PDA

View Full Version : Where to fit amp?

jaffa_cree
22-02-2006, 07:31 PM
In my previous amp installs, i have always had the amp screwed onto the back of the rear seats.

I was thinking about fixing the amp to the sub box but not sure is that a good option.

This time around i really dont want to put holes into the back of the seats.
Where are the places i can affix the amp to?

I dont want to spend huge amounts of money on a custom boot install so what are the options?

dc2r
22-02-2006, 07:38 PM
sub box is fine
otherwise, under one of ur seats...

Enigma
22-02-2006, 07:42 PM
inbuilt a box to fit it in the floor like i did. looks awosome

amato2
22-02-2006, 07:43 PM
yeah id say under the front passenger seat....not the driver seat because if ur like me the electrics under there take up too much space so there is no room for amp......if you dnt like it under the seat on the sub box should be fine

incoming
22-02-2006, 07:46 PM
i wouldnt put amp onto the sub box..
if a theif goes to steal ur subs then they got ur amp too

i wouldnt put it under the seat because amps run pretty hot when used on long driving trips.. the heat sinks prob wouldnt be able to dissapate much heat under the seat

the best bet is the back of the seat buddy
- harder to steal
- lots of free air to cool amp down a bit

mj3610
22-02-2006, 09:32 PM
i wouldnt put amp onto the sub box..
if a theif goes to steal ur subs then they got ur amp too

i wouldnt put it under the seat because amps run pretty hot when used on long driving trips.. the heat sinks prob wouldnt be able to dissapate much heat under the seat

the best bet is the back of the seat buddy
- harder to steal
- lots of free air to cool amp down a bit

dont forget to use allen screws to make it extra hard for the thieves to steal ;)

J-MuN
22-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, on your sub box is a good idea. Having amplifiers under your seats can cause your amplifier to overheat at times, thus leading to your amplifier cutting out.

Slow96GSR
23-02-2006, 02:57 AM
dont forget to use allen screws to make it extra hard for the thieves to steal ;)

Anti Tamper are better. They are like torx but have a little pin in the middle and most people don't have the bit to get them out!! Never put an amp under the seat, no air to cool it. Putting it on a box will rattle the connections loose. Try the back of the seats or make a mouning box/spot for it. Be creative!!

eKKy
10-03-2006, 02:22 AM
Don't know what car you have, but if you can fold down the rear seats, this might work.

Get a thin bit of board (ply, MDF, chipboard) to fit under the back carpet of your rear seats. It doesn't have to be thick,, about 9mm max. If it is cut to fit exactly then you don't have to secure the wood down at all, and is easily removable if need be. If you do need to secure it, then use Liquid Nails or simliar.

Visible holes will just be where you screw the amp down, not really noticable. For a more inconspicuous look with the wiring, just use a knife to slit the carpet to feed the cables through.

All cheap and reasonably effective, hope it helps.

MR_PEA
18-03-2006, 01:17 AM
a good spot is on the side of the car behind the wheel well on a mounted and carpeted mdf board. you can also hide the wires alot easier then on the back of a seat...