PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Lude H23 comp problems [HELP]

LO_N_SXC
21-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey guys I'm posting on behalf of a mate who owns a 92 non Vtec Lude, My mate told me that his problem started while he was driving down the freeway at normal speed, next thing he hears the engine making clcking sounds then it stalls! wtf??? he got the car towed home and tried starting the engine it started but making alot of clicking metalic sounds inside the engine then it stalled once again??????

I assumed that mabe he had droped a valve or brokn a roker arm or something simillar but without pulling the head off the engine of performing something simillar there really is no way of knowing what went wrong??
that weekend we took it down to my other friends warehouse for him to have a look, he perfomed a Compression test and cyl 1,2 are ok then 3,4 have 30psi less????? I suspected rings but my friend says he's never seen smoke come out the back since he bought the car which was only 4months ago.....

Real confused??? :confused: we have been thinking on pulling off the sump to see if there could be any damage on the bottom end but my mate was or is going to take care of that but not sure if he already has???

any suggestions?

Alex

spanks
21-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Is there any oil leaks? Have seen a few F22 engine snap cranks at the end of the journals..depending on how far down the crank the crack is they do sometimes keep running..albiet with a rather nasty miss/noise..

LO_N_SXC
22-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Nope no leaks wat so ever, I havent seen or heard the car while its runinig so I cant really give and indication on what it runs like, I'm just going by what my friends descriptions were, since we have taken the car to my mates warehouse lost of bits and pieces have been taken off like dizzy cap etc etc so I cant really tell how it may behave once its cranked up.

my assumptions are that either it could be a dropped valve, some problem in the bottom end like mentioned by spanks or other???????

I haven't had much experience with the Non Vtec Lude engine so any help is highly apreciated.

Alex

ECU-MAN
22-02-2006, 11:06 PM
check the valve timming

the belt might be loose and you have jumped teeth, then bent valves

thats why there would be no oil burnt

F22 have some problems with the bottom end if the engine has been neglected

LO_N_SXC
23-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Well well we found the problem! its a Spun bearing on the #3 piston might need to get that looked in to much better but all depending on the $$$ flow from my mates wallet!

SKREMN
23-02-2006, 04:51 PM
how will the spin bearing reduce the comp?

LO_N_SXC
27-02-2006, 10:22 AM
how will the spin bearing reduce the comp?
because now there is a gap between the crank and the con rod so the piston anit coming all the way up the cylinder as oposed to when the bearing was in place, that is the reason for the comp being so low.

now that we know what the problem is he's looking at geeting the thing re-built and might even throw in some goodies in it while he's at it, like cams, head work etc etc....