix your MFR by all means, since it is a common problem with all Hondas, but it may be that your battery drains over time, or that your starter is worn and it is requiring a fair bit of power to get it going. MFR issues would allow the car to run momentarily, but will not remain at idle at all.

Next time you go start it, leave your door open and look at your interior light. Does it dim considerably when you try cranking the car?

Same thing's happening to our Prelude. I just charge up the battery a bit every now and then and its fine.

You can also test for current draw with a multimeter and the engine off. If all this is fine then I'd look at the battery or starter.

lebema43
19-02-2006, 09:29 AM
hi all i am charging my battery 2day and i hope it is that like it cranks but it just keeps cranking and all the warnig lights go off on the dash to tell me all systems are good but then i crank it over and it doesnt start. i think its the battery becasue my friend left teh lights on at mcdonalds and then it started fince but also not driving the car for many weeks and putting stero systems in and out over 5 times cant help eather. so i will see how i go

SKREMN
19-02-2006, 12:00 PM
do you hear the replay click when the engine light goes off?

Banana
19-02-2006, 12:05 PM
yea..i had a similar problem..gave it 2 sum vietnamese guy..fixed up it..he said it was my fuel pump..cost me $90

lebema43
20-02-2006, 08:38 PM
alright i would like to sat thanks to all and a big apoligy

i was cheking verthing out 2day wen i put in my battery and i found out that my step dad had stolem my keys and disconed a few wires under the hood and i hadnt relized to i did my double chek ant thought it didnt work he even went to the effort to tape down teh other conecters to another set of wires so it looked like it was connceced to somthing else and yes i fixxed it and yes i yelled like there was no 2morow wen i relized wat he had done and also he has a brnad new bmw 740il should i disconect the battery for revenge if i do ti the whole electical system wont work wen he reconcets it because he need a code. once again verry verry sorry and thanks for all the help in the first place

LO_N_SXC
21-02-2006, 07:10 AM
Y DA F&%K did he do that for?

lebema43
21-02-2006, 05:03 PM
because he is d_cK HEaD And IS JUST A w_Nk_r

KLA80T
21-02-2006, 11:08 PM
hi, i drive an auto ls and i have problems with startuing the car as well every now and then. what i noticed is the "engine icon" and the "s4 icon" flashes everytime i tried to start it. but if i wait a bit longer say 15 to 20 minutes of trying, cranking and a bit of pause it starts by itself? i don't know what or where the problem is? please help me...thanks.

TRU32U
21-02-2006, 11:49 PM
what a FU*KER OF A STEP DAD!!!
no offence but dammn man that musta pissed the crap outta ya

LO_N_SXC
22-02-2006, 07:49 AM
because he is d_cK HEaD And IS JUST A w_Nk_r
Good enough for me! :)