PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Low temp thermostat DIY

claymore
23-02-2006, 03:16 AM

kimo
26-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Very nice DIY. Any change of the oil temp. So those 2 fans are blowing at the radiator. It's strange that you feel your car hot with those fans, although I live in a very hot country. Yesterday was 25c. Can you just fit the lower fan switch.

kimo
26-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Ok for the tenth time did you gain any power. How much did you pay for the parts.

The fans SUCK air in through the radiator which is in front of the fans. There is only one fan switch (not sure of your wording) but you could just fit the fan switch but then the fans would run all the time as you engine would still be running at the hotter temp. I don't feel the engine is running hot I know it is (for the tenth time) FOR MY TASTE SAY AGAIN FOR MY TASTE. All engines used to run at approx 160 Degrees until emmissions checks came about and vehicle companies were forced to raise the temp to meet EMMISSIONS STANDARDS. So for the last time I changed this to get more performance and your CITY/JAZZ will run just fine at 180 but I PERFER MINE AT THE COOLER TEMP.

vividjazz
27-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Its interesting that the Spoon and Mugen radiator caps are 1.3 bar rather than the stock 1.1 bar.