PDA

View Full Version : What oil to use in 320,000 CB7

amato2
19-02-2006, 09:00 PM
well as you can tell the car has done quiet alot of km's and i want to put some good quality oil in it now...as it hasent had a proper service in over 20,000 km's

we just use the car more and more without doing anything to it....i thought now i should service it more reguarly so we can see if it goes to 400,000km and more

aaronng
19-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Use the same oil that you've been using so far. And don't go for oils thinner than your current one. Most oils I've seen for older engines have been mineral oils or semi-synthetics.

ECU-MAN
20-02-2006, 07:28 PM
make sure you change your oil every 5k, and never let it go for 20k on an old engine like that.

F22 have a habit of building up vegimite in the engine if you dont change the oil.

check this out.

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/temp/F22A9-Sludge-2.jpg

amato2
20-02-2006, 08:48 PM
man thats looks so yuk how can an engine even work like that.....LOL i know mine has done heaps of k's and i havent noticed any differences in the engine at all no power loss or rough running the only reason im doing the oil change is because i believe that it needs new oil occasionally...

is there any chemical way of getting ride of that veggiemite stuff, or do u have to physically open up the engine and clean it out

spanks
21-02-2006, 10:07 PM
man thats looks so yuk how can an engine even work like that.....LOL i know mine has done heaps of k's and i havent noticed any differences in the engine at all no power loss or rough running the only reason im doing the oil change is because i believe that it needs new oil occasionally...

is there any chemical way of getting ride of that veggiemite stuff, or do u have to physically open up the engine and clean it out

F22s usually stop running soon after that stage..they normally snap the camshaft at number 1 journal....if you try to get rid all that "vegemite stuff" it will block the oil pick-up in the sump and then destroy the whole thing..keeping in mind it is already throughout the entire oiling system...C25 and C27 engine suffered badly from this,but only when fitted to Hondas..these engines in the Rover 8 series never seemed to have a problem..but they also have much bigger radiators in them so the question has to be asked.Are the Legend engines running just that little bit too warm..

ACTI0NMAN-1
21-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I think i have seen that engine on rate-my-poo.com :)

ECU-MAN
21-02-2006, 10:39 PM
F22s usually stop running soon after that stage..they normally snap the camshaft at number 1 journal....if you try to get rid all that "vegemite stuff" it will block the oil pick-up in the sump and then destroy the whole thing..keeping in mind it is already throughout the entire oiling system...C25 and C27 engine suffered badly from this,but only when fitted to Hondas..these engines in the Rover 8 series never seemed to have a problem..but they also have much bigger radiators in them so the question has to be asked.Are the Legend engines running just that little bit too warm..

nope

its the owners