PDA

View Full Version : Help! Sub (out) + Rears (out) = ???

Twincam16
24-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey guys, just bought a Pioneer DEH7750-MP and i have it connected through the Sub RCA & "Rears" RCA... Now these are both going to a single amplifier, a kenwood 4 channel...

Side A = Rears
Side B = 1x 12'' Sub Bridged

RCA's are on corresponding sides... all connections are right, and the channels are set etc. Inc the frequencies and the HP & LPF's...

So then why does it pump only LP or HP through all 3 speakers!!! IE. Sub & Splits all bass only... Or vice versa!

Wtf is happenin to it?

Thanks,
George

stanleym
24-02-2006, 10:05 AM
i would be obliged to say it is your rca's that are the problem

your amp is 4 channel correct how many rca wires do u have running down the side of the car????

also what model kenwood amp do u have

Slow96GSR
24-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Did you set up the frequencies you want to put out of the amp? What is the model number of the amp? I'm sure there is a switch to set the frequencies on the channels. If not you need a crossover or a separate amp for the sub.

stanleym
24-02-2006, 10:18 AM
slow i was thinkin he might have stuffed the rca at the amp end

if u hasn't split them then they wont go to lp/hp right???

also he might have them in wrong ports

would that explain how he only gets either lpf/hpf due to not splitting rca's??

zorrt
24-02-2006, 11:36 AM
normally u should be able to set the freq. setting for both channels on the amp. Unless you've bridged the channel there should be no problem setting each channel separately.

u mentioned uve bridged ur 1x12" Sub. Yet u only have a 4 channel Amp. So u would of bridged channel A and B right? Then thats where ur problem is. Once u bridge it A and B is pretty much 1 channel so ur only controlling 1 channel. Hence u get the results uve posted.

stanleym
24-02-2006, 11:40 AM
normally u should be able to set the freq. setting for both channels on the amp. Unless you've bridged the channel there should be no problem setting each channel separately.

u mentioned uve bridged ur 1x12" Sub. Yet u only have a 4 channel Amp. So u would of bridged channel A and B right? Then thats where ur problem is. Once u bridge it A and B is pretty much 1 channel so ur only controlling 1 channel. Hence u get the results uve posted.

what u have there dont make much sense though

he has side a with the 2 rear speakers so 4 cable running to side a of amp

then on side b he has 2 cables taking the whole of side b

assuming he has got his rca correct and in the right posts and has the usual switches he should be able to configure lpf for sub and hpf for rear speakers it should not be what is happening

zorrt
24-02-2006, 12:15 PM
quoting what he says

"Side A = Rears
Side B = 1x 12'' Sub Bridged"

note the mentioned the sub is bridge
u understand wat bridgin means right?
if u did then wat i said would make sense

stanleym
24-02-2006, 12:21 PM
briding the side b channel would be combining the + of one channel to the - of the other course i kno what it means by that being done it still allows 2 channels in side a to be used normally

if by bridging channel a and b u would only get 1 channel there would be no point buying a 4 channel amp..... may aswell buy a mono block

i think i get wat u saying where as i read it wrong believeing u didn't mean a and b just bridging channel a or channel b

zorrt
24-02-2006, 12:36 PM
yea depends on the use really
I got a 4 channel amp, i run 2 channels to my fronts, and bridge the last 2 to my sub. Saves from having to get 2 amps and having to distribute power.

And yea i meant that he may have connected his rears to channel A and then at the same time bridge channel A and B together to run his sub. Not a good setup but hey, his car his expense.

Anyways no point discussing this as the OP hasnt responded with his situation.

Slow96GSR
24-02-2006, 03:49 PM
We really need the amp model before we can diagnose it. We have to know if the channels can be independently set with the proper frequencies or if it does just two, front and rears or a/b.

Also some 4-channel amps will not do a 4/3/2/1 bridging. We really need the model to get the specs! Hurry up and post it! This Yank is impatient!!

Twincam16
28-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Pretty sure its an amp problem... Yesterday bridged the amp into 2x12" subs... through single rca (sub out) and into A+B channels, one sub distorts, and funnily enough its the same side (a) that was channeled to the rears...

Think its time for a new amp :)