PDA

View Full Version : Curious S2000 buyer

kostaki
17-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi all out there,

I was the owner of a 12.9 second s15. Back in January I wrote off the car completely in an accident where I was totally at fault. I ended up losing my license on manner dangerouos driving.

Now looking at new cars, I am looking into getting a S2000 when i get my license back. I have a bad feeling though that the S2000 will be too slow compared to my old beast.

Can anyone tell me roughly how much im looking at spending on a turbo conversion on a S2K. The whole kit, to make the car a reliable daily driver?

Thanks guys

.::F[L]Y::.
17-02-2006, 01:31 PM
yep thats true, an s2000 wont be as fast as your s15 but who are you trying to impress with all the speed? its not like you can use all of it on the streets. S2000 is a balanced package ideal for the twisties. I think turbo kits can be bought from the US for anywhere between 6-10k. Toda racing would be the people you would wanna see for such work. But my opinion is that if your planning to boost the s2k then just save your money and buy another nissin or a wrx.

kostaki
17-02-2006, 01:48 PM
thanks mate

even though i think s2000's are way hotter looking than 200's, i dont wanna buy one and not be satisfied with the power. but for 40k they'd have to move right?

do you know any stock s2000 1/4 mile times?

at best how far can you push a s2k staying clear of a turbo?

2MPRSS
17-02-2006, 02:10 PM
who cares who you beat i would of beat u with my civic haha laugh ,and whats so funny beating a car full of lebs?a full car vs ur 200?haha again

kostaki
17-02-2006, 02:12 PM
hey, my car was loaded too you know. how much did you spend turboing the civic?

2MPRSS
17-02-2006, 02:15 PM
the car+ turbo=less then your car +it is much more funny seeing a 200 geting shamed by a civic

anyways s2000 are hot cars imo slower then a s15 will do around mid 14s with avarage driver

kostaki
17-02-2006, 02:28 PM
how much you rekon i should expect to pay for turboing the s2k?

2MPRSS
17-02-2006, 02:30 PM
$15000 i know a guy that has done it but i know nothing about the car,why u wana turbo a s2k for?when it comes to the time to sell it your going to have problems and headaches

2MPRSS
17-02-2006, 02:43 PM
1 my civic isnt black its blue,
2 u didnt see my front mount coz my car is still in the workshop
3 yes i am turk
and ive never raced a 12.9 sec s15 before on parra rd i only rememeber a blue s15 but never raced coz its illegal haha

kostaki
17-02-2006, 02:50 PM
ok i was just mucking around. i checked out your profile to find out you were turko. greece v turkey again in the soccer, how goods that

so tell me, whats it in the work shop for?

.::F[L]Y::.
17-02-2006, 03:51 PM
in terms of NA mods you can read todas modding guide for the f20c. The only problem i find wrong with hondas is that they lack power down low but still are more responsive than turbo cars and are much more ldriveable on a daily basis. By upgrading your final gear and lighter flywheel will give you a much better driving experience than what your s15 would have given you. A friend of mine recently sold his s15 and bought an s2000 and he actually said what i had just typed. His s15 was fully modded as well.

Banana
17-02-2006, 03:58 PM
why dont u just take out the s2000's f20c and sell it for about 6k. and implant a sr20det in the s2k? wouldnt that satisfy you?btw they are both N-S engine mounted vehicles. hahah laughsss.. nothing better then a bov coming form a honda

kostaki
17-02-2006, 04:09 PM
once i saw a stocker s2k drive past and the exhaust sounded like it was really struggling. it was moving dont get me wrong, but it sounded terrible. whats needed on a the s2k to make it sound like johnny trans one on fast and furious, lol

Banana
17-02-2006, 04:21 PM
once i saw a stocker s2k drive past and the exhaust sounded like it was really struggling. it was moving dont get me wrong, but it sounded terrible. whats needed on a the s2k to make it sound like johnny trans one on fast and furious, lol

3 simple words

intake, headers, exhaust

ECU-MAN
17-02-2006, 07:09 PM
keep street racing out of these threads dude's, not allowed in our T&C

if you like the shape of the 2000, then get one, if you want it to go faster then turbo it, look in this section of the forum as there is a good thread on bits you can get for a s2k.

just be willing to part wid da cash

mugeneration
17-02-2006, 07:22 PM
wasnt there a guy on here AGES ago talking about how he turboed his s2k? Try searching this forum dude. From memory he spent around 10gs and got a lot of power out of it.

PaZzMaN-R
17-02-2006, 08:26 PM
turbo s2k god yess please do it otherwise what about a supercharger??? otherwise go the na rout you wont be disspointed!!

kongfu
17-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Its better to go for supercharge rather than turbo.

