PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it..

soloisbetter
14-04-2004, 01:24 PM
for the price of going NA with a Honda.. is it worth the extra money u gonna be spending to get results.. is it worth it over just going Turbo and getting the results cheaper. ?

Chi
14-04-2004, 01:27 PM
yes

VTEC16
14-04-2004, 02:30 PM
its a personal choice. Id rather a worked NA honda any day of the week....

vti-2
14-04-2004, 05:39 PM
for the price of going NA with a Honda.. is it worth the extra money u gonna be spending to get results.. is it worth it over just going Turbo and getting the results cheaper. ?

Sounds like you have already made up your mind. If you want outright power, nothing beats turbo on the street. IMO, N/A is more about achieving a balance between power and handling.

SPEEDCORE
14-04-2004, 06:36 PM
its a personal choice. Id rather a worked NA honda any day of the week....

:thumbsup: WERD! ;)

Hope this doesn't turn into another thread like that one in lounge forum.

type one
14-04-2004, 09:46 PM
N/A all the way...

soloisbetter
14-04-2004, 10:44 PM
naa i aint made my mind up just curious.. but how does going N/A give u a balance of Power and Handling .. ur syaing turbo cars cant handle.. im a but lost about how this makes a car handle better or worse..

A'PEXi
15-04-2004, 12:37 AM
read the turbo civic thread in the lounge lol

Javed
15-04-2004, 12:51 AM
solo, from the way you speak you are now defending turbo cars. you have made your mind up dude.

soloisbetter
15-04-2004, 01:43 AM
im just very curious of how u get more balance from a N/A car..

Slugoid
15-04-2004, 02:43 AM
im just very curious of how u get more balance from a N/A car..

Should watch some Inital D (yes, I'm serious) and some Best Motoring Internation DVD's.

Trubo cars get most of their power when turbo spools, which is roughly near mid bands. But for a N/A car, power is pretty much there from the word go, and with Honda's, the added bonus is VTEC. Power curve is also quite linear, and there's no sudden rise in power.

So what does all this mean?? Take a turbo car and a N/A car on a track and you'll notice that although a N/A car may be slower on the straight, they can corner much faster because power band is linear, even at low revs (cornering). Turbo cars are superiour on the straight, but when u get to a corner, they have to slow down. Slowing down equal less power (turbo not spooling as fast) and when turbo is not spooling, is pretty much N/A vs. N/A.

So the balance refers to power being distributed evenly at all RPM range, as well as being able to corner as fast as going straight. That's why you see a lot cars such as the AE86, Type-R's, NSX, S2K being crowned as track kings. If u watch BMI, you can actually see an AE86 whip a R34 GT-R on some twisty roads, and S2K's keeping up with S14/15's (both 2L, but N/A vs. turbo).

carbine
15-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Isn't keeping a car in its powerband driver skill?

type one
15-04-2004, 08:42 AM
yeah maybe if you're takumi... try keeping a turbo in boost around a corner.. yes might equal drift but your N/A competitor has already taken the inside line and passed you...

carbine
15-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Why do you want boost around a corner?
Your want boost comming of the corner when you have your foot on the go pedal

How do indi cars go?

fozee
15-04-2004, 04:00 PM

When racing 2 stroke bikes it is best to keep within the powerband so as to have the power instantly available to power through the and out of the corner.

Would assume the principle is the same if not similar for a turbo car.

type one
15-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Your want boost comming of the corner when you have your foot on the go pedal

How do indi cars go?

my point being that depending on your set up, you want to maintain the car at revs which will allow you to boost out of the corner... and unless your takumi (LOL) that ain't gonna happen...

Indy cars??? a poor man's F1, that being said still millions going into development... can't compare the amateur racer's car to an indy car...

SPEEDCORE
16-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I think the fundamental thing here is that N/A cars are usually a lot lighter than turbo cars.... (I'm compraing factory cars people, not N/A honda Vs turbo honda), so things like braking distances and high speed cornering is done a lot quicker compared to the heavier, more powerful counterparts!

XXpl0Sive
16-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Do you want a car to go on the track?
Do you go to the track every week to enjoy your 'balance'?
Or do you enjoy modifying your own car on the weekends etc.

Up to you, your money, your decisions...

I beleive owning a car is not about how fast it goes, it's about personal satisfaction. eg. Do you like to drift around a corner and have the satisfaction of that great feeling, or do you want to hug it and get a great lap time? Your preference.

type one
17-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Do you want a car to go on the track?
Do you go to the track every week to enjoy your 'balance'?
Or do you enjoy modifying your own car on the weekends etc.

Up to you, your money, your decisions...

I beleive owning a car is not about how fast it goes, it's about personal satisfaction. eg. Do you like to drift around a corner and have the satisfaction of that great feeling, or do you want to hug it and get a great lap time? Your preference.

yo.. what he said... :)

kickthecancrew
12-05-2004, 04:34 AM
hahaha

nothing beats BELTING V8s and TURBOS wid a NA HONDA