PDA

View Full Version : Air Con question?

PAPZ
14-02-2006, 01:20 PM
When ever i use my Air Con for some time, and then i turn it off then turn my car off, it makes this spoiling noise? not all the time though?

another thing, on a cooler day, and i use my air con, it blows out frost? normal or what? :confused:

hethro87
15-02-2006, 02:14 PM
You running it on re circ or fresh? You should only run the a/c on re circ as its less stress on the engine and plus you are constantly 're circulating' the cold air around your car rather than sucking it in from the outside

PAPZ
15-02-2006, 02:43 PM
cant remember which setting it was. i think it wass re circ.

hethro87
15-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Hmm ok. My dad had a problem on his 60 series land crusier with the whole frost thing. Im talking to him tonight and ill get back to you PAPZ. Also with the spooling noise (a nice hisssssss) that means that you might need a re gas or there's some pressure problem?

But my dad will know!

Cheers

Hethro

PAPZ
15-02-2006, 03:41 PM
yeh i thought it would ba re gas problem. is that expensive to do?

BIG`O
15-02-2006, 06:53 PM
it should not cost too much - although mechanics will charge you through the roof for it.
a bloke who is a close mate of mine did mine for free (he is in the refrigeration and aircon trade).

as for the frost i belive its normal as the new civics and also my mums new accord do it - something to do with humidity and temperature i believe.
hope this was of help to you.
shane o

hethro87
16-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey PAPZ. My dad's problems was coolant seeping into the aircon pipes so id check out the pipes in ur engine bay.

Re gases should cost between $70 - $90 and should last you a yr and a bit. Just remeber to use it once and a while during winter!

Hethro

PAPZ
16-02-2006, 02:51 PM
npz, thanks. il keep that in mind. il check it out this weekend.