Malenic1981
19-02-2006, 03:20 AM
If you want to have power plus special feeling while driving your S2K I think you should keep it NA.
Sounds like money isn't a big problem for you so you could do intake, headers, exhaust plus cams and ecu, it would be NA beast at it's best.
My friend has S15 (he does mid 13s) but he loves my ITR, he is faster but sound of my car and feeling when you drive it much better than S15, Sky and so on.

Malenic1981
19-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Forgot to say try to imagine S2K with such a mods, fully sick

[stealth]
19-02-2006, 08:16 AM
I would say it cost more than 10k to get a 300rwkw S2K goin well for a daily :D
I remember a S2K pulling 160rwkw before.. NA.. at one of the salons.. couldve been 04-05 season

HVL
19-02-2006, 10:47 PM
there are two definition of fast, one is how fast can u do from 0-100k, 0-400m, another is how fast can u go around a race track. to achive the first is relatively easy all u need is to have the money to put all the power into the car, and know how to point the car staright and press the accelerator. To achive the second it has much higher damand on the car and the drive. the car needs to be balanced and the driver actually needs to know how to drive.
so this is to say a 12.9s 0-400m s15 doean't mean it's a faster car than s2000, unless it's faster on the track than the s2000, which it's very doutful.

ppl always like to judge how fast is a car by it's 0-100k and 0-400m time, but the truth is it should be judge on how fast can a car go aorund a race track.

cars that do fast 0-100m 0-400m are powerful cars, cars that do fast lap times are truly the fast cars.

blusir2
20-02-2006, 01:56 PM
there are two definition of fast, one is how fast can u do from 0-100k, 0-400m, another is how fast can u go around a race track. to achive the first is relatively easy all u need is to have the money to put all the power into the car, and know how to point the car staright and press the accelerator. To achive the second it has much higher damand on the car and the drive. the car needs to be balanced and the driver actually needs to know how to drive.
so this is to say a 12.9s 0-400m s15 doean't mean it's a faster car than s2000, unless it's faster on the track than the s2000, which it's very doutful.

ppl always like to judge how fast is a car by it's 0-100k and 0-400m time, but the truth is it should be judge on how fast can a car go aorund a race track.

cars that do fast 0-100m 0-400m are powerful cars, cars that do fast lap times are truly the fast cars.

Mate u are right on the money. A good example is i drag this modified S15 but im behind up to the bend of the road and then like Michelle Rodriguez says "See Ya" over take him on the outside lane.
I mean power is good and all but its how fast the car goes not the power. Susupension and chassis rigidity have everything to do with a good ride. Seems like the concept of a N/A S2K aint right for u mate. But if u wanna turbo come down to our workshop as I have said in another thread, Adrian will fix u up. He turboed a S2K in 1999. One of the, if not the first, S2K turboes in Oz. Punched over $300kw and was a daily driver. Smooth as when it roared passed the round about in Bondi.
Wun get into the details of the mods here but if u are interested come down to TODA Racing. Its in Ingleburn on Williamson Avenue, industrial area.

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

stevharr
20-02-2006, 08:48 PM
I am in the process of turbo charging my S2000, the kit cost me $4000 US + 550cc injectors and AEM-EMS another $1800 US + f****** import tax another 800 AU. So in all $9000 AU approx.
Product Overview: Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold
T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo
Turbo efficient to 450hp
Rev Hard Intercooler 28x6.5x3
TiAL 38mm External Wastegate
Vortech Blow Off Valve
2.25" Aluminized Mandrel Bent Piping
2.5" Downpipe
Billet Map Diffuser (check valve)
Rev Hard FC (Fuel Controller)
Silicone Hoses & Clamps
Steel Braided -3 Oil Line
Oil Return Line
Oil Filter Relocation Kit
High Pressure Fuel Line
High Pressure Silicon Hose
Necessary Vacuum Tee's
Necessary Vacuum Lines

I am taking it to Toda Racing tomorrow and Adrian will be fitting the turbo and doing the tuning. Not quite sure what the resulting power will be, but from what I have heard Adrian is the best man for the job and will get the most out of the setup without making undrivable.

toE
21-02-2006, 10:41 AM
I am in the process of turbo charging my S2000, the kit cost me $4000 US + 550cc injectors and AEM-EMS another $1800 US + f****** import tax another 800 AU. So in all $9000 AU approx.
Product Overview: Rev Hard Cast Iron Manifold
T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo
Turbo efficient to 450hp
Rev Hard Intercooler 28x6.5x3
TiAL 38mm External Wastegate
Vortech Blow Off Valve
2.25" Aluminized Mandrel Bent Piping
2.5" Downpipe
Billet Map Diffuser (check valve)
Rev Hard FC (Fuel Controller)
Silicone Hoses & Clamps
Steel Braided -3 Oil Line
Oil Return Line
Oil Filter Relocation Kit
High Pressure Fuel Line
High Pressure Silicon Hose
Necessary Vacuum Tee's
Necessary Vacuum Lines

I am taking it to Toda Racing tomorrow and Adrian will be fitting the turbo and doing the tuning. Not quite sure what the resulting power will be, but from what I have heard Adrian is the best man for the job and will get the most out of the setup without making undrivable.

