PDA

View Full Version : greddy E-manage Ultimate

Spoon-Accord
17-02-2006, 09:06 AM
hello there guys.. looking at this for the corrdy.. with boost setup

anyone used this or know anything about them?

kenny

kongfu
17-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Dont use this one seriously.very shit!

yourfather
18-02-2006, 04:03 AM
It's a piggyback system and won't give you a fully customizable tune as well as other standalone ecu's will.

It alters electrical voltages to trick the ecu from what I can understand.

And you are better off getting an ECU that is fully aware of how the engine is running, and processes accordingly.

That's what I have learned. And I might be wrong.

EGB18CT
19-02-2006, 02:42 PM
fill me in about it to as i am looking at getting one for my b16 and turbo later on, looks pretty good from spec point, anyone used it, seems to do a lot more things than the normal emanage does

crx88rb
19-02-2006, 05:57 PM
im going a greddy emanagement with some mild cams and cam gears soon. but i think for what you want you would want something more along the lines of a VAFC or a power fc. but yes the unit you are looking at will work as well just make sure you take it somewhere that knows how to tune them right.

saxman
19-02-2006, 07:39 PM
im going a greddy emanagement with some mild cams and cam gears soon. but i think for what you want you would want something more along the lines of a VAFC or a power fc. but yes the unit you are looking at will work as well just make sure you take it somewhere that knows how to tune them right.
you just suggested tuning with a vafc...

will go great with an fmu!

and an ssautochrome manifold!

and a tornado fuel savor!

and one of those power resistors!

hell, why even bother with that... just get one of those speakers that make the blow off sound...

point is, with a turbo set up, he wants something with far MORE capability than the emanage, not far less

crx88rb
19-02-2006, 09:29 PM
meh :P point taken

Spoon-Accord
20-02-2006, 02:11 AM
VAFC wont make a diffrence (cept VTEC point)

was looking at the emanage ultimate. the tuning software for it is like a stand alone unit (meaning more easier to tune and also more effective with time and power)

it cost 250 more.. so i guess it should be better..

either that.. someone suggested to get a AEM standalone

kenny

EGB18CT
20-02-2006, 01:35 PM
hell no am i going vafc! either greddy ultimate or if i can get a power fc for the right price would be my go.. sorry for hijack! only thing is how good it the greddy?

crx88rb
20-02-2006, 02:46 PM
i havnt heard anything bad about it, only good things. what about the rest pplz?

saxman
20-02-2006, 03:42 PM
it's a good step past the current greddy emanage, but in the end, it's still just a hack that modifies the signals going to the ecu, which will always have severe limitations

Weq
20-02-2006, 04:12 PM
it's a good step past the current greddy emanage, but in the end, it's still just a hack that modifies the signals going to the ecu, which will always have severe limitations

No it isnt a hack. it CAN be used like a hack, but its primary function is to modify the dizzy/coils and injector signals directly.

ultimate is a great system where a ecu chipping solution isnt able to be implemented. u are now able to modify rev-limits, autotune with wb02 and more. ive used an emanage on a 4-5cars so far and not one has blown up. all had great tunes. they use these on supra's and make an easy 800hp.

an added bonus is that u can take it to ur next car or sell it off to a host of other makes and models.. this means it will retain value for years to come

PS. it has 16x16 fuel maps 16x16 ignition maps with adjustable scales and mapping based on tps/map/acceleration/etc

saxman
20-02-2006, 07:36 PM
but its primary function is to modify the dizzy/coils and injector signals directly.
guess that's pretty much what I meant by it being a hack. It's just modifying signals. This can potentially cause a lot of problems, especially with an ecu using closed loop, as it can't accurately correct things.

Weq
20-02-2006, 08:22 PM
u were trying to say is that it modifies the input signals for the ecu in order to perform its task.

i have never, ever, ever, heard of an ecu being confused by the signals it outputs in a feedback loop. ive heard of ECU's learning and compensating for them, but never the other way around. never ever.

saxman
21-02-2006, 07:53 AM
when the signal for the ecu is being modified, so different things are going on then what the ecu thinks is going on, it can't properly learn and compensate for them, as the changes it's programmed to make don't coorelate to the changes that actually occur.

spetz
27-02-2006, 12:28 AM
I think an e-manage is a really good piggyback
But, I have heard the ultimate, being so new, has quite a few bugs in it.

You can tune with 2 different boost settings with a normal emanage anyway.
A friend has a 4G61T engined lancer and just needs the additional/optional MAP sensor to run different boost settings.

However, that engine has a AFM so you might not even need that in a Honda as most/all have MAP sensors already