PDA

View Full Version : weird sound when slowing down

BOOSTD
22-02-2006, 10:30 PM
ive started to notice a rattle coming from the motor (or gearbox havent pin pointed the source) when i back off the gas in my s2k. any idea wat this could be?.....and how 2 fix it?

ECU-MAN
22-02-2006, 10:46 PM
check your engine oil and gearbox oil level

also check the exhaust sheilds

toE
23-02-2006, 05:26 PM
The infamous Clutch Buzz probably?

.::F[L]Y::.
23-02-2006, 08:05 PM
The infamous Clutch Buzz probably?

yes i agree with toe on this one. To a new s2000 owner this sound is terrible and sounds as if your tranny is about to crumble :p .

Easy fix is to change your clutch to the later models where honda had fixed the problem.

jdmTYPE R
25-02-2006, 01:00 AM
i had that problem it is your release bearing. i got my clutch changed with toda flywheel and its gone and feels good thanks to toda australia for there job...:)

BOOSTD
25-02-2006, 01:22 PM
ye ive alreadyy checked all the oil levels and they r fine....so a clutch change should do the job?

jdmTYPE R
25-02-2006, 03:46 PM
its a comon problems with the s2k just a shit design of the clutch. and yeh changing clutch and the bearings would solve the problem...but shop around first for prices on labour coz some places thinks its hard and they charge a arm and a leg but adrian from toda gave me the best price any has quoted give me.....

jenova
25-02-2006, 11:29 PM
its a comon problems with the s2k just a shit design of the clutch. and yeh changing clutch and the bearings would solve the problem...but shop around first for prices on labour coz some places thinks its hard and they charge a arm and a leg but adrian from toda gave me the best price any has quoted give me.....

how much you paid?

jdmTYPE R
26-02-2006, 09:45 AM
sorry

BOOSTD
26-02-2006, 10:21 PM
ok really freaked out now.....massive oil patch in the garage over night havent had chance to check trans oil and i havent even started it up yet....could it be a gearbox problen??? :( if it is its really gonna hurt my wallet

jdmTYPE R
26-02-2006, 10:29 PM
look under your car and see where the oil is coming from manual boxs normally doesnt leak oil...

BOOSTD
26-02-2006, 10:32 PM
ye just freaked me out....looked like it was just under the box but i couldnt be too sure.

jdmTYPE R
27-02-2006, 04:59 PM
check the slave cylinder and how much fluid u got on the master cylinder

blusir2
27-02-2006, 10:46 PM
i paid $550 for the labour

Happy to hear we are serving u guys well... But as the forum says pls dun quote any prices of parts or any services from workshops here dude...

U will get stung by the forum owners and also coz workshops change their prices for different applications and reasons...
Dun want ppl coming in the workshop and saying that sumone got a better quote and having to explain why they did ok..
Appreciate your free plug though.. Hope we get the chance to work on your car mate...

Problem sounds like the factory Honda clutch plate and bearing issue..
Get the newer improved one from Honda and it should be ok... But we have fitted them before and they still rattle and buzz.. guranteed way is to get a whole new clutch assembly... But it does not damage the car at all in anyway.. ur gearbox is fine unless it is another problem or fault.. Best to take it to a qualified mechanic to look at it first.. like our workshop or Honda..

Hope that helps..

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

jdmTYPE R
28-02-2006, 07:35 PM
sorry jason just edit it

blusir2
28-02-2006, 10:10 PM
sorry jason just edit it

relax mate... no need for sorries... just lettin u know as i am a newcomer too..
i just try to answer as many questions as i can so i can help us all understand our cars..

cant edit it anywayz... only u can edit it..

cheers

Jason
TODA Racing Australia

BOOSTD
02-03-2006, 05:53 PM
thanks for all the feedback guys.being a new s2000 owner i wsnt aware of this problem freaked me out tho but im soon to get it fixed. i appreciate all your help :thumbsup: :honda:

Jerfield
02-03-2006, 07:07 PM
I never had thats problem. what does the noise sound like?

BOOSTD
03-03-2006, 07:01 PM
its just like a rattle when u back off the gas at a certain rpm. you can feel it through the clutch pedal too