PDA

View Full Version : Need help with CRX fuel problem

157INY
25-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi guys and girls.
I have a ZC CRX 1.6L Jap spec. I have this fuel problem, I can smell fuel in the car when I drive and now it is doing a lot of other things.
I have checked everything that I thought it could be i.e. filter, charcol filter, fuel filler,and etc.. I was at the shops today and it stalled and then did it a few more times and then wouldnt start, after I left it for a bit, then it started. I am thinking that maybe it is pushing through to much fuel or maybe not enough. I have read through all the already posted information in the archive but have not got anywhere. Also sometimes it runs on after I have turned the ignition off. If anyone can help I would be more than happy.
Thanks guys. :)

ECU-MAN
26-02-2006, 07:59 PM
check your main PGMFI relay

SINISTR
26-02-2006, 10:39 PM
hey there,

couple of things I can think off;

1: incorrect ignition timing - relates to the car being hard to start and running after you've switched the ignition off.

2: smell of fuel - if obvoiusly overfueling when the ignition timing is off which suggests your timing is too far retarded. Possible you have faulty plugs, wrong heat range something like that.

3: smell of fuel - if its right after you fill the car up, its possible you have a small leak right near the fuel pump.

riruiz_88
14-10-2008, 08:02 PM
mmmm mine has a smelly rear end as well. i reckon it would be your timing as well, best to replace parts starting from most obvious/cheapest then going onto more complex/expensive side of parts.

Snoop_gee
14-10-2008, 08:19 PM
this is from the year 2006.
Way to go to dig up an old thread!

Roy_Wang
14-10-2008, 09:28 PM
hey mate how long does the car run after turning the ignition off???

sid
15-10-2008, 12:25 AM
this is from the year 2006.
Way to go to dig up an old thread!

Now can we all let this thread die.