PDA

View Full Version : Modding an accord euro

Faiz
13-04-2004, 08:46 AM
well i dont know nothing about modding...... i dont even know what the god damn word means except it makes your car go faster? i need some thing that would make the accord euro accelerate faster. ive seen people who have moded there car and it is very loud for some reason. if modding is gona make my car loud and reck the engine than no thanks but if its only a lil part that makes the engine perform better without changing anythingin the car... than im happy;. As i said the prob is i dont know nothing about modding. can any one please explain the advantages and disadvantages. And how it works and what happens.

Thanks in advance
Faiz.H.M :D

BTW lovin the car :)

EuroAccord13
13-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Glad you like your car dude :)

One thing I've learnt about modding cars... be prepared for any possible bad outcomes.. i.e risks...

Honda will void warranty in relation to the parts you modify as well as if the part is the cause of a certain damage to another component.

I don't think I know of anything that can make a car faster without changing anything but I know removing stuffs in the car will make it go faster :P....

Basic modifications like filter, exhaust change will not wreck the car... This form the basics of N/A mods and it should preferably be performed first.

If you want to maintain the quietness of the car and yet make it go a tiny little bit faster, install a VAFCii or an ECU of some kind.

Finally.. it also comes down to the bling bling... :D

Pros : Be part of the Modified Car scene, Faster car :D, better handling if you choose to modify the springs, shocks, strut and sway bars..

Cons : Insurance company will hate you (not including Just Cars), Honda Australia will hate you :P, Cops will love to stop you :P...

Hope this helps.. :D :D

CHEERS
Nick

juve
13-04-2004, 11:11 AM
sorry to be off topic.. but did you get the car already?

man that was quick... decided to buy it yesterday and already got it!

fantastic.. enjoy.

A'PEXi
13-04-2004, 11:39 AM
a link to euroaccords filter mod which you could do for a start :D

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4691&start=15

Faiz
13-04-2004, 01:56 PM
i dont get one thing said in the link :| as i said i know notin about modding :oops:

Slugoid
13-04-2004, 02:27 PM
If u know nothing about modding, then u should learn more about how your car works first (i.e. how an engine works, how cam works, how VTEC operates etc.). Read some car magazines (not Hot4's :P) and see what other have done to their rides.

Most important of all, making car go faster is modding. Fully sik bodykits and altezza's is not modding :D

Modding depends on car and most important of all, money. Generally, the gain is linear; the more money you spend, the faster you will go. That's also provided that u choose the right parts and not just buy what's the most expensive stuff out there.

Anyway, happy modding :) . I won't be spending a cent on my shopping-trolly spec Accord Euro.

yfin
13-04-2004, 03:04 PM
In terms of acceleration - I have seen good results from switching to lightweight rims and tyres.

This mod also preserves the factory warranty (if you stick to same overall diameter) and does not increase noise.

Oh - and it also makes the car look better.

yfin
13-04-2004, 03:05 PM
In terms of acceleration - I have seen good results from switching to lightweight rims and tyres.

This mod also preserves the factory warranty (if you stick to same overall diameter) and does not increase noise.

Oh - and it also makes the car look better.

toE
14-04-2004, 12:46 AM
just paint it red!! :P

nah..seriously, before you do any mods, i'd advise you to read up on the mechanics of an engine first. do some research. read more, then do more research. :) get the hint??

it would be satisfactory for a beginner, as yourself, to actually know what "mod" you have done to your car to actually improve on its performance. my 2c.

EuroAccord13
14-04-2004, 05:33 AM
And if you are too lazy to read... just ask here :P

But seriously, like toE said, read and find out what the different parts of the car do and what will modifying a part do. Read up magazines like SPEED, HotFours and FastFours, they are quite informative. But do however recommend that you read up on all the issues of SPEED you can find as they cover different components in each issue. They once even did a report on modifying VTEC engines.

The Euro is still a new car and alot of parts are still in development by various tuning workshops around the World and that currently leads to higher prices for parts. It will start to ease off when more variaties come out for the car.

So far, the Yanks seems to have more parts available for the car than their Japanese counterparts..

CHEERS
Nick

Faiz
14-04-2004, 11:39 AM
thanks again guys fr your advice. you guys are very friendly here :D which is a good thing ofcourse. What about turbos? like tiwn turbo etc? are even mods and make the car sound louder?. I dot want to remove any parts from my car to make it go faster, and not make it loud and go groooooooom grooom like that. just install someting to make it faster thats its. but from what i ahve heard thats not possible?

toE
14-04-2004, 12:38 PM
turbocharging any car is possible, provided you have the $$$ :)

about the grooooooom groooom thingie...well...err...u phobic bout getting married?? hehe... the only logical audible thing i can think of that sounds like what you are talking about is probably the exhaust system.

basically, the exhaust sounds louder than standard, for any car, is due to better flow of exhaust gases. hence, car manufacturers design catalytic convertor (also for emissions law) and mufflers to provide the consumer with the best possible exhaust system for the car and the environment.

check www.howstuffworks.com to read up. its a very educational website. teaches you and shows you the basic workings of an engine, etc.

there are more and more aftermarket parts for the euro nowadays. just read up on stuff, have a look and if you see something you like that can be fitted to your car, come back to us and maybe we mite be able to help you out then.

VTEC16
14-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Manufacturers make cars to be quiet, fuel efficient and comfortable. Modifiers generally sacrifice these qualities to make their cars more powerful and handle better.

What you are asking for is virtually impossible, or at least it would be VERY expensive for the minimal (if any gains you would reap).

Im not sure if getting cams, cam gears, increased compression and an ECU would give you much more power if you didnt have i/h/e (intake/exhaust/header)...but those things probably wouldnt make your car louder (the i/h/e would).