PDA

View Full Version : Over heating inside cabin

blusir2
13-02-2006, 11:23 PM
I start cooking in the car sometimes when the car is stuck in traffic or its been turned off after a drive and i jump back in after like 2 hours or so. It seems the heat is eminating from the gearbox? Does anyone else feel that their S2K gets really hot? 2000 model?
And yes opening the top does help but the heat is still there!!!

toE
13-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Turn on the A/C :D

But seriously, don't think I've noticed that.

.::F[L]Y::.
14-02-2006, 09:59 AM
yeh it tends to be a tad hot after parking it in the sun for a couple of hours...but thats probably due to the fact we have leather seats in the car and a soft top...which absorbs the heat.

blusir2
14-02-2006, 02:35 PM
nah dudes i mean for eg. i will drive to sumwhere that takes like 30mins. Get out of the car and do watever and come back in about 2 hrs and then drive it again. the gear knob is like warm!!!! there was no sun it was at night at about 8pm. i always notice the temp of the water and its on the 3rd bar?? is that wat u guys see. the 3rd bar not including the 1st little itsy bitsy one??
i just think that my car has problem with heat distribution coz its low. not enough air goes under the car to cool it.. but its random so i dunno.. obviously when i drive it at night its alright. it coold down quick...

toE
14-02-2006, 02:47 PM
I think you're being a little paranoid blusir2 :D

It is summer now. So even if it's 20 degrees, but sunny, it'll warm up the interior of any car. And that heat will transmit to any bits in the car, including the knob.

My 2c :)

I get 3 bars everyday on the temp gauge.

blusir2
14-02-2006, 03:03 PM
ok well at least the 3 bars thingy is ok... nah its just that even when i have the fan goin the air that comes out the vent is warm even though i have it on the most cool settin on the knob after i have driven it... no a/c though but the air is warm.. its a problem that i haved noticed after owning 3 honda's... heat is a major issue with these cars.. i remember in the EG6 when it was hot it would run like a sack of crap...same as the S2K.. at night like last night i was really really caining it thru eastern valley way in northbridge and it was smooth and power came on quick. when its hot and i take off the lights.. its like im driving a 200cc car..not 2000cc... zero torque... ok ok.. i am being annoying and whinging now.. sorry..thanx for ur help guys...was thinking of gettin a lower temp thermostat like my boss Adrian from TODA Racing advised in this forum. might be a good idea... if not i will just drop in a bigger radiator...

.::F[L]Y::.
14-02-2006, 03:17 PM
nah dudes i mean for eg. i will drive to sumwhere that takes like 30mins. Get out of the car and do watever and come back in about 2 hrs and then drive it again. the gear knob is like warm!!!! there was no sun it was at night at about 8pm. i always notice the temp of the water and its on the 3rd bar?? is that wat u guys see. the 3rd bar not including the 1st little itsy bitsy one??
i just think that my car has problem with heat distribution coz its low. not enough air goes under the car to cool it.. but its random so i dunno.. obviously when i drive it at night its alright. it coold down quick...

how low is your car??

mine is about 9cm off the ground :D as toe said i think ur getting paranoid :p

also noticed u said u worked down at toda?? been there a few times...who are you? il say hi next time im there.

blusir2
14-02-2006, 03:24 PM
yeh maybe i am a bit paranoid. just hate being hot obviously as u guys can tell.
i dun work there full time. I normally go and work there when my friends have their cars there so I can speed it up a bit or when I'm workin on my own car..
I worked there every weekend when Adiran first started the business as there wasnt anyone to help him. So we tuned the cars and did the builds. But i have a full time job outside of TODA. I like goin there to get back to basics and work with tools again and not lose my skills and keep up the knowledge, coz there are too many things i can learn from Adrian coz he is a guru at honda's as we all know..
My name is Jason and i am the only asian working there anywayz.. so u'll know me when im there... hahahaha