PDA

View Full Version : Replacing rear license plate bulbs

lokets
26-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Hello. I have a 03 Jazz GLi CVT and recently wanted to replace its rear license plate bulbs but found tremendous difficulty.

These are the bulbs just above your Jazz's rear license plate. They are housed in bulb assemblies (2 of them). According to the manual, to get to the bulb, all you need to do is to slide the entire assembly towards the right and pop/lift it out. Then, you can get to replace the bulb inside.

Well, I tried sliding to the right very hard, very soft with all imaginable force but the thing does not budge. :( I am not happy.

I like to know:
- Have any of you ever remove stupid thing before? Any difficulty? How did you do it?

- Is this stupid thing glue/nailed/secured down in some way to the rear swing door itself?

- Would it be easier if I remove this bulb assembly from the other side - that is, from the inside, the inner surface of the rear swing door?

Thanks for any helpful suggestion, or just reading to allow me to vent my frustration.

I love my Jazz but this is pushing it... :D

My final alternative is to ask the Honda service centre to replace the bulb for me, but not sure if they are going to charge me extra... crap...

vividjazz
26-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah I changed my rear number plate lights. Little bit stiff to move but the procedure in the manual is correct. Don't think you'll get to them from the other side or by other means.

If your struggling its much cheaper to get a pro to do it than bust something or scratch the paintwork by doing something silly. Watch when they do it so you can do it in future unless they are one of those mechanics who does everything behind closed doors.

bilz~
26-02-2006, 03:43 PM
i had that changed too.. wen i did it i just pushed it to the right very hard...
they aren't glued on...u'll need a lil bit more patience on sliding it out...
just follow the exact same steps from the manual

and no i dont think u can change it from the inside...

STTICH
26-02-2006, 04:01 PM
yes the instruction in the owners manual is exactly how u'd do it.

just b patient, apply a little bit of force (don break it ;) ) and u'll be fine.

after the first time..second and third time etc etc will b much much more easier as u'll then know where's the correct spot to apply pressure on.

hav fun :)

ahcash
27-02-2006, 01:13 PM
this has to be the easiest thing to do mate.. from memory.. just more the cover to the ----> and then out it comes.. you do have to put some force though..

TRoLL
27-02-2006, 06:04 PM
sorry to tell you this time and time again, but yes i did it. It was a real B@#CH for the 1st one cos you think you are going to break it. 2nd one was alot easier. Try loosening it a bit, push left right up down then follow directions.

08ESE
27-02-2006, 06:55 PM
i popped the hatch, popped off the inner cover and dropped off the exterior cover / handle?

was piss easy

magii
27-02-2006, 07:49 PM
just wondering which type of bulb does it use?

vividjazz
27-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Same as parkers.

civiceg9
28-02-2006, 01:06 AM
just wondering which type of bulb does it use?

T10

is new so just use some muscle to push it in to remove the plug

Andys
28-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Try spraying with WD40 and leave it for a minute ;)