PDA

View Full Version : B16b Cr-x??

brucelee
14-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Hi everybody, I m seldomly put a new thread but this interesting concept has been around me for long. I hv driven few cars like peogeut 206 GTi, dc2r n of cox the JDM SiR CR-X (EF8). but now just 2 regret to sell it n wanna buy it back now coz that shit just 2 amazing with tons of fun on cornering, handling n accelerating. I can say the JDM stock SiR is a bit faster than the stock AUS dc2r. The conceptive project is the complete engine n gear box swap like puting the EK9 B16B engine instead of the B16A or normal AUS D series engine. but b4 that I hv to do some homework like how hard this project or how feasible it gonne be....something like where to get the engine mount?? is it straight put in?? and of cox time n $$$. I wanna get some more info see is it worth to start this project......So just feel free to post up up advice.......

SINISTR
14-02-2006, 02:09 AM
hey there,

We have a Delsol here in WA which runs a B16B stroked to a 1.8. Nice and quick :)
But being a B series chassis - the swap was quiet easy I imagine - just costly cos the halfcut was a bit.

ProECU
14-02-2006, 07:26 AM
isnt a stroked b16b in fact a B18c-VTI short block anyway?

brucelee
14-02-2006, 10:12 AM
So what about the ef model?? I know the engine mounts for AUS deliver model and JDM ef8 are different.....If I start the project with putting the B16B to the AUS CRX chassis, what engine mounts should I go for??
hey there,

We have a Delsol here in WA which runs a B16B stroked to a 1.8. Nice and quick :)
But being a B series chassis - the swap was quiet easy I imagine - just costly cos the halfcut was a bit.

ekslut
14-02-2006, 11:11 AM
If you are using a aus chassis use Hasport mounts. They are the best.

SINISTR
14-02-2006, 11:13 AM
^^^^
will have to be HASport Mounts. You can get some locally but I think they work out more price wise anyway.

brucelee
14-02-2006, 11:43 AM
So any contacts in sydney?? :confused:
^^^^
will have to be HASport Mounts. You can get some locally but I think they work out more price wise anyway.

BiGANG
14-02-2006, 12:01 PM
the b16B gearbox has hydraulic clutch too so you will need a new clutch setup. wilwood makes a hydraulic pedal kit from memory but u will need to import it. Either that or get the pedal box and lines from a hydraulic clutch honda ie. the ek9 you will be pulling the motor out of

brucelee
14-02-2006, 12:24 PM
The clutch would be no worries for me as I plan to get the whole ek9 front cut for the project, but thanks for yr advice anyway bro..
the b16B gearbox has hydraulic clutch too so you will need a new clutch setup. wilwood makes a hydraulic pedal kit from memory but u will need to import it. Either that or get the pedal box and lines from a hydraulic clutch honda ie. the ek9 you will be pulling the motor out of

SINISTR
14-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Online performance from what I know make a mount kit - but expect to pay about $700 for one. Hasport will cost that with a mount kit, linkage kit and clutch kit possibly - landed.

Clutch kit allows you to use a Hydraulic Gbox off a B16A2/18C and use the stock clutch cable that EDs use. Its like this adapter plate you install and off you go!

www.onlineperformance.com.au
www.hasport.com

brucelee
14-02-2006, 01:22 PM
If I got the whole ek9 front cut. could I just pull it out n convert to hydraulic?? coz the guy above reckon it can but I am just not 2 sure.....

Online performance from what I know make a mount kit - but expect to pay about $700 for one. Hasport will cost that with a mount kit, linkage kit and clutch kit possibly - landed.

Clutch kit allows you to use a Hydraulic Gbox off a B16A2/18C and use the stock clutch cable that EDs use. Its like this adapter plate you install and off you go!

www.onlineperformance.com.au (http://www.onlineperformance.com.au/)
www.hasport.com (http://www.hasport.com/)

SINISTR
14-02-2006, 01:35 PM
As far as I know thats definatelly doable - just requires some modifications to setup the servo on the firewall and connecting the clutch to the leaver etc, running the lines. But definatelly doable!

EGB16A
14-02-2006, 02:38 PM
isnt a stroked b16b in fact a B18c-VTI short block anyway?

i thought it was b18cR?

dave_ed9
14-02-2006, 02:46 PM

You need to get a longer clutch cable made up to use the Hasport thing with RHD cars. None of oem cables like the DA integra one are even long enough. They don't tell you this before you buy it. I got a new standard cable ($70) and had it extended (extra $100). I would have done a full hydraulic pedal box if I knew how much it was going to cost. Its not even that good.

http://images.carsales.com.au/private/957657.jpg

SlobberGoat
14-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Why would you need a longer clutch cable?
The gearbox is closer to the pedals in a RHD car?

brucelee
14-02-2006, 10:47 PM
thanks for yr advice dave, :D i will go for the full hydraulic pedal box instead of staying with the cable when I start the project........but anything I need to know more about the b16b convertion?? cox the engine mounts issue is what I consider so far..... btw, is that yr crx from the pic?? is it running fast n reliable?? could u share how u feel about it??

