PDA

View Full Version : EK with tein SS

|N|
15-02-2006, 12:12 AM
just wondering is there anyone here has EK with tein ss coils... if yes ... wats the ride height like on lowest settins??
thx
nick

Beastcivic
15-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Hey man, I have a mate with teins in his ek. I have d2's. GET the teins. The d2's aren't bad at all, but teins are better lol. Anyways back to your question, On the lowest setting, your car will be like almost hitting the floor lol, my mates has his set about half to a 1/4, and his has the same ride height as mine which is DUMPED,

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/beastcivic/exterior1.jpg

|N|
15-02-2006, 12:18 AM
u serious?
just saw an EK installed with tein ss today ... all 4 conrner s on lowest settins... the rears slams.. but the front very high.. only a bit lower then stock settins.. y is that?

Beastcivic
15-02-2006, 12:23 AM
you talking about the springs or there coil-over's? I thought you were talking about the tein coil-overs.

|N|
15-02-2006, 12:27 AM
yes i m talking abt the tein SS coilovers

Beastcivic
15-02-2006, 12:32 AM
yeah, i installed them on my mates EK, and on about half setting it was slammed. like you can barely fit a finger in between the gaurd and the tire.

|N|
15-02-2006, 12:34 AM
coz now its on the lowest settins and i can still fit 2 fingers in no problem.. do u know wat would be the reason?

STTICH
15-02-2006, 01:06 AM
any pics lNl? i've heard the teins won giv Eks a slammed look..wonder if tats true. some ppl take out teh helper springs to giv it a further slam, but not sure if tats any good to the sussy.

beastcivic..may i ask how low is ur 'almost hitting the floor'?

|N|
15-02-2006, 01:12 AM
any pics lNl? i've heard the teins won giv Eks a slammed look..wonder if tats true. some ppl take out teh helper springs to giv it a further slam, but not sure if tats any good to the sussy.

beastcivic..may i ask how low is ur 'almost hitting the floor'?

coz thats wat i saw,... rear is slamed.. but front is still very high... lowest settins all 4 front can still fit 2-3 fingers.. rear can almost over more then half of the tyres.. doesnt sound right to me... i ll see if i can get pics tmr..

Beastcivic
15-02-2006, 02:12 AM
STTICH: Re-read what I said,

lNl: Not sure why yours would not be slammed. You sure you got the ones for the civic or the integra? Ino that the civic and integra ones fit each other, because they sent us the integra ones first. Not sure if that would affect the height or not, but something you should ask.

Ill get a pick of my mates civic if you want?

|N|
15-02-2006, 11:34 AM
STTICH: Re-read what I said,

lNl: Not sure why yours would not be slammed. You sure you got the ones for the civic or the integra? Ino that the civic and integra ones fit each other, because they sent us the integra ones first. Not sure if that would affect the height or not, but something you should ask.

Ill get a pick of my mates civic if you want?

yea it woueld be nice if u could show me some pics.. i m pretty sure its for civic... coz the rear LCA r diff plus its says EK9 on the shocks itself

Beastcivic
16-02-2006, 10:51 PM
hey man, sorry for the dodgy pic. Better than nothing though. Thats with tein ss. We didn't get a helper spring with his, nor did we realise it was suppossed to come with one till now.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/beastcivic/untitled.jpg

|N|
16-02-2006, 11:32 PM
but thats EG tho...

i know they r low on EG... just not EK

Beastcivic
16-02-2006, 11:38 PM
sorry mate, totally forgot it was an eg. That explains why there was no helper spring.

|N|
16-02-2006, 11:48 PM
its cool... so anyone else have info on ss wiuth EK?

|N|
19-02-2006, 06:04 PM
its cool... so anyone else have info on ss wiuth EK?

no one?