PDA

View Full Version : radiator help

2MPRSS
13-04-2004, 06:58 PM
hello people i just got my car from S$%T box to a standard d16y freshly serviced, BUT just over 2 hours ago i got my new set of rims and i just wanted to give them a little run down the street and back(about 100m)coz i missed VTEC.i gave it preety hard and then when i hit 3rd it sounded as if my car had a blow off and made a preety loud noise i was like wtf and then smoke started coming out of my grill on my bonet looked preety cool though but still i was worried and i poped my hood and looked abit confused coz i dont realy know much about cars and my radiator wasnt working.i think the cooler was avoparating with all that cooling liques (its pink)im confused anybody can help a newbi? thank yous all veryy much.

madgrk
13-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Do you know how to do a full stop at all or maybe a bit of a comma so we can all understand it?

So I think you got your car back from a service, and the radiator started leaking coolant? You sure you have the radiator cap on? Since its an EG, the hoses could be quite old and might be brittle.. Run some soapy water over the ones coming/exiting from the radiator and see if any bubbles come out. That'll tell you to change your hose :)

PS: PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE put in some dots and commas dude :P

Nuttz
13-04-2004, 09:11 PM
pink?? coolant is usually green. is the liquid oily or wattery?

pink could be transmision fluid ..

I dunno.. sorry cant help at all :)

2MPRSS
14-04-2004, 10:19 AM
its ok and yeh its pink

bennjamin
14-04-2004, 11:09 AM
pink sounds more like power steering fluid or something or clutch lol...like a dot 3 or 4 fluid - depends upon what brand u use i suppose....

I really doubt u "overheated" your radiator in that short space of time - sounds like more something else inside has given way due to teh stress of you severly mis-shifting - maybe clutch or somewhere in transmission or powersteering has blown thru....if it was ur radiator it woudl be GREEN fluid leakin out. ( just i hope to god u DIDNT put dot4 in ur radiator....)

TAKE it back if u can to the mechanic and get him to check it ASAP - and DONT "rev it to vee teek".

Chi
14-04-2004, 11:18 AM
I think it might be his clutch or gear box, i went over last night to look at it, the gear box movements are very stiff with the clutch down.

The radiator seems to be fine.

Weq
14-04-2004, 12:00 PM
What is the makeup of the fluid? gearbox fluid is very Oily and thick. Radiator fluid is justs like water. Can u get a picture of the engine bay? I really doubt that u were spewing gearbox fluid allover the place, it means u would of had to crack ur bellhousing.

EG5
14-04-2004, 12:45 PM
did u rev your engine while its on Cold ? probably thats why .
only rev hard when your engine is on normal operating temperature

fueltank
14-04-2004, 03:19 PM
power steering or the air-con fluid?

2MPRSS
14-04-2004, 07:08 PM
i went to the mechanics the guy said my radiator needs cleaning profesionaly or sumthing :S if its too dirty im geting a 2nd hand one the guy also said that something that tels the radiator to start working must be blocked or not working im not sure wat its called but it sounded like thermometer lol

2MPRSS
14-04-2004, 07:09 PM
i went to the mechanics the guy said my radiator needs cleaning profesionaly or sumthing :S if its too dirty im geting a 2nd hand one the guy also said that something that tels the radiator to start working must be blocked or not working im not sure wat its called but it sounded like thermometer lol

Nuttz
15-04-2004, 12:37 AM
thermostat??? sounds a bit dodgy that he has to "professionally clean" your radiator.. maybe have a look inside your radiator yourslef when engine is cold..

firstly see if there is the green water in it
then see if it kind of thick or has build up at all. If it does then it needs a clean. but depending on how bad... may just need a flush.

but then again thats funny cos if its pink fluid that should have nothing to do with cooling....unless your car used to have red coolant???? which ive seen toyotas have.

2MPRSS
15-04-2004, 04:37 PM
he said it dont matter wat color it is and the pipe that is ment to tell the radiator to turn on because the engine is heating up is COLD he said something is blocking it or the thermostat isnt working some sh%t liek that