PDA

View Full Version : mandrel bend or press bend

wil
13-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey guys,
I've got a 2003 civic.... just about to get an exhuast for it... thinking of 2.25" cat back with high flow cat, stainssteel and was thinking with the piping should i get mandrel bend or press bend? :S:confused:

BiLL|z0r
13-02-2006, 11:13 AM
For the extra cost of mendrel not really worth it on a n/a car (uness highly tuned) so I'd say press bent and use the rest of the money for a good CAI.

DomenEK
13-02-2006, 11:18 AM
My understanding is that press-bent is cheap, and mandrel bent is more expensive and gives better flow......

wil
13-02-2006, 11:22 AM
yep.... press is when the piping gets all bent... not a direct 2.25" flow right throught.... was thinking of t/c later on.... so im guessing the mandrel would be best....

Cartoon
13-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Mandrel bro, if u getting press i dont see the point in the high flow cat either.
the idea on an aftermarket exhaust is to flow better unless its for sound only and in which case jst save even more n jst get a muffler.

If you going with aftermarket piping do it properly and get it mandrel.
Will flow a million times better prob sound better and give u a small performance gain.

If your trying to cut cost i would go mandrel bent mild steel with high flow cat.

wil
13-02-2006, 11:50 AM
i know xforce has a bolt on madrel bend... was thinking of that or a custom :S

[stealth]
13-02-2006, 11:54 AM
mandrel mandrel mandrel....

need to hear it again? :p

STOCK
13-02-2006, 01:01 PM
mate.. if you want it to actually flow well go the mandrel route. If you just want some extra noise go the press

EuroAccord13
13-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Go here;

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39

It's OzHonda's very own knowledge base... Browse and you will/may find what you need my young one :D

wil
13-02-2006, 05:53 PM
LOL i know what they are... how am i young? LOL.... thinking now either a full xforce header, cat, piping and mufller... or xforce header, xforce cat, custom mandel piping and diff muffler.... shrug!

Andrew21
14-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Unless your going for every extra bit of performance you will not notice a difference between the two. Obviously Mandrel cost more... but its upto you.. If an exhaust is all you plan on doing to the car then mayb dont bother with mandrel. But if u plan on building a quick little car then mayb invest the money from the start.

BTW this is not just my personal oppinion but has been said by many reputable exhaust shops...

Its your call.........