PDA

View Full Version : (Euro) what size r the speakers on the rear shelf?

mugen88
14-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Can somone confirn for me the exact speaker size's in an Euro 05?

* Rear parcel shelf speakers

* Front and rear door size speakers

* Also has anyone converted the line out of the factory head unit to run external amps and what it sounds like?

Thanks

BiLL|z0r
14-02-2006, 07:22 PM
I can answer 1 of your questions, rear parcel shelf speakers are 6*9's.

There's a line out in the unit? where?

94_Accord
14-02-2006, 08:48 PM
yes the rears are 6x9s,
and the front speakers i think are 6 1/2 inch splits

94_Accord
14-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Info pulled from:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:ZxsoF4nbYY8J:www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/xrt_euro.htm+Accord+Euro+%2B+speaker+size&hl=en&gl=au&ct=clnk&cd=1

(2nd last paragraph from bottom of the page)
This last item comes with 25mm tweeters and 17cm neodymium speakers up front with two parcel shelf-mounted 6x9-inch ferrite speakers in the rear, making for what is arguably one of the best non-brand name (Alpine, Clarion et al) stereo systems on the market. The clarity is exceptional.

hopefully that helped some of your questions..
-it was the only find i could come across..

cheerz

Mike

mugen88
14-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the quick response guys.

They did not look like 6x9's but I'll take it.

Regarding the line out bit- you can buy line out converters (L.O.C $200) from any good car audio store. Basically you connect the speakers wires to the L.O.C on one end and on the other it has your standard RCA connectors. This will allow you to connect external amps for greater sound.

Car audio stores use these when factory head unit can not be upgraded to after market head units because they are built into the dash like the euro and may others.

Cheers

BiLL|z0r
15-02-2006, 06:50 AM
ah, that's what you meant by line out, yer i knew that. I thought you found a line out somewhere on the back of the unit and I'm like ooooooooohhhhhhhhh, gimme gimme gimme.

Eurotony
15-02-2006, 08:47 AM
My son works at WOW Sight & Sound at the Underwood Superstore in Brisbane & is the 2IC in Car Audio. If you need to know anything about car Audio in the Euro's & line out converters PM me for his details.

xiang
15-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the quick response guys.

They did not look like 6x9's but I'll take it.

Regarding the line out bit- you can buy line out converters (L.O.C $200) from any good car audio store. Basically you connect the speakers wires to the L.O.C on one end and on the other it has your standard RCA connectors. This will allow you to connect external amps for greater sound.

Car audio stores use these when factory head unit can not be upgraded to after market head units because they are built into the dash like the euro and may others.

Cheers

im not too sure about the rear speaker sizes but the LOC is not $200, i purchased one for about $29 from jaycar. you can just tap the LOC onto a rear speaker from the boot and plug in ure amp.