PDA

View Full Version : Massive clunk from rear of euro

adammet04
16-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Ok so im shitting myself at the moment

just got home, have got a very audible clunk coming from the rear of the euro, after a quick search/check of forums, found that perth euro had a wheel nut problem (not tight enough) im hoping that some idiot in the car park have just done that to mine.

ive had a whiteline sway put on the back of the car (that was at about 30,000k) now have about 50,000 on the car..
so possibly this could be issue

the problem seems to occur going around corners, or when there is a bump in the road (eg when the tarmac height abruptly changes) and definately occurs when going up the
driveway over the lameass kerb..(those curvy ones)

eg (road tarmac thing)
------______--------- (from side on sorta deal)

ANyway, going to check the wheel nuts in the morning (if i can sleep) and then take it straight to dealership..

Will let u know outcome..

if anyone has anything i should check, let me know..

PeZ
17-02-2006, 08:33 AM
My parents civic Vti-R does the exact same thing, they come equipped with a sway bar standard so it may be a related issue?

yfin
17-02-2006, 09:23 AM
try to tighten the sway bar links - only takes a few minutes

EuroAccord13
17-02-2006, 10:06 AM
try to tighten the sway bar links - only takes a few minutes

Grease the rubber mounts as well... This is something that needs to be done periodically....

Let us know how it goes :)

adammet04
17-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok well after being returned from dealer..they also believed it could have been the rubber mounts as well on the , they regreased this section and i havent heard the noise for today..

i just cant beleive such a massive sound could come from such a easy fix...

wtf... :confused:

ok so now im down to a quite manageable 2 onthe stressometer.. :)

thanks for all ur responses..
ill keep u updated if it happens/hear it again..

BiLL|z0r
17-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I've had my Euro back twice for noises in the rear, both times they've just tightened and regreased the rear suspension components. The guy in service basically said shit happens, things get loose in suspension cause they move all the time. Didn't really buy it :(.

Now I have a clunk in the front..FFFAAARRRKKKK

Ferrarista
18-02-2006, 11:53 AM
My car did pretty much the same thing, it was the rear sway bar

EuroDude
20-02-2006, 02:48 PM
I've had my Euro back twice for noises in the rear, both times they've just tightened and regreased the rear suspension components. The guy in service basically said shit happens, things get loose in suspension cause they move all the time. Didn't really buy it :(.

Now I have a clunk in the front..FFFAAARRRKKKK

pfft I'm not buying it as well, I mean my Civic has done 250,000 and has no suspension rattles at all.

I have a feeling the Euro's were rushed in design and build, and not of the renowned quality you expect from a new Honda...

stephen8512
20-02-2006, 03:30 PM
yeah
i agree with the rush in design and build theory. my clutch master cylinder needs to be replaced....after only 20,000kms!!!!!! the infamous "euro clutch" disaster
my friends EG has 180,000kms and not one probelm with his clutch.

aaronng
20-02-2006, 04:36 PM
LOL, I had the problem with my clutch master cylinder when I had 7000km, about 2.5 months into my Euro ownership.

Ferrarista
20-02-2006, 05:00 PM
How would you know if you have a master cylinder problem?

Also, mine crunches in 2nd all the time

EuroDude
20-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Man I really hope they have fixed these common problems in the 06 model, otherwise I may reconsider getting a Euro :(

Tobster
21-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Man I really hope they have fixed these common problems in the 06 model, otherwise I may reconsider getting a Euro :(
I think it's important to remember that not every car has these issues and that sometimes when you get people talking about a "common" problem in a forum it can seem more widespread than it really is. Plus you have a warranty should it happen to you. I wouldn't let some possible minor niggles put you off buying the car -- which can happen with just about any brand, and it happens a lot more with many others.

ca6leguy
21-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Plus you have a warranty should it happen to you.

Even though you have warranty, it's the inconvenience of having to take the day off work to take your car to the workshop and having the mechanic telling you that there's nothing wrong, it's normal, all cars does that etc :mad:

Tobster
21-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Even though you have warranty, it's the inconvenience of having to take the day off work to take your car to the workshop and having the mechanic telling you that there's nothing wrong, it's normal, all cars does that etc :mad:
Welcome to the real world :D

adammet04
21-02-2006, 04:29 PM
ok kids getting a little off topic, can a mod close this ?

cheers

EuroAccord13
21-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Your Wish Is Granted Adam.... :)