PDA

View Full Version : narva light... any good?

twing
18-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi all,

Is narva light any good? Repco sells them with 5300K light output. Thinking to get that rather than *expensive* HID.

|N|
18-02-2006, 10:05 AM
they ll neva be close to the brightness to HID... but on the other hand they r alot cheaper....

underc35a
18-02-2006, 02:42 PM
IMO they are not worth the money your much better off buying stock bulbs. My friend has those lights you mentioned and the output is laughable.

aaronng
18-02-2006, 03:05 PM
They are not as bright as stock halogens, no matter what the brand (with the same power rating). They are also not as bright as HIDs. But since you need auto levellers and spray washers for HIDs, then you have not much choice.

Narva is an ok brand. Not outstanding. It doesn't last as long as Philips or Osram. Also, coloured/white bulbs tend to burn out quicker for some reason too. I have no idea why since they should be the same as normal halogens but with a blue filter. But they do burn out quicker.

DJIntegr8
19-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I think the reason they burn out quicker is because the filament is made to work harder to try and produce the same amount of light. I run the Narva Plus50 bulbs which are probably a better option than the blue ones. Definately more light on the road than stock bulbs. If you have a look at the writing on the metal base of the bulb, they are exactly the same as the Osram Silverstars.

twing
19-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Plus50.. that's the one i'm thinking to get. DJ, do you have a pix of ur car at night?.