PDA

View Full Version : Spoon Cailper on Euro from DC5R

TypeG
13-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I got an other questions guyz. I was wondering if a mono spoon cailper with adaptor for DC5 will fit in a EUro or not. I was told DC5 and AP1 can use the same adaptor and as well it will fit a CL7 but I am not sure if CL7 has the same setup as CL9. Anyone know anything about this?
Also IF it does fit, will a stock 16' fit as well?

Thanks in advance

baboo
14-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Spoon caliper will fit CL9 with AP1 adaptor.

you need 17" wheels at least.

TypeG
14-02-2006, 11:43 AM
thx for that
=)

kitbkk
21-02-2006, 01:54 AM
how about the JDM brembo calipers of the DC5??can they fit the euro??if it could,what is the modification??many thanks

spoondc2
21-02-2006, 02:24 AM
I think someone has done that on CL9 before and aus DC5R, CL9 and S2K share the same spoon caliper

But i've got another q's, how much brake power increase after changing to spoon caliper? Besides of lighter caliper and more precise braking? Any brake distance decrease? Since that the pad contacta areas are basically the same except the 1 piston pressing on 1 huge area and 2 big 2 small piston pressing on the same areas?

Sorry, don't know how to explain but hope somebody could understand what i am talking about

NeoNode
21-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Upgrades to the braking system doesn't improve in shortening braking distances, as long as the stock brakes are capable to lock up your wheels, then it's up to the tyres to do most of the stopping for you. A better braking setup will obviously help against brake fade, etc, thus be able to provide more consistent braking compared to stockers.

spoondc2
21-02-2006, 02:38 AM
Upgrades to the braking system doesn't improve in shortening braking distances, as long as the stock brakes are capable to lock up your wheels, then it's up to the tyres to do most of the stopping for you. A better braking setup will obviously help against brake fade, etc, thus be able to provide more consistent braking compared to stockers.

I see, so Spoon caliper are just giving you more precise braking? As long as the tyre provide enough grip? Cos i really don't see how could the Spoon caliper shorten the brake distance, maybe Endless, Project miu and AP caliper could do so since they are using bigger caliper, disc and pads.

NeoNode
21-02-2006, 02:41 AM
It also applies to having a bigger brake setup, it's really up to the tyres to stop the car for you.

TypeG
21-02-2006, 10:28 AM
spoon cailper is bigger than the stock and the touch area are larger as well since I cant fit the spoon cailper with my stock rims

Euro Ricko
21-02-2006, 04:35 PM

Thats overly simplistic and just not correct.

DBA noted a 5% decrease in stopping distance with just a rotor change http://www.dba.com.au/research/randd06.asp
and this is just with a single emergency stop.

Stock brakes will improve their performance dramatically as from cold to correct operating temperature, despite being able to lock the wheels when cold.

A simple pad change can make a dramatic change in stopping distance despite el cheapo pads being able to lock the wheels.

An R8 Clubsport Commodore with premium brakes will significantly outbrake a plain Clubsport Commodore with HSV's standard brakes despite being a heavier car.

Nearly every performance car out there is offered with an enhanced brake package as an option, why??