PDA

View Full Version : twinloop/canon muffler

typerinside
22-02-2006, 09:20 AM
i have swapped my muffler and put back my twinloop muffler, it use to be canon muffler but it was loud and i want something quieter, in terms of performance theres not much diffrences some say they prefer canon some twinloop coz of the back pressure and sound. any opinions or experinces with this?

STOCK
22-02-2006, 01:10 PM
ive had both... i prefer the twin loop opposed to the cannon. Performance wise there isnt much difference but noise wise the twin loop get the thumbs up

haiz
22-02-2006, 01:35 PM
how does the 5zigen muffler go?

typerinside
22-02-2006, 01:42 PM
i jus got my dc2r back fitted with the twinloop muffler, its so quiete and smoother, feels like im driving a stock, but the only difference i notice is when the vtec kicks in its not as loud with the canon muffler,

quangsta
22-02-2006, 08:13 PM
i jus got my dc2r back fitted with the twinloop muffler, its so quiete and smoother, feels like im driving a stock, but the only difference i notice is when the vtec kicks in its not as loud with the canon muffler,

so you saying that the twinloop muffler is louder than the canon muffler in vtec???

dynasty
22-02-2006, 09:24 PM
here is the problem,before i swapped over to a xforce twinloop, i had a 5 zigen straight through canon, and it was pulling harder during 4500rpm -6800 rpm, but after swapping to xforce, i couldnt feel that pull anymore and the gforce is quite the same in all rpm ranges, it feels i have lost quite a lot of power, both have 2.5' inlet but the xforce was welded crappily onto a 2' pipe with no additional pipe? u noe the one that connects to both 2' outlet from exhaust and into 2.5' inlet onthe muffler. could it be the crappy welding or is xforce twinloop over rated as i heard its suppose to give the same performance as a canon..

typerinside
23-02-2006, 08:06 AM
the reason uv lost power is coz its welded to a 2' inch inlet pipe, for sure u'll lose a lot from that, try getting it rewelded on a 2.5 inlet piping that will make it better,

the vtec is louder on the canon muffler and not in the twinloop, if u want loud vtec go for the canon muffler if u want something smooth and quiete go for the twinloop, u can still here the vtec in the twinloop but not as loud compare to the canon muffler,

typerinside
23-02-2006, 08:08 AM
the reason uv lost power is coz its welded to a 2' inch inlet pipe, for sure u'll lose a lot from that, try getting it rewelded on a 2.5 inlet piping that will make it better,

by the ways the standard inlet piping on a stock dc2r is 2.25', so why welded it to a 2' inlet? get a professional muffler shop to do it,

chai
24-02-2006, 07:44 PM
i get a little rattling sound on my x-fore twin loop. anyone got this? ive had a cannon and a twin loop but i choose the twin loop coz its much more quieter. but then again i rekon the cannon looks heaps better than the twin loop

Limbo
26-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Depends if you can handle the noise and the police harrassment.
The Twinloop will be quieter and stocker looking, you will loose a slight bit up high.
The Canon louder, droning noise, lots of police action but you get better power up high.

You gotta make a choice!

Limbo
26-02-2006, 07:33 PM
i get a little rattling sound on my x-fore twin loop. anyone got this? ive had a cannon and a twin loop but i choose the twin loop coz its much more quieter. but then again i rekon the cannon looks heaps better than the twin loop

Usually seem to get this if you don't get it installed properly with a reasonator.

BiLL|z0r
26-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Any1 got any pics of a twin loop as I've never seen 1 and interested in the shape and design of it?

yourfather
27-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Do a search BiLL|z0r.

traders sell them.

typerinside
27-02-2006, 08:15 AM
u kinda lose a little power on the top end with the twin loop, but in the low revs the twin loop is more responsive compare to the canon muffler, but its really up to you, which one u prefer, canon muffler has lots of power in the top end, but low revs its not responsive, its not much power u lose at the top end with the twin loop prolli 15% only,