PDA

View Full Version : Civic Sport or Accord Euro Std

hondarox
22-02-2006, 07:26 PM
With the release of the new Civic, this must be the dilemma facing Civic Sport buyers. These two cars cost the same (around $36K driveaway for the auto). Which one would you buy and why?

The Accord Euro Std has these advantages over the Civic Sport:
- 2.4L engine plus bigger car
- vehicle stability assist
- both front and rear double wishbone suspensions
- trip computer
- 6 speakers
- Made in Japan quality

The Civic Sport has these advantages over the Accord Euro Std:
- paddle shift on steering wheel
- side curtain airbags
- leather seats
- sunroof
- takes unleaded fuel

Menzy
22-02-2006, 07:29 PM
depends what you want really i went for civic as i like sporty more than cruisy ... but rest is up to you :) hope it helps

what do you like ?

BiLL|z0r
22-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I voted Euro cause dats what I got.

I got the Euro becuase of the power and it's size. I carry computers/servers etc around so wanted something a lil bigger than average. It's very economical on the highway but start stop traffic in the auto lets it down, sooo thirsty compared to the new Civic. If the Civic sport was out however when I bought my Euro I'd be in the same dilema and the fuel, leather, paddle shift and side airbags are very nice options.

marte
22-02-2006, 08:21 PM
got he sports civic :)

Catcha
22-02-2006, 08:28 PM
I reckon it will be a very close call. for the price wise i would be leaning towards a Euro but not seeing a civic in the flesh and driven one, it might be really good

MKI4EVA
22-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Good thread, I'm in the same situation atm.

I'm leaning more towards the euro because I've had long drives in it before and it feel very nice firm and quiet.

I'm test driving the civic this saturday so we'll see how it all turns out.

I'm wishing in the back of my mind that the civic sport would at least have a firmer ride over the others but I doubt that be the case. Sport these days on a car are only that a fark'n name tag and nothing else.

The stability or traction control or what ever it is in the euro is SENSATIONAL! Late last year, I don't know if anyone remembers but there was this one night when it rained and thunderstorm like you wouldn't belive. I took the auto euro out that night and with the wipers on full blast couldn't see 10m infront. It was around 5cm deep water on the road in many spots and going at around 100-120 the euro somehow managed to grip and hold it's line on the road like you wouldn't belive. I thought it was because of the tyres but I guess it was more due to the stability control working overtime.

Does anyone know if the sport has the above feature? A big plus if it does.

With all the features cramed into the civic it takes the weight up to 1290kg(auto). :( :thumbdwn:

One last gripe with it is the output of only 114KW in a 2L DOHC engine.........if anything thats where I feel ripped off most. Specially when we all know the potential of a K20x.

If my woman ends up getting this car and we get bored of it in 6 months I'll start slitting my wrist.

HmmMMm might have to see if theres a CHEAP VW R32 Golf going for 40K out there.

test drove pug 180 tonight and it's not daily commute friendly.

panda[cRx]
22-02-2006, 10:22 PM
working for honda i drive ALL honda's from old shit boxes to all of the current range.

IMO the euro is overrated, YES it is a nice all round package, a good reliable car. however i figure if you are going to bother getting one GET THE LUX!!

i prefer the vti-L or the V6L over the euro, but that's just me

i haven't driven the 06 civics much as of yet but the sport is a nice package, i think bang for buck all of the 06 civics from the vti all the way to the sport or hybrids are GREAT cars :)