PDA

View Full Version : cd5 coupe

ish
15-02-2006, 02:05 PM
i read in the other coupe thread that they dont fall under the new import classifications. is it possible to import one from NZ or something because they are awesome looking

dundas
18-02-2006, 11:50 AM
*shrugs* would be nice to see a few around adelaide :D

h22a accord
18-02-2006, 02:54 PM
i wonder if it would be possible to import a bare shell and all the parts stripped out of it but packaged in the same container 9 doors, screens trim etc) as its not actually a vehicle then build it from the parts of a 5th gen sedan get it registered a a modified production vehicle.

poid
19-02-2006, 12:23 PM
dont think so Cam, last i heard a shell had to be cut in half when brought in (legally)...a lot of importers were doing that and so the rules were changed.

Only way to import one as far as i know is personal import (ie live in an overseas country for 12 months or more and bring one back when you return)

filoaccord
19-02-2006, 01:28 PM
btw so a accord with 4 door and made it look like a 2 door handles where shaved and the gap as well. is that illegal.

Eclipsor
19-02-2006, 01:32 PM
btw so a accord with 4 door and made it look like a 2 door handles where shaved and the gap as well. is that illegal.

Just like most things you could probably do it with a engineers certification. Just guessing but you'd probably need to change its registration details aswell and make sure the front seats were reclining or get rid of the rear seats and register it as such.

poid
19-02-2006, 07:19 PM
you could do it that way, it wouldnt look the same as the coupe however as the coupe has larger front doors etc

Otherwise you could cut the B pillar out and move it back and use some coupe doors etc...however you'd have to do this very exactly and with engineer's input all the way to get it engineered and legal

dundas
19-02-2006, 08:50 PM
hmmz, just go live O/S for a year LOL.. i think dat would be easiest.. and probably cheapest providing u have a job

razaman
20-02-2006, 05:31 AM
hmmz, just go live O/S for a year LOL.. i think dat would be easiest.. and probably cheapest providing u have a job

hahaha:p probably true, just move to nz for a year and get it out of your system.

Raz