PDA

View Full Version : change from kmh to mph

stevharr
20-02-2006, 08:33 PM
How can you switch between mph and kph, the console looks like it does both? Is it possible?

AusS2000
24-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Not on an Aus S2000. Australian Design Rules say a speedometer must not be able to display MPH. Canadian S2000s switch at the press of a button.

stevharr
24-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Not on an Aus S2000. Australian Design Rules say a speedometer must not be able to display MPH. Canadian S2000s switch at the press of a button.
Is there No way? I'm a pom and I'll be taking the car back with me when I eventually outstay my welcome in Oz :) In order to be able to register it, It will need to be able to do both.

VTi_b0i
24-02-2006, 10:59 AM
how much would it cost to ship a car to england? as i want to do the same thing when i go to england to be a pro footballer ;)

stevharr
24-02-2006, 11:01 AM
how much would it cost to ship a car to england? as i want to do the same thing when i go to england to be a pro footballer ;)
about three grand

AusS2000
24-02-2006, 11:04 AM
You could buy a Euro or Canadian cluster. I don't think there is much problem installing it. Just be aware that the mileage is stored in the cluster so it won't be correct.

I have no idea how hard it is to take a car to the UK but it is almost impossible to bring one into Aus.

VTi_b0i - I've seen Footballer's Wives. You should just give me your S for parts and buy a Bentley when you get there.

VTi_b0i
24-02-2006, 11:09 AM
LOL i dont have an s2k but i would take my EH sedan with me cause i love it and it would be the only b18c powered civic sedan around :p unless its as common of there as it is here haha

stevharr
24-02-2006, 11:18 AM
You could buy a Euro or Canadian cluster. I don't think there is much problem installing it. Just be aware that the mileage is stored in the cluster so it won't be correct.

I have no idea how hard it is to take a car to the UK but it is almost impossible to bring one into Aus.

VTi_b0i - I've seen Footballer's Wives. You should just give me your S for parts and buy a Bentley when you get there.

Actually it's really easy to import cars into the UK. As long as you've owned the car for more than six months there is no import tax or VAT to pay, the main obstacle is registration. The car has to meet UK standards before they will register it. So the speedometer has to be able to display miles and km, the number plate has to be replaced for correct size and many other silly rules. I've heard from others that have done the same thing that the DVLA can be really anal about the whole thing. But as long as you do everything that they ask they have to register it.

I'll just have to make sure that I get a cluster with low mileage :D

VTi_b0i
24-02-2006, 11:21 AM
lol its easy for me, u can just replace my guages with ones from the states or sumthin and thats done...i am unsure about other things... have to change the tyres and plates and have it taken over the pits or sumthin?

stevharr
24-02-2006, 11:24 AM
LOL i dont have an s2k but i would take my EH sedan with me cause i love it and it would be the only b18c powered civic sedan around :p unless its as common of there as it is here haha

Actually Modified cars are really rare in England. I have no idea why. Perhaps because it's so hard to get insurance (which is compulsary by law in the UK)

VTi_b0i
24-02-2006, 11:26 AM
lol yehh i noticed... i was there for 6weeks and only saw like 3 modded cars... and even they werent modded that much.... i could win shows HAHAHA

AusS2000
24-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Will you have to remove the turbo?

I know of a couple of turbo Ss in England and I sold my SC to a guy in the UK.

stevharr
24-02-2006, 11:30 AM
lol yehh i noticed... i was there for 6weeks and only saw like 3 modded cars... and even they werent modded that much.... i could win shows HAHAHA

I must see three modded cars every minute here

stevharr
24-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Will you have to remove the turbo?

I know of a couple of turbo Ss in England and I sold my SC to a guy in the UK.

I never said that there aren't any modified cars, just that it's not as common as here. There are no laws about importing modified cars, so the turbo will not have to be removed.

AusS2000
24-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I didn't say you did. I was just referring to the import requirements. It's virtually impossible to import a modified car into Australia. Wondered if it was the same in England.