You should do a base run first, get your power figures and then after the turbo install, do another power run on the same dyno to see how much power you've made ;)

Good luck with it all though :thumbsup:

blusir2
21-02-2006, 10:50 AM
You should do a base run first, get your power figures and then after the turbo install, do another power run on the same dyno to see how much power you've made ;)

Good luck with it all though :thumbsup:

That will be done at the workshop. Thats what we always do. Power run of before and after. Becoz watever a turbo kit says its all talk until u get it on the dyno. U'll have soo much more torque it'll feel like the wheels wanna rip off from the car. U'll love it mate. U wun get that lag and bogging down feeling like i get now when i take off from the lights.
We'll see how it goes. I'll come in on the weekend to see your car mate. Hope everything is done by then.

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

kostaki
22-02-2006, 10:01 AM
just a question, if i was to go foward and turbo a s2k, can Toda supply all the parts for me? I have noticed that everyone that has done the turbo conversion on the s2k has purchased the turbo kits from the USA.

Because I dont feel comfortable in ordering a kit suited for a LHD s2k. Whats the best way to go about it from scratch, keeping in mind its a complete stocker s2k.

stevharr
22-02-2006, 10:21 AM
just a question, if i was to go foward and turbo a s2k, can Toda supply all the parts for me? I have noticed that everyone that has done the turbo conversion on the s2k has purchased the turbo kits from the USA.

Because I dont feel comfortable in ordering a kit suited for a LHD s2k. Whats the best way to go about it from scratch, keeping in mind its a complete stocker s2k.

I understand your reservations. I took mine to Toda yesterday, by friday Adrian will have finished it so I will be able to tell you if he had any issues. The Rev Hard kit was the only one I could find that was custom made for the S2000. The main problem is that the steering column is where the manifold and turbo sit, Adrian took a look at the kit and said that "There may need to be a few minor mods but nothing that should be too difficult"
At least if he gets the kit working, you'll know he'll be able to do yours too.

dragons2k
23-02-2006, 07:02 AM
i think stock S2K is fast enough.. faster then S15 stock.. but turbo will be a nice but power to weight ratio will be farked :)

stevharr
24-02-2006, 10:01 AM
ok the manifold was actually touching the steering column and needs to be replaced, so don't buy a revhard kit cuz it don't fit!!

kostaki
24-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Does That Mean That You've Wasted Your Money?

Can Toda Do Anything With The Rev Hard Kit You Bought?

stevharr
24-02-2006, 10:16 AM

No it's not a waste of money, cuz most of the kit will fit. It just means that a custom made manifold has to be fitted so that the steering column is not compromised - just adding to the cost..

stevharr
24-02-2006, 11:10 AM

Just spoken with Adrian and replacing the manifold will solve all the problems, so the kit is an option, but you will need to get a new manifold. Toda will be able to do all that for you. Aus2000 got a kit from the US that fitted without the need for any modifications, he got it from www.lovefab.com, but it's more expensive than mine, even after getting a new manifold

RyDC5S
26-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Keep us posted with your project mate.

I'm looking to get a S2000 later on.

Omotesando
06-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Haha, you totalled your 12.9s S15 (not that fast by S15 standards by the way) and now want to get an S2000 and turbo it again when you get the license back? Great courage...!

The S2000 is a nice balanced piece of equipment, it is nimble and turns in well. The S15 in comparison is slightly rear biased for drifting and the extra torque from the turbo helps it drift.

I don't really think a Turboed or Supercharged S2000 is the way to go to be honest, like someone said the best mods to do are Exhausts, Tuning and Final Gear Ratio and possibly lightened flywheel. This would be in the 13's already.

But please drive safely on the road, I am in fear of my life sometimes driving on the streets.

The idiot who bought my modded then slightly demodded again S15 also happened to 'totalled' it within a few days of getting it off my hands - whereas I have been driving it for nearly 3 years without any accidents for a reason. Don't drive fast on the road.