PDA

View Full Version : ET, MPH, 60Ft Time, the meaning?

spetz
14-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Can someone explain how everything interacts with each other?

I know, 0.1 off on 60ft times usually is nearly 0.3 off the ET

Now, can someone explain what they understand from the following:

60Ft time 2.2 seconds
14.3 @ 97 Mph

In a car which is close to 1200kg with driver, how many hp/kw does this roughly equate to?

Also, I see many cars which have like 103 mph and have some very low times, I understand slicks would be a great part of it, but it seems weird that realistically only 10km more nets 1 second lower ET? It seems like getting an extra 10km/h wouldn't be all that hard?? Modification wise

tinkerbell
18-02-2006, 10:27 PM
0.1 off 60 = 0.2 at ET

Non Vtec
20-02-2006, 05:42 AM
I have a mate thats gone 13.3 @ 97mph in a DC2 integra.. alot of its driving and your 60fts.
he runs 1.8-1.9's so thats 0.6-0.8 that he drops over your time, plus he is probably lighter aswell..
But there are alot of other things aswell, gearing and the number of shifts, how you shift (nana vs Flat) etc.. flat shifting will see another 0.3 dropped off your times if your good at it..

hoonda
20-02-2006, 11:02 AM
60Ft time 2.2 seconds
14.3 @ 97 Mph

In a car which is close to 1200kg with driver, how many hp/kw does this roughly equate to?
[/QUOTE]

The actual hp/kw figure depends on a number of factors and cannot accurately be guaged by a 1/4 mile time (driver, weather conditions, tuning etc will all alter a drag runs outcome)..

U can tell some things by the figures u have given, for eg: i would say that the car that ran that time has good mid range power, but not low down torque- a 2.2 is not that quick for the 60ft considering final time of 14.3.

Also, the power band is very even from a certain point onwards (w/o 330/660ft cannot tell where that point is). 14.3 is pretty good time, but as only 97 mph, delivery of power during run was consistent (if power peaked and then dropped off, then might have higher mph but slower time)

Having said all of above, i may as well have a crack at guessing car.. Being that this is a Honda forum, maybe a DC5R with basic mods? 150-160kw (flywheel)/ 115-120fwkw??

spetz
23-02-2006, 01:10 AM
I thought 2.2 is a good 60ft time for a street trimmed, street tyred FWD?
The actual time I think is like 2.19 or something.

What would happen if the powerband was moved further up in the revrange?

It's not a DC5R ;)

hoonda
23-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I thought 2.2 is a good 60ft time for a street trimmed, street tyred FWD?
The actual time I think is like 2.19 or something.

What would happen if the powerband was moved further up in the revrange?

It's not a DC5R ;)

well i suppose its not soo bad in full street trim, i wouldnt be ashamed of it :D ! I guess for an N/A FWD it would be pretty good- But it does depend on what the car u have.

(NOTE: 2.19 sounds better than 2.2, as the round figure leaves up to .1 discretion, which is quite a lot in 60ft time!)

If (usable) powerband was moved higher up rev range, then u certainly wont be getting quicker 60ft times! ET *might* be quicker, depending on tuning. I doubt mph would be quicker.

Plz remember too that my comments are generalisations, and everything always depends on a great multitude of factors..

PS- DC2R with mild mods!! :confused:
s'pose could be accord..? im basing guesses on assumption that your times are 'standard good' (ie consistent) for what u are driving. How was my power estimate?

ek4-guy
25-02-2006, 10:09 AM
lol why you racing to the 60ft mark the cars that are to fast for the bracket race over 60ft then shut down