PDA

View Full Version : Click click click

newmski
24-02-2006, 04:41 AM
ok i go to start my car this morning and when i turn the ingnition to start car the alarm goes off at me when i get the key all the way...but no engine startage
so i try again same thing. its early in the morning so i turn of alarm (black widow) using the key now all i hear is the rapid clicking, but its not turning over at all. i checked fuses both in engine bay and under dash all seems good and i presume if im getting clicking then the battery should be ok, any suggestions?

Slow96GSR
24-02-2006, 05:30 AM
Battery is low. The alarm doesn't take much juice to work but the starter takes 40-50+ amps to turn the motor over.

Zdster
24-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Battery is low. The alarm doesn't take much juice to work but the starter takes 40-50+ amps to turn the motor over.

That would be my first assumption.

EuroDude
24-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Yep exactly the same thing happened to me a few times, time to replace the battery.

newmski
24-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Yep exactly the same thing happened to me a few times, time to replace the battery.

i realise the batery must have sooo much juice to get the car turning over but why does the alarm siren keep going off when i try to start the car?

EuroDude
24-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Because the Alarm has a security measure where if the main battery goes flat, it sounds the alarm (in other words it detects if a thief removes the battery in an attempt to disable the alarm) - this happens to my Black Widow alarm.

newmski
24-02-2006, 08:51 AM
sweet thanx very much for the quick info (Y)
you reckon she'll be ok for a while just with a jump start ( i'll leave it running for a while)

EuroDude
24-02-2006, 08:55 AM
The engine will stay alive if you keep it running, but dont count on it starting up again after turning off the engine. It depends on how bad the state of the battery is in.

Use the jump start to drive to the shops for a new battery, but you may need to change the battery in the car park. So bring some tools with you.

newmski
24-02-2006, 08:59 AM
hmmm maybe i'll just get a racq battery deliverd
cheers mate

mods please close thread :) or keep alive if you see fit

RMN15N
24-03-2006, 12:42 PM
are you sure its the battery? could it be my starter motor.. well i have the same prob.. what suggestions ?

bennjamin
24-03-2006, 12:47 PM
a "rapid clicking" soudns more like the starter motor is fecked.
Check the connections to it ~ its probably the internal carbon bushes are worn.

destrukshn
24-03-2006, 01:24 PM
yes but the alarm also goes off saying that there is no power or not enough.
so i would say battery.

RMN15N
24-03-2006, 01:27 PM
well.. i have no clue.. and plus.. i dont have an alarm.. it just did it yesterday till now.. so what should i do

bennjamin
24-03-2006, 03:20 PM

as i replied to you before....