PDA

View Full Version : ITR head gasket

PaZzMaN-R
16-02-2006, 06:43 PM
hi guys looking at buying a second hand red rocker cover off ITR and the head gasket. my question is, will the ITR head gasket (second hand i think) fit and make any diff to compression?

ECU-MAN
16-02-2006, 07:21 PM
:confused: you dont want to put a 2nd hand head gasket in your engine

wynode
16-02-2006, 07:44 PM
:confused: you dont want to put a 2nd hand head gasket in your engine
^^ YEah that!

Dxs
16-02-2006, 08:52 PM
ok.. just so you know, the rocker cover just covers the top of the head.. you dont remove the head at all..

So yeah, if u replace the head gasket u need to remove the head off the block.. which costs $$.. and you wouldnt use a 2nd hand one either :/

if i was you i would get some red VHT crinkle paint to get the red rocker effect

Weq
16-02-2006, 09:45 PM
i think this ricer is confused ;)

its ok to use the itr rocker cover gasket. its okt o use a itr headgasket, just make sure if its a headgasket, that it isnt 2nd hand.

wynode
16-02-2006, 10:29 PM
That was farking confusing Weq LOL

PaZzMaN-R
16-02-2006, 10:57 PM
ok thanks for that i will now not if its second hand use it. im learning ok not everyones at your level and thats why im asking the question. if its new is it worth changing and would be done for free.

blusir2
16-02-2006, 11:47 PM
ok thanks for that i will now not if its second hand use it. im learning ok not everyones at your level and thats why im asking the question. if its new is it worth changing and would be done for free.

Your correct mate. If everyone knew everything then these forums would be closed down. Dun worry im sure many ppls dun know as much and some just assume they do.

But yes they are all correct. Never ever use a second hand head gasket as it will already be imprinted out of shape due to the head clamping down onto the block when the head bolts are torqued up. That gasket holds compression and stops water from pissin out the side of ur engine.

Rocker cover gasket is ok as long as u use sealant to seal it up only if the gasket itself is not cracked or broken. its just a rubber ring around the top of the head above the rockers that stops oil from leaking from the rocker cover.

I think wat ur really askin is can i use the Rocker cover and rocker cover gasket again. I already answered that. The ITR rocker cover will fit these B-series engines B16A, B18C. Done it many times before.

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

Dxs
17-02-2006, 10:00 AM
it is also.. you're not your ;)

PaZzMaN-R
17-02-2006, 05:36 PM
if the ITR head gasket was new would there be any point putting it in?

EGB16A
17-02-2006, 05:43 PM
if the ITR head gasket was new would there be any point putting it in?

in short, NO...

if your head gasket is leaking, and assuming the one from the ITR has never been fitted, and its cheap, then buy it.

if not, don't bother

PaZzMaN-R
17-02-2006, 06:07 PM
ok thanks for that egb16a. btw were you at bel yesterday because i saw an eg with the plates of ur nick

wynode
17-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Question answered :)