PDA

View Full Version : advice needed to buy accord?

game_accord
21-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey guys will be looking to purchase a 93 to 96 honda accord probably a VTi-s, was wondering is there any problems or what too look out for in case I am buying a dud. Also which year model is the best to buy?

Budget is max 9k.

Any other advice will be noted thanks.

ECU-MAN
21-02-2006, 09:37 PM
been covered a few times before,

use the search feature to see what comes up

spanks
21-02-2006, 10:00 PM
97 is best model to get..comes with factory immobiliser as standard..ABS modulator seems to be the biggest problem with model..early ones did have severe piston noise due to a lack of hardening in the manufactering process..bit like the piston problems on the chev v8s in the commodores but no where near as widely known..

PeZ
22-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Realistically, no matter what model you buy, they are all well built. Just look out for any usual tell tail signs that she has been flogged, neglected etc

Xplodin
22-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Well being in the market for a car not long ago, The main thing is to try and find a car that has low Ks and full service history, If the car had been in an accident make sure that there is nothing wrong with the body or engine ie. Rust. Ask questions and tones of it, get the seller on the spot and watch his body language cos he could be lying.

Last but not least be patient the car will come to you. Dont rush things or you'll get a dud. Remember the Seller wats to sell his car and will do anything and everything to hide things from you.

As for which model to go for, If your going to a CD5 go for the series II (Minor Cosmetic changes, Rear Tail lights, Front Grill Etc.) because all the bugs would have been ironed out by this model. Either VTi or EXi which ever equipment level your after but with VTi-S is the top of the line model and could cost you a bit, or have High Kms. Power wise, the VTi and VTi-S both have the F22B1 VTEC engine but very little power gain. EXi has the F22B3 Non-VTEC. The VTEC Engine has 107kw At the Flywheel and the Non VTEC has 103kw. Just FYI I've got the non VTEC and Haiz(forum member) got a Teggy VTI-R 1.8lt VTEC, and i kept up with him with no problems. So F22B3 Aint that bad at all.

Anyways Hope that helps you. Good luck and when you get one you'll have to post pics up :D

razaman
22-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Power wise, the VTi and VTi-S both have the F22B1 VTEC engine but very little power gain. EXi has the F22B3 Non-VTEC. The VTEC Engine has 107kw At the Flywheel and the Non VTEC has 103kw.

Yeah the extra power in the B1 doesn't make much difference as the higher spec models weight more.

In 1994 the NZ spec accords weighed, from honda specs:

LXi Manual - 1220kg
LXi Auto - 1300kg

EXi Manual - 1280kg
EXi Auto - 1320kg

EXiS Manual - 1310kg
EXiS Auto - 1340kg

VTI-S Manual- Not listed
VTI-S Auto - 1360kg

140kg's difference between a LXi and a VTI-S is pretty big!

Raz (just some useless info!:p)

h22a accord
25-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Well being in the market for a car not long ago, The main thing is to try and find a car that has low Ks and full service history, If the car had been in an accident make sure that there is nothing wrong with the body or engine ie. Rust. Ask questions and tones of it, get the seller on the spot and watch his body language cos he could be lying.

Last but not least be patient the car will come to you. Dont rush things or you'll get a dud. Remember the Seller wats to sell his car and will do anything and everything to hide things from you.

As for which model to go for, If your going to a CD5 go for the series II (Minor Cosmetic changes, Rear Tail lights, Front Grill Etc.) because all the bugs would have been ironed out by this model. Either VTi or EXi which ever equipment level your after but with VTi-S is the top of the line model and could cost you a bit, or have High Kms. Power wise, the VTi and VTi-S both have the F22B1 VTEC engine but very little power gain. EXi has the F22B3 Non-VTEC. The VTEC Engine has 107kw At the Flywheel and the Non VTEC has 103kw. Just FYI I've got the non VTEC and Haiz(forum member) got a Teggy VTI-R 1.8lt VTEC, and i kept up with him with no problems. So F22B3 Aint that bad at all.

Anyways Hope that helps you. Good luck and when you get one you'll have to post pics up :D

Thats some real good info mate . PQ point.

game_accord
02-03-2006, 01:32 AM
thanx guys, this forum and feedback help me out alot.