You need to get a longer clutch cable made up to use the Hasport thing with RHD cars. None of oem cables like the DA integra one are even long enough. They don't tell you this before you buy it. I got a new standard cable ($70) and had it extended (extra $100). I would have done a full hydraulic pedal box if I knew how much it was going to cost. Its not even that good.

http://images.carsales.com.au/private/957657.jpg

dave_ed9
15-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Why would you need a longer clutch cable?
The gearbox is closer to the pedals in a RHD car?

The pedals are closer, but the RHD cable is also shorter. Too short. And, if you somehow got ahold of a LHD one, it'd be way too long.

is that yr crx from the pic?? is it running fast n reliable?? could u share how u feel about it??

Yep, I used the hasport mounts to do mine, would recommend them. Its quick and I'm very happy with it.

The other main thing hasport didn't consider with RHD cars is power steering. If you want to keep it you need to cut a heap from behind the left headlight bracket to clear the compressor, then get a hydraulics place to make you up a custom high-pressure hose to suit the b-series compressor connector. It cost me around $100 for this hose, and you need to make up another short low-pressure hose for the oil feed.

brucelee
15-02-2006, 01:49 PM
It sounds complicated, so what about the air-con?? is that impossible to remain the air-con?? and how much did u spend on the whole engine convertion?? coz it sounds a lot of the custom stuff......:(
The pedals are closer, but the RHD cable is also shorter. Too short. And, if you somehow got ahold of a LHD one, it'd be way too long.

Yep, I used the hasport mounts to do mine, would recommend them. Its quick and I'm very happy with it.

The other main thing hasport didn't consider with RHD cars is power steering. If you want to keep it you need to cut a heap from behind the left headlight bracket to clear the compressor, then get a hydraulics place to make you up a custom high-pressure hose to suit the b-series compressor connector. It cost me around $100 for this hose, and you need to make up another short low-pressure hose for the oil feed.

dave_ed9
15-02-2006, 02:13 PM
The aircon you have to get another bracket from Hasport and use the CRX compressor. I spent about $6k all up on my conversion, but bought lots of new bits.

SINISTR
15-02-2006, 02:21 PM
have a look at some of the other forums, like ZCResource, Honda-tech, D-Series.com - you might be lucky to find someone selling a Mount kit second hand.

czy_sol87
15-02-2006, 02:25 PM
how much would it cost to put a B16b into the eg delsol with a b16a already in there, is it straight bolt on, ie take out the b16a and drop in b16b??? how much are the b16b's and where can i find one?

weezer
15-02-2006, 02:34 PM
As far as i know, if the B16B was going into an EF8, he wouldnt need special mounts. The EF8 mounts would work? There was a CRX in melb that was running a B16B and im pretty sure he didnt need sort of aftermarket mounts.

As for dropping a B16B in a del sol, it just bolts straight in. But depending on what year del sol, you might need a conversion harness for the ECU.

brucelee
15-02-2006, 02:36 PM
6k include the itr engine as well?? if so, that's cheap..:D
The aircon you have to get another bracket from Hasport and use the CRX compressor. I spent about $6k all up on my conversion, but bought lots of new bits.

czy_sol87
15-02-2006, 02:39 PM
As far as i know, if the B16B was going into an EF8, he wouldnt need special mounts. The EF8 mounts would work? There was a CRX in melb that was running a B16B and im pretty sure he didnt need sort of aftermarket mounts.

As for dropping a B16B in a del sol, it just bolts straight in. But depending on what year del sol, you might need a conversion harness for the ECU.

thanks for that, how much u think its gonna cost for a converstion to a b16b engine? and how much could i sell my b16a for with about 190xxx on the clock?

brucelee
15-02-2006, 04:07 PM
but the ef8 now still cost around $11000 in the market. if the b16b convertion is done on the ef8, the money spend on the car, engine, parts and larborship would be enough to pick up a dc2r......that's y i m thinking of pick up the AUS CRX chassis to do the convertion.....

weezer
15-02-2006, 04:49 PM
oh i thought you already had an EF8. sorry

dave_ed9
15-02-2006, 04:50 PM

same here

brucelee
16-02-2006, 02:38 PM
u guys alrite there....what i m trying to say is just if I pick up the JDM SiR ef8, that would let me to straight in the b16b but it gonna cost 2 much...that's y i m thinking of picking up the AUS Crx chassis to do ground up project.....
Btw, anything I need to pay attention on the project??

SINISTR
17-02-2006, 12:31 AM
if you're gonna go for a B16b swap into a Aus spec CRX - i'd rather get a B18CR instead.

a B16B engine is close HP output to a B18CR yes - BUT - its running at its limit. You can spend same $$$ if not less doing a B18CR swap and you have a clean sheet to add to it and get more HP out of it. There is alot more potential IMHO in a B18CR than a B16B.