PDA

View Full Version : Dumb q of the day.. how to remove steering wheel

Dxs
18-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Ok i have removed steering wheels in the past on nissans etc..

but never a honda..

i have an ef8 and there was one screw at the back of the wheel.. so i remove this and then tried to pull the horn cover thing off but no luck..

any trick to it??

just need it off

i have an EF8

bennjamin
18-02-2006, 10:10 PM
dont u just shimmy in a flathead screwdriver behind the H embelem...behind that is the 19mm nut holding the wheel on ( if its anything like the EG)

aimre
19-02-2006, 01:35 AM
thats how it worked on my old ed. the emblem comes off. btw, i think this is the first reply off a PSP! :)

wynode
19-02-2006, 11:38 AM
ohh PSP nice...... :p

No airbag on there right?

SPEEDCORE
19-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah if there is no airbag then go right ahead....

Just a little tip..... loosen the nut but do not remove it entirely. Then start to pull on the wheel intill it comes loose and then remove the nut and slide it off.

You'll thank me for the tip when you don't end up with a semi black eye from the steering wheel hitting you across the bridge of the nose. :o Don't ask..... it was back in the days of my '71 Capri

Zdster
19-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Yeah if there is no airbag then go right ahead....

Just a little tip..... loosen the nut but do not remove it entirely. Then start to pull on the wheel intill it comes loose and then remove the nut and slide it off.

You'll thank me for the tip when you don't end up with a semi black eye from the steering wheel hitting you across the bridge of the nose. :o Don't ask..... it was back in the days of my '71 Capri\

Good tip :thumbsup:.

If you need to remove an airbag then cant you remove the wheel all in one shot?

Dxs
20-02-2006, 11:59 AM
ok cheers guys..

what i used to do was recline the seat all the way back.. so when i pull the wheel off with massive force i just kinda fall back instead of hitting myself in the face

:p

EuroDude
20-02-2006, 12:02 PM
If there's an air bag, its illegal to replace the steering wheel with a momo, right?

bennjamin
20-02-2006, 12:09 PM
If there's an air bag, its illegal to replace the steering wheel with a momo, right?

yup

but i dont think EDs/EF's ever came with airbag steering wheels - so this shouldnt be a problem.

SPEEDCORE
20-02-2006, 01:35 PM
ok cheers guys..
what i used to do was recline the seat all the way back.. so when i pull the wheel off with massive force i just kinda fall back instead of hitting myself in the face:p

Hahahaha! :D