PDA

View Full Version : problem with new POD

n/a
20-02-2006, 11:47 AM
hey guys, i had a POD put into my car with an aliminium airbox so it's 100% legal. but the problem is that it keeps chirping like a cricket at around 3k rpm..

anyone know what could be the problem? i've got PVC piping from my OEM intake arm with clamps, not a "perfect" fit but it's tight.

EuroDude
20-02-2006, 11:55 AM
lol yeah I think that happens on all pods - it happened to mine too.

I think the only way to avoid it is by enclosing the pod in a box of some sort to muffle the noise.

n/a
20-02-2006, 12:04 PM
even with the airbox i can still hear the cricket.. so i was thinking that it was my piping.. maybe a loose joint?

bennjamin
20-02-2006, 12:10 PM
theres a hole somewhere u missed. Make sure the cam-cover intake hose (comes off the intake arm to the cam cover) is securely fastened too.

n/a
20-02-2006, 01:26 PM
thats what i was thinking but the PVC piping is done proper from the POD itself with clamps, the intake arm isn't.. i've fastened the intake arm with 60mm PVC piping and a clamp too, i think thats where my cricket is hiding..

haiz
20-02-2006, 01:37 PM
dw its nothing, im pretty sure its just the rush of air coming into the POD, whilst the POD tries to cope with the amount of air flowing into it, it tends to chirp. Im pretty sure most people with CAIs or even just PODs with high flow amount have the same problem. no need to worry mate..my car with a CAI installed still chirps (a high pitch cricket chirp) yeah around 3-4krpm.

ITEAZR
20-02-2006, 02:11 PM
u got a pik of ur set up????

n/a
20-02-2006, 10:59 PM
haiz : you sure it's normal? never really heard any other pod's chirp.

ITEAZR : i do but it doesn't really show the setup much, i'll re-take some pics and upload them.

MrJDMCivic
20-02-2006, 11:43 PM
dude, if you have a cheap pod, it will cause restricktion, i know this from mucking around with pods. and that will cause a whitle.