PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a workshop in Melbourne

jenova
19-09-2003, 11:56 AM
hi all, I am a honda newbie from melbourne. I just bought a header for my teg 8) and I am looking for a workshop to install them for me.

can u guys recommend some workshops that is familiar with honda cars and charge a reasonable price, oh and do a good job as well? Preferably the ones that u have personal experience.

jenova
22-09-2003, 09:04 AM
No one mod their cars here? :(

vti-2
22-09-2003, 12:54 PM
You could try ART who have done a lot of Honda's. There are heaps of workshops out there, most decent exhaust places will be able to fit the headers as it isn't that hard. You just need to be careful when setting up a full exhaust system and if isn't designed properly you will end up losing power not gaining.

accordpwr
22-09-2003, 07:50 PM
exhaust shops should be able to do the job just as good and cheaper as well.

vti-2
22-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Where abouts in Melbourne are you jenova???

jenova
23-09-2003, 11:05 AM
I just wanted to bring to places where they have experience in honda cars. I know any exhaust shop should be able to do it but it will be good if someone have positive experience with any workshop and willing to share them here.

BTW, I am in city area but I am willing to travel to get a good service. And how much it usually cost for installing header?

PS: is ART in Fairfield area?

BMTDC2
23-09-2003, 02:54 PM
We have a wide range of aftermarket exhaust systems and we also fabricate our own systems using 304 grade stainless steel with professional TIG welding. Installtation shouldnt be a problem if thats what your looking for.

If your are interested if your car has made any performance gain, we could arrange a before and after power run of your vehicle on our DynoLogic Dyno.

jenova
24-09-2003, 12:22 PM
U guys open on saturday? And how much am I looking at to get it install?

vti-2
24-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Why don't you call and find out? :P

jenova
25-09-2003, 12:14 PM
ok will do that, just being lazy. :lol:

CKY
26-09-2003, 11:57 PM
hi all, I am a honda newbie from melbourne. I just bought a header for my teg 8) and I am looking for a workshop to install them for me.

can u guys recommend some workshops that is familiar with honda cars and charge a reasonable price, oh and do a good job as well? Preferably the ones that u have personal experience.

Hey there jenova
There is a bloke out in Cheltenham. His name is Mark Cravino from Bay Rd Exhaust
304 Bay Rd Cheltenham 3192. 9585 4833
He services my DC2R and many other guys cars from the HSCCV, Honda Sports Car Club Victoria. Very experienced with Hondas especially the R and s2000. He is well knwon to club members in Melbourne as he is GTP driver, Davis Woods mechanic. David has raced the DC2 Type R and s2000 in many events nationally.

Aussie_ITR-0239
28-10-2003, 11:30 PM
I 2nd CKY's suggestion of Mark Cravino @ 'Bay Road Exhaust'.... he's been servicing my car for just over a year now and does a great job!! :D

Just to ram home what CKY said - Mark.C was a mechanic on GTP driver Dave Woods' 2000 ITR, his 2001 S2K and his 2002 WRX STi.... so he certainly knows what he is doing and how to 'tweak' them (engine, supsension etc) well. 8)

Tell him RB1 and RB2 (his nicknames for us = Rice Boy 1&2).... recommended you from a Honda website and I'm sure he'll look after you guys.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wNTMzNzA2czQxM2RmZDMxeTU0MQ%3D%3D

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTg4OTczNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

BLKCRX
29-10-2003, 12:21 PM
I recommend Adrian from Razz Tech Performance in Thomastown, He built my car, and many other race street car’s, and currently holds the title for building the fastest Honda in Victoria (my car), Adrian has the best welding ability iv ever seen, both tig mig oxy and arch stainless steel or mild steel, he’s totally flexible, and his engineering side of his work is always extreme, his family has been involved in the f1 racing scene for years with his dad a ex mclaren f1 engineer and mechanic, so he comes highly recommended in the racing scene I would never trust anyone else with my car.

Razz Tech Performance
Adrian
9359 3411
0414 819 805

Regards James

Aussie_ITR-0239
29-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Adrian sounds 8) and certainly someone to see, if I need any fabrication or tuning done!! :)

I remember your car BLKCRX from the meet in early February, this year.... it was both fooking loud and v.faaaaaaaaaast! This is it, if I'm not correct?! :twisted:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTg5NzEwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

PS. When I have more liquid funds available.... I must install 'Hondata'!! :wink:

BLKCRX
30-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Yeah that was my engine bay.. kinda i feel embarrassed about that pic...because it only half finished then... its like half naked !!!!

Here is a more recent pic......but yeah Adrian from Razz Tech = Thumbs UP all the way.. Great service and also a Great guy !!! Not many workshops will work all throughout the nite just to finish a project to meet a deadline and come thought with the goods.

http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmeets/2003/heathcote_03_09/heathcote_03_09_049b.jpg

Regards James

Aussie_ITR-0239
30-10-2003, 08:46 PM
That latest setup (James) is - siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik.............. . fully!! :shock: 8)

b16a_integra
09-11-2003, 09:30 PM
ive found that ART are pretty expensive now, you can find places that do the same stuff cheaper now.

Creative
03-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Yer how much are Razz also?

I was told 800-900 labour alone for a 1" lowering job so Id hate to imagine what thier services are gonna cost.....We dont know the guy like you do BLKCRX, so I doubt we would be getting your prices